Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-29-2012, 10:52 PM
CJ645Bern's Avatar
CJ645Bern CJ645Bern is offline
youtube.com/lidlgangsta
Location: Deptford, NJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 224
Mein Auto: 05' 645ci & 01' z3
Test drove a 2012 750i

Hey all. Im not usually on this part of the forums. But Bmw had the olympic event and I got to test drive a 2012 750I! And boy the car is BEAUTIFUL! I couldnt get on it because the salesman was in the passengers seat but its such a smooth ride. The power of german engineering lol.
__________________
live fast, drive faster

2010 Acura TL (daily driver)
2005 BMW 645ci Coupe (traded for TL)
2001 BMW z3 3.0i vert' (TOTALED RIP)
1991 NISSAN 300zx 2+2 (gave to brother)
2007 BMW z4 (traded for 6er)
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 06-30-2012, 06:39 AM
PREDATOR 007's Avatar
PREDATOR 007 PREDATOR 007 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: ** Removed **
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,646
Mein Auto: 2013 750Li
That wouldn’t have stopped me from jumping on it. In fact, I would think the salesman would encourage it so that maybe you would fall in love with it. I remember a few years ago when I was looking at the 5 series, the salesman encouraged me to run it hard, even going out on country roads and locking the brakes up at 40mph. I did feel that was a bit excessive, but there is a happy medium there somewhere.
__________________
** Removed ** 19,000th, 22,000th, 22,222th, 26,000th & 35,000 post in http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...39113&page=912
WR 12.63 @ 111.14 MPH
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-30-2012, 06:48 AM
CJ645Bern's Avatar
CJ645Bern CJ645Bern is offline
youtube.com/lidlgangsta
Location: Deptford, NJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 224
Mein Auto: 05' 645ci & 01' z3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard109 View Post
That wouldn’t have stopped me from jumping on it. In fact, I would think the salesman would encourage it so that maybe you would fall in love with it. I remember a few years ago when I was looking at the 5 series, the salesman encouraged me to run it hard, even going out on country roads and locking the brakes up at 40mph. I did feel that was a bit excessive, but there is a happy medium there somewhere.
Lol damn it thats true!
__________________
live fast, drive faster

2010 Acura TL (daily driver)
2005 BMW 645ci Coupe (traded for TL)
2001 BMW z3 3.0i vert' (TOTALED RIP)
1991 NISSAN 300zx 2+2 (gave to brother)
2007 BMW z4 (traded for 6er)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Individual750LI's Avatar
Individual750LI Individual750LI is offline
BMW rocks!
Location: Las Vegas
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 513
Mein Auto: 2013 750I M
During the demostration on the day I pick up my 7, the sales really ran it hard while I was in the passenger seat. He was telling me that he wanted to show me what this car is capable of, I was like, " Man, slow down! This is my new car and I don't want someone to abuse it beside me! "
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-03-2012, 06:59 AM
dchen2 dchen2 is offline
Registered User
Location: Denver, CO
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 88
Mein Auto: Mustang 5.0, AH 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Individual750LI View Post
During the demostration on the day I pick up my 7, the sales really ran it hard while I was in the passenger seat. He was telling me that he wanted to show me what this car is capable of, I was like, " Man, slow down! This is my new car and I don't want someone to abuse it beside me! "
I feel the same here, I don't mind if the sales person demos the car's performance in a dedicated demo car, but my own car? No way! I got my car with 1.3 miles on the odo and from that point forward, no sales person is going to beat on my car!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-03-2012, 07:15 AM
Deutsch100 Deutsch100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Southern California
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 631
Mein Auto: 2012 Active Hybrid 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchen2 View Post
I feel the same here, I don't mind if the sales person demos the car's performance in a dedicated demo car, but my own car? No way! I got my car with 1.3 miles on the odo and from that point forward, no sales person is going to beat on my car!
Exactly!! Our sales guy knows this, at least with us, by now!! We've bought 6 new BMWs from him, and he knows that if I am driving the car, I might buy....I am not going to floor the gas pedal and test the ABS brakes!! I always try and buy the car with the absolute fewest miles on the odo! Single digits are rare (only happened a few times), but I always try and find the car with less than 20/25 miles on the odo.
__________________
2013 Rolls Royce Phantom Sedan,
2013 Phantom Aviator Coupe, 2013 G63 AMG
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-03-2012, 05:13 PM
PREDATOR 007's Avatar
PREDATOR 007 PREDATOR 007 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: ** Removed **
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,646
Mein Auto: 2013 750Li
My car had 124 miles on it and I put 30 of them on it. I figured it’s a lease so what the heck.
__________________
** Removed ** 19,000th, 22,000th, 22,222th, 26,000th & 35,000 post in http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...39113&page=912
WR 12.63 @ 111.14 MPH
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms