Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:49 AM

Mein Auto: E92 335D
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Any way that you know of Hauer to remove the speed limiter without Option Codes and an FSC?
Without FSC it's not possible.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauer View Post
Without FSC it's not possible.
Do you know if non-M-Sport cars can add S840A High speed synchronization to at least increase the limit? S840A does not seem to require an FSC Code, or if it does, it isn't stored in HU_CIC like all the others.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 10-24-2012, 07:59 AM

Mein Auto: 335i E92
Today had a M5 F10 without VMAX. had the VMAX encoding value C9.
What did the original?
Old 10-28-2012, 07:26 AM

Mein Auto: M5 F10
I tried it before; Both in DME12 and DME13 sections, you can change the values from a drop down menu even to the VMX wert 326km/h
But when I tried reaching it the limiter was still in place, and the chosen 'wert' was overwritten to 'initial' or something like it.

I do believe it must be possible but we are now grabbing in the dark;
Is it in the transmission ecu?
3000chf is too much just to unlock high speed
Old 10-28-2012, 07:44 AM

For what it is worth, I was advised as follows from an Exx Coder:

"On DME / DDE of E-Series cars the v_max coding can only be changed if the "Betriebsstundenzaehler" (= counter operating hours) is "0" - this is the case if the DDE / DME is brand new. Until early 2008 (software version of DDE / DME) it was possible to change the v_max coding of a DDE / DME also if "Betriebsstundenzaehler" > 0. Therefore the DME / DDE needs to be coded right after it was upgraded to a newer software version. This was quite good to increase the spee limit of ost US spec cars from 210 to 250 km/h. Unfortunately this backdoor was closed later...

I do not think that it is possible to change v_max coding via E-Sys the usual way (e.g. FDL coding).
"

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 12-24-2012, 08:13 AM

Mein Auto: 09 E92 328i Sport
Hi guys, I'm new to this Forum but not too new to BMW's

I have been looking over all the issues on changing the speed from 130/155 to Max

Well the underlying issue here is the Speedo corrector. (most of you guys alreasy know of this)

You can fight the unlimited battle all you want but you can get more speed out of your car by concentrating on how to get the speed corrector turned off on the analog side

I have a strip of freeway close to my house that on Sunday mornings I can get my 328i sport package to "155" but the true speed is 141mph due to the speedo Corrector. "Close to a 10% reduction in true speed"

Just a thought for everyone, BMW lies to everyone about the top speed setting and I really do not find that it is fair for a company to call it's cars "the ultimate driving machine" yet the car is being held back over and over by every limitation they can put on it.

It's just a thought, I know this thread is about speed limiting, I just wanted to bring up the fact that it is limited in two ways.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsull80 View Post
Hi guys, I'm new to this Forum but not too new to BMW's

I have been looking over all the issues on changing the speed from 130/155 to Max

Well the underlying issue here is the Speedo corrector. (most of you guys alreasy know of this)

You can fight the unlimited battle all you want but you can get more speed out of your car by concentrating on how to get the speed corrector turned off on the analog side

I have a strip of freeway close to my house that on Sunday mornings I can get my 328i sport package to "155" but the true speed is 141mph due to the speedo Corrector. "Close to a 10% reduction in true speed"

Just a thought for everyone, BMW lies to everyone about the top speed setting and I really do not find that it is fair for a company to call it's cars "the ultimate driving machine" yet the car is being held back over and over by every limitation they can put on it.

It's just a thought, I know this thread is about speed limiting, I just wanted to bring up the fact that it is limited in two ways.
This is very true.

I have written many times about this, but again, BMW can advance the speedometer by 10% + 2.4 MPH per the attachment, which at higher speeds can be pretty substantial.

If VMAX is applied to the Advanced Speedometer reading rather than actual vehicle speed, a VMAX restriction of 155 MPH would limit the vehicle's actual speed to 139 MPH (139 MPH x 1.10 +2.4 = 155.3 MPH).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMW Speedometer Advance.pdf (28.8 KB, 224 views)

Old 12-24-2012, 10:17 AM

Mein Auto: 09 E92 328i Sport
Quote:
This is very true.

I have written many times about this, but again, BMW can advance the speedometer by 10% + 2.4 MPH per the attachment, which at higher speeds can be pretty substantial.

If VMAX is applied to the Advanced Speedometer reading rather than actual vehicle speed, a VMAX restriction of 155 MPH would limit the vehicle's actual speed to 139 MPH (139 MPH x 1.10 +2.4 = 155.3 MPH).
If they can make it larger, Why cant we make it smaller? maybe to a min setting?
Old 01-17-2013, 04:54 PM

Mein Auto: 118d F20
V-Max

Hello guys, a few days ago i had a cd here to set the V-Max free. I looked in the code of it and there way a hash5 code with over 50 letters so it isnt possible to get the code back to normal. The funniest thing is that the people from bmw motorsport dont know anything about this cd. I gave them a few days ago my one and they want to look what they can do.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1gB0x View Post
Hello guys, a few days ago i had a cd here to set the V-Max free. I looked in the code of it and there way a hash5 code with over 50 letters so it isnt possible to get the code back to normal. The funniest thing is that the people from bmw motorsport dont know anything about this cd. I gave them a few days ago my one and they want to look what they can do.
And you did not make a copy of the CD and give them the copy? You gave them the one and only original CD?

Where exactly did you obtain this CD from?

Old 01-18-2013, 04:03 AM

Mein Auto: Bmw 640d
Really interested in removing the speed limiter. Any news?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:36 AM

Mein Auto: range rover
Is it possible to code a different cars ncd file?

Coyote96 was nice enough to send me his ncd files for review. He has a 650 gc msport i have a 650gc non msport. I was looking through his dme and the only difference is that his vmax is at 240 and mine is at 210. The weird thing is that his dme ncd file has a different file name than mine, while his others match mine.

What would happen if I loaded his fdl into my dme folder and fdl coded?

Last edited by djsaad1; 02-14-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
Is it possible to code a different cars ncd file?

Coyote96 was nice enough to send me his ncd files for review. He has a 650 gc msport i have a 650gc non msport. I was looking through his dme and the only difference is that his vmax is at 240 and mine is at 210. The weird thing is that his dme ncd file has a different file name than mine, while his others match mine.

What would happen if I loaded his fdl into my dme folder and fdl coded?
His CAFD is different because either his options are different enough that it warrants a different CAFD, or simply because his car is on a different Integration Level.

You will not be able to inject his .ncd into your CAFD if they are different. First you would need to change your CAFD to match his, then inject his .ncd, but I can't even speculate what impact that could have on the car.

And, even if doable, I think you will still find VMAX stuck at 210 for you.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
His CAFD is different because either his options are different enough that it warrants a different CAFD, or simply because his car is on a different Integration Level.

You will not be able to inject his .ncd into your CAFD if they are different. First you would need to change your CAFD to match his, then inject his .ncd, but I can't even speculate what impact that could have on the car.

So you don't believe him having a different CAFD means much when it comes to vmax? I thought it might of had something to do with it.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
So you don't believe him having a different CAFD means much when it comes to vmax? I thought it might of had something to do with it.
I don't. Take your car in for Dealer Programming, and you will get a new CAFD if the DME firmware has been updated, but you won't get VMAX 240 along with it.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:

Completely off topic but just FYI, I was able to add my original 6WA CAFD to my 6WB Dkombi module by changing the file name in the SVT. I was then able to inject the .ncd file into it and fdl code it.

The 6WB completely rebooted and gave me many failures, but VO coding it brought it back to normal. I obviously wouldn't try this on the DME but I thought it was interesting that it allowed me to fdl code a different cafd file.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:00 PM

Mein Auto: BMW F10 530D SILVER
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;7408202
Completely off topic but just FYI, I was able to add my original 6WA CAFD to my 6WB Dkombi module by changing the file name in the SVT. I was then able to inject the .ncd file into it and fdl code it.

The 6WB completely rebooted and gave me many failures, but VO coding it brought it back to normal. I obviously wouldn't try this on the DME but I thought it was interesting that it allowed me to fdl code a different cafd file.
Hello djsaad1, do you think I could code my kombi, by rename the cafd files? Could you tell the correct ones for a BMW f10 ? As you know is for my swap to the 6wa.

Best regards.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW M5
I was able to reach 162 mph in my 2013 M5 had to slow down caught up to some cars. But I thought the US cars were governed at 155mph?
Old 03-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Mein Auto: F10 M5
Tach is optimistic. GPS speed will be around 155-157mph , all F10 M5s are limited , only way to remove the speed limiter is to buy the M Drivers Package (not available in NA)
Old 04-13-2013, 02:12 AM

Mein Auto: 550i F10
Any updates on this one?

I would be even satisfied if I could change it to the 255 km/h - 160 mph range... This 130mph restriction in the US sucks!
Old 04-13-2013, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanrider View Post
Any updates on this one?

I would be even satisfied if I could change it to the 255 km/h - 160 mph range... This 130mph restriction in the US sucks!
No. Seemingly not possible without some sort of FSC Code, or going to a Tuner like Dinan.

Old 04-13-2013, 05:55 AM

Thanks Shawn again for your help!

Ok, that FSC Code, i guess you can't just get it from the dealer, right? Do you have any specific info for this?

Dinan? I heard lot about it, but didnt find any link to this company. You have any source?

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2013, 06:05 AM

Quote:
For what it is worth, I was advised as follows from an Exx Coder:

"On DME / DDE of E-Series cars the v_max coding can only be changed if the "Betriebsstundenzaehler" (= counter operating hours) is "0" - this is the case if the DDE / DME is brand new. Until early 2008 (software version of DDE / DME) it was possible to change the v_max coding of a DDE / DME also if "Betriebsstundenzaehler" > 0. Therefore the DME / DDE needs to be coded right after it was upgraded to a newer software version. This was quite good to increase the spee limit of ost US spec cars from 210 to 250 km/h. Unfortunately this backdoor was closed later...

I do not think that it is possible to change v_max coding via E-Sys the usual way (e.g. FDL coding).
"
If this is also valid for the F10, would it not work to put the "Betriebsstundenzaehler" to 0 and then do the DME modifications and then bring the "Betriebsstundenzaehler" back to normal/previous counter?

As far as I know there are tons of those people who can "manipulate" the distance counter of the car....
Old 04-13-2013, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Thanks Shawn again for your help!

Ok, that FSC Code, i guess you can't just get it from the dealer, right? Do you have any specific info for this?

Dinan? I heard lot about it, but didnt find any link to this company. You have any source?

Thanks!
It is Option Code 7ME, and is for ///M Cars only as far as I know:

"M Driver’s Package BMW M3; M5 (F10); M6 (F06/F12/F13); X5M; X6M; Z4M"

7ME Bestellformular_englisch alle Modelle_März 2013.pdf

You could not find a link to Dinan? Really?

http://www.dinancars.com/

Old 04-13-2013, 06:13 AM

Quote:
If this is also valid for the F10, would it not work to put the "Betriebsstundenzaehler" to 0 and then do the DME modifications and then bring the "Betriebsstundenzaehler" back to normal/previous counter?

As far as I know there are tons of those people who can "manipulate" the distance counter of the car....
I don't know of anyone who has tried it on Fxx chassis.