Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery > The Travel Forum

The Travel Forum
Planning a trip or have a great travel story? Need travel tips or want to share your experiences (and photos)? Whether you are travelling for business or pleasure, the Bimmerfest Travel Forum is your best resource on the Web.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Is Delta's Economy Comfort class worth the extra money?

We have a flight to Berlin coming up soon. We were looking at the cost of Delta's comfort economy seating class. Apparently, the seats recline 50% more than regular economy seating. Obviously, they are in a better location so you can exit the plane sooner. They give you alcoholic drinks as part of the deal aswell. We can enter the plane before the rest of the cattle, etc...

It's a 7 1/2 hour duration flight. For an extra $115 per person we can get this seating. The width of the seats are the same as economy.

I'm not gonna be drinking a ton a of alcohol on the flight so that's not really a factor for me.

I guess the recline is what makes its worth it? Thoughts, please?

Thanks in advance.
Sent from a cell phone
Ads by Google
Old 07-01-2012, 09:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 Z4 35i DSB 6MT
neve1064,

I just flew Delta on my ED in Ecomony Plus. I have status so I didn't have to pay the extra but probably would have. The leg room is the key for me and the seats do recline a little more because of the avaliable leg room. One thing to check on is the space under the seat in front of you because of the electronics. I am not sure every seat has this issue but it could be a problem for some.

This site may help you with the "best" seats. http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del...nformation.php
Old 07-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Powder Days

Mein Auto: 2005 X3 2.5i (ED 2004)
I would check the cost of Business class fares as well. There 's a pretty good sale on now (or maybe it ended)

Cheers

"I never understood the dread term "terminal illness" until I saw Heathrow for myself." Dennis Hopper