Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 10-13-2013, 04:44 PM

Mein Auto: 740i Sport, 530i Sport
Which 335i would you choose? Why?

Well, my son is old enough to drive so he is getting moms car which means that mom is getting a new car. She wants a 335i and our budget is $20000. She has two that she is interested in, both are 2007 coupe models.
The first is a one owner, white with saddle/black interior, sport, premium, cold weather, no nav, with 22,000 miles or 10 months left on BMW gold warranty. It has 78,000 miles and I can get it for $16,500. All recalls have been completed and all maintenance records are available.
The second car is a two owner, blue with cream interior, sport, premium, cold weather, with nav. It is under an extended all inclusive warranty until 125,000 miles or august 2015. Meticulously maintained, all recall work performed as well. It has 67,000 and asking price is $20,000.
Im a cheap bastard and like to get the best deal possible, so I'm leaning toward the white one (and it's the one that my wife likes). On the other hand, I like that the blue one has two years left on a complete bumper to bumper, electrical included warranty.
Which would you choose and why?
Ads by Google
Old 10-13-2013, 05:34 PM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
When you say cream are you meaning the oyster (very white) or the beige (yellow-tan)?

If both cars are mechanically sound, and equally maintained; esthetically, I'd probably lean toward the white over saddle brown as the saddle brown leather will be easier to maintain than the cream. Plus, it's a bit less common than the beige and with the white is a very classy combination.

I've had my E93 with the saddle brown interior for 4 years (also in the Texas heat) and while I am pretty religious about wiping it down and conditioning it, the leather still looks as good as the day we brought it home brand new.

Bottom line, get what you like. Either way, you can't go wrong.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 10-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 09 135i
Who's the second ones warranty through?
Old 10-13-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
When you say cream are you meaning the oyster (very white) or the beige (yellow-tan)?

If both cars are mechanically sound, and equally maintained; esthetically, I'd probably lean toward the white over saddle brown as the saddle brown leather will be easier to maintain than the cream. Plus, it's a bit less common than the beige and with the white is a very classy combination.

I've had my E93 with the saddle brown interior for 4 years (also in the Texas heat) and while I am pretty religious about wiping it down and conditioning it, the leather still looks as good as the day we brought it home brand new.

Bottom line, get what you like. Either way, you can't go wrong.
It's the Oyster.

I guess my question is more along the lines of do you think it is worth the extra $3500 for the two year peace of mind as apposed to one year. They are both pretty identical when it comes to options and packages with the exception of the navigation in the blue.

My wife really likes the white over saddle/black, and I really like the price. BUT, I like the 2 year warranty on the other as well, and I think I've got him down as far as he is willing to go. I might be able to push $19,500, but that is a big maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
Who's the second ones warranty through?
I can't remember the exact name, it starts with a "p" I believe, purchased through his credit union, but it's very comprehensive. I went and looked at the blue one today and he showed me all paperwork. The warranty covers everything but standard wear and tear items. It even covers all electrical components.

I'm driving to look at the white one tomorrow, but I am sincerely torn between the two.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:46 PM

Mein Auto: E46, E83, E90 (all MT)
I am not much of a fan of third-party warranties. They often cover less than you think.

Therefore, if the White car has some remaining BMW extended warranty, that may be better than the third-party warranty on the blue car.

Blue is a pretty color, but white is more practical for Texas. My car is white, with the saddle-brown leather, and I really like that color combination.

So, it is obvious which of those two cars I would choose, assuming no major issues or damage history on either vehicle. Be sure to have a thorough pre-purchase inspection (PPI) performed by a good BMW shop.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 e90 335i jb4
Which 335i would you choose? Why?

Blue one all the way! BMW extended warranty is what you need for a N54 335i!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 10-13-2013, 07:19 PM

It's an extended warranty through Route 66, which gets pretty good reviews.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Philosopher-king

Mein Auto: E91, Volvo, Porsche
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblindy View Post
BMW gold warranty.
The BMW "gold" warranty doesn't include the stereo (or the navigation system -- but the car you're looking at doesn't have one) -- I have the BMW "platinum" warranty which does. I mention this because I have had sound system problems with my car almost since it was new. I'm on the list to have the amplifier for mine replaced -- the part is backed ordered so it may take a few weeks for it to come in. I've heard it's not a cheap repair without the warranty.

Quote:
Im a cheap bastard and like to get the best deal possible
As above....
2008 E91 station wagon 20K miles "Classic" BMW inline six, six-speed manual transmission, Alpine, Terra, Xenons, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, PDC, CA, alarm, M shifter and M brake handle, Euro rear fog light switch, Euro aspheric mirrors, rear power outlets, Euro split armrest, Garmin nüvi custom cupholder mount, Lidatek, V-1 built-in remote display, tire pump, jack, floor mats, sand, dog hair, several pairs of smelly old running shoes.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:59 PM

Mein Auto: 130i & E92 325i, E90 SOLD
E92 M sport spec in white
06 130i - ROCK SOLID Performer
07 320i - SOLD
08 E92 325i - Blue SOLD
Bicycles: Giant TCR Advanced Zero SOLD, Argon 18 Krypton, Argon 18E114, Trek Madone COMING
BOUGHT : MY11.5 X1 Xdrive25i

New car... Estoril Blue Car
Old 10-14-2013, 05:33 AM

Seems like most are leaning towards the white, as is my wife and I. But dammit, I can't get past the extended warranty on the other one. I do all the work on the two that we have now, but the engine bay in the 335 looks so crammed and packed. And what if the turbos decide to give up the ghost at 101,000 miles? BAH.......decisions.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
My wife really likes the white over saddle/black, and I really like the price. BUT, I like the 2 year warranty on the other as well, and I think I've got him down as far as he is willing to go. I might be able to push $19,500, but that is a big maybe.
Here is your answer. Nothing else need be said. As for the warranty $3,500 can pay for a lot of maintenance / repair barring any major issue. Or you might be able to buy a warranty with the savings.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:31 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 335is
I'm in with the rest of the group on this one, and ultimately it is what is going to make your wife happy. Happy wife means a happy life.

BMW 335is, Le Mans blue with Black Dakota leather, Convenience and Premium packages, 19" wheels, 7 speed DCT, heated seats, Nav., Harmon Kardon Logic 7 stereo w/ Satellite radio.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:29 PM

Well we went with the white one. We pick it up Friday. Clickable thumbnails.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:01 PM

Mein Auto: E46, E83, E90 (all MT)
Very nice looking!

Old 10-14-2013, 04:21 PM

Thank you. Can't complain for $16500 and a year of warranty left on it. I'm sure my wife will enjoy it. Hell, hopefully she'll let me drive it once in a while.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:02 PM

Mein Auto: 335i Sedan M Spec
Quote:
Thank you. Can't complain for $16500 and a year of warranty left on it. I'm sure my wife will enjoy it. Hell, hopefully she'll let me drive it once in a while.
Wow we pay more than double that in Aus
Old 10-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Well we went with the white one. We pick it up Friday. Clickable thumbnails.

Suhweeet!!! And no holes in the front bumper!! Bonus!

Enjoy the new ride.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 10-14-2013, 07:52 PM

Mein Auto: BLT335xi, e92 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
...as the saddle brown leather will be easier to maintain than the cream. Plus, it's a bit less common than the beige and with the white is a very classy combination.
I love the saddle brown on BMWs
BMWCCA #489063

The BLT335xi - '11 BMW 335xi, M-Sport, Convenience, Premium, H/K sound, iDrive

Previous Rides:
'13 Cadillac ATS - Fired
'09 BMW 328xi - KIA by Bambi, reincarnated in Michigan
'11 Ford Fusion SEL
'08 Honda Accord Coupe
'01 Saab 9-3 2.0T