Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts

BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts
Do you own a diesel powered BMW? Maybe a 335d or a BMW x35d? Come and talk about what makes your car great!

Old 07-01-2012, 05:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 335d
Smile New 335D Owner

I just purchased my 2011 335D used, Clearwater Blue, Sport/Premium Package and CA options in beige leather.

First off driving this car is a learning curve for me - push gas gently or will cause neck snaps and tire squeals! Also getting used to looking at the speedometer, whenever it feels like 65 im actually going 95!

Now I am not one to jump into any upgrades or aftermarket parts without first getting used to the car and speding a few months researching options. So my purpose in writing this thread is to find out what experience owners would or wouldn't do as "must have" or "could do without" options! As of now the only option I purchased was the "LED Angel Eyes bulbs" since this is something that just looks horrible and drives me crazy!

Your opinions:
Floormats - Tan or Black, rubber or carpet? (beige interior) Brands?
Window Tint - Your opinions in brand, % F & R?
Vinyl Wrap - Add roof color? or just clear bra?
Fogs - HID conversion? Any LED options?
Engine:
JB Performance module? Worth money? Any issues?
K&N Filter? intake upgrades? or stay stock?
Rear Diff LSD?

Thanks for any help!
Ads by Google
Old 07-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Pedant and Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: 335d, 328d, Toyota T100
LSD

And this avatar picture is not your bluewater with tan interior!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:48 AM
East Coast Commuter

Mein Auto: 435/x3 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by billj214 View Post
I just purchased my 2011 335D used, Clearwater Blue, Sport/Premium Package and CA options in beige leather.

First off driving this car is a learning curve for me - push gas gently or will cause neck snaps and tire squeals! Also getting used to looking at the speedometer, whenever it feels like 65 im actually going 95!

Now I am not one to jump into any upgrades or aftermarket parts without first getting used to the car and speding a few months researching options. So my purpose in writing this thread is to find out what experience owners would or wouldn't do as "must have" or "could do without" options! As of now the only option I purchased was the "LED Angel Eyes bulbs" since this is something that just looks horrible and drives me crazy!

Your opinions:
Floormats - Tan or Black, rubber or carpet? (beige interior) Brands?
Window Tint - Your opinions in brand, % F & R?
Vinyl Wrap - Add roof color? or just clear bra?
Fogs - HID conversion? Any LED options?
Engine:
JB Performance module? Worth money? Any issues?
K&N Filter? intake upgrades? or stay stock?
Rear Diff LSD?

Thanks for any help!
Nice car. My opinon...tint it and leave the rest stock. Go with 30 percent tint all around by a good quality tint such as Llumar or Formula One. As for the floormats...I always go with black carpet mats because they clean up easy. Black goes with every interior since the dash always has black parts to it. Makes for a nice contrast IMHO.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335d
To answer your floormat question, my car came new with BMW beige floormats and they have held up pretty good with all things considered. I'd only do the rubber ones if you lived in an area that would have you getting in with wet shoes a lot. I have had the loaner cars with BMW rubber floor mats and not really cared for them at all but can see the point of having them if you lived in areas with a lot of rain or snow.

For the tinting I went with what ever the legal percentage is here and all around. I think that is 30% but I am not sure offhand what it is. I really regret not having the rears done darker, which is legal here. I even just recently got a quote for having it all redone but not sure if I care enough to spend that much money on this car right now.

Last edited by Snipe656; 07-02-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 335d
Thanks for the feedback, as of now I recieved my LED Angel Eyes and have to say I think I made a big mistake! I chose the blue LED since I figured the car was blue and thought it would look cool but it's way too blue! I might just use them for a few weeks and switch to white.
I also got the tan rubber floormats from the dealer and after 1 day the driver side matt is showing black streaks from shoe marks! Another mistake, should have got black but the wife insisted on tan!

Next is to replace the fogs with something more white, any suggestions on H8 bulbs?? Does anyone prefer yellow bulbs or is there a bulb available in the pure white color range to match HID?

Thanks again for any help!
Old 07-03-2012, 06:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335d
Are your doors beige too? If so then be prepared for black streaks on them and the plastic trim piece down the rocker panel. No matter how hard you try it will happen. I have gotten pretty good at cleaning that stuff off but it gets old real quick. I wish at least the rocker panel trim piece had been black. At times I even have been tempted to just try pulling mine off and painting them with some black interior paint.