Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts

BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts
Do you own a diesel powered BMW? Maybe a 335d or a BMW x35d? Come and talk about what makes your car great!

Old 07-03-2012, 02:32 PM

Mein Auto: Audi S6 Avant
2011 335D Bluetooth Audio Question??

I have never had Bluetooth audio on my cars and I'm not sure if the software on my 335D is the most current version. When I was test driving different cars at dealerships and my son connected his i-phone in the first tester, he said the entire music library was displayed on the screen. On my car, only one song is displayed and you have to blindly scroll through the screen one at a time. I brought this to the dealers attention and they claim that it will not display the music library on the screen to scroll through?? Either my son is dreaming and incorrect, or I have an older software version that does not allow full display (only arrow forward or back with single song displayed). Can you other 335D owners tell me what your screen displays when a current i-phone is connected? Thanks! Dave
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335d
What is the build date of your car?
Old 07-03-2012, 06:44 PM

62Lincoln:

Not sure where to find build date. I have the original papers showing the car being inspected in August 2011. I presume it was shipped from the factory just prior to that? Please let me know how to determine build date if that's not close.
Thanks,
Dave
Old 07-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Oil Burners Rule!

Mein Auto: 2014 328d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggy View Post
62Lincoln:

Not sure where to find build date. I have the original papers showing the car being inspected in August 2011. I presume it was shipped from the factory just prior to that? Please let me know how to determine build date if that's not close.
Thanks,
Dave
IIRC the build date would be on the placard on the driver's door jamb.

Fuelly
Old 07-03-2012, 09:40 PM

Listerone,

Per your reply, I found the build date to be 7/11.

Thanks
Old 07-04-2012, 02:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to meeksdigital
Mein Auto: 2011 335d
You cannot scroll or view the music library on your phone via bluetooth. You can only play and skip tracks. Full music library selection is available via USB only.

Last edited by meeksdigital; 07-04-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:59 AM

meeksdigital,

Thanks. My son must have been incorrect. Maybe he was thinking of the phone address book. I'll pass this along to my son.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:56 AM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeksdigital View Post
You cannot scroll or view the music library on your phone via bluetooth. You can only play and skip tracks. Full music library selection is available via USB only.
I'm pretty sure you can if you have BMW Apps. I'll double check but I'm pretty sure I can do this.

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video:
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878