Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 07-10-2012, 06:58 AM

Mein Auto: '12 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by vern View Post
Vehicle was released from customs yesterday and is in the VDC inspection area. If you need information regarding the where abouts of your vehicle call European Delivery Department 1-800-932-0831. Good luck
cheers
vern
oh...so the tracking site was wrong then...we didnt clear customs last Friday... here i was getting hopeful of picking up my car this weekend...=(
Old 07-11-2012, 06:41 AM
bucket list man

Mein Auto: 335I
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boi222 View Post
oh...so the tracking site was wrong then...we didnt clear customs last Friday... here i was getting hopeful of picking up my car this weekend...=(
My dealer told me yesterday to expect delivery this Saturday and ED told me that my car has been load on the truck. So, some of you might be lucky for the weekend !
Old 07-11-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchast View Post
My dealer told me yesterday to expect delivery this Saturday and ED told me that my car has been load on the truck. So, some of you might be lucky for the weekend !
Ahh...lucky you...=) .... i just called ED and they said its still at the warehouse awaiting customs to clear... i guess the ship tracking site info about it clearing customs is wrong ...
Old 07-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Thumbs up

My F30 was released to the trucking company this morning and should be at the dealers in a few days. I know cross posting is frowned upon but I can't get anybody to answer my post on the 3 series forum so just maybe one of you guys will have the answer.Is there any programs that the dealer can do that we can't do in the I drive?TIA
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 07-11-2012, 05:14 PM

Thumbs up

OK guys as the subject says"GOOD NEWS" I just got a call from JMK BMW that my car is there and they are going to do the prep and a few other things and I could have the car by the week end.
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 07-11-2012, 06:59 PM

Mein Auto: Acura TL 3G
Quote:
OK guys as the subject says"GOOD NEWS" I just got a call from JMK BMW that my car is there and they are going to do the prep and a few other things and I could have the car by the week end.
cheers
vern
Envious.

I don't know where mine is yet. I just emailed BMW NA. I hope they will reply by tomorrow. My CA told me 2 days ago (Monday) that car was still in customs and he couldn't give me a ETA.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstopdoc1 View Post
Envious.

I don't know where mine is yet. I just emailed BMW NA. I hope they will reply by tomorrow. My CA told me 2 days ago (Monday) that car was still in customs and he couldn't give me a ETA.
I know how you feel...i still dont have an eta on my car either
Old 07-12-2012, 04:17 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Envious.

Call the European Delivery Department # 1-800 932-0831 they will tell you exactly where your car is.Good luck
cheers
vern
Old 07-12-2012, 04:24 AM
bucket list man

Thumbs up

Quote:
cheers
vern
Congrats and enjoy !
Old 07-12-2012, 07:18 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchast View Post
Congrats and enjoy !
You too. Good luck
cheers
vern
Old 07-12-2012, 08:04 AM

damn..im jealous of you two...mine is still at the VPC with no eta for release ... do they do the 1200 miles service here, could that be why its taking longer?
Old 07-12-2012, 10:18 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 528
Good news

Hi all,

My ED was also on the Don Juan and I found out today that my car is on the transport truck and will arrive in Pittsburgh on Monday via the 800 number...

Hope everyone gets their car shortly thereafter...
Old 07-12-2012, 10:53 AM
bucket list man

Quote:
damn..im jealous of you two...mine is still at the VPC with no eta for release ... do they do the 1200 miles service here, could that be why its taking longer?
I don't think they perform maintenance service intervals at the VDC. Sadly, the reason your car is delayed could be for body work being performed as a result of transit damage. It does happen; none of us want to hear that, but that's not unusual. I would give the people at European Delivery a call ( 800-932-0831) for a confirmation of status update. I did and immediately ask them if there was any transit damage reported . They have to give you that information regardless of the amount of damage.
Good luck and I hope there was no damage for your peace of mind.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:05 AM

Mein Auto: 128i
The people at the 800 number tell me my car has been released for shipping and I should see it in Minnesota sometime between Friday and Tuesday. I wish they could have been more specific, but that was the best she could tell me.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:30 PM

Mein Auto: Acura TL 3G
Received email from BMW NA this am and my car is still in customs clearance. :-(

Any idea on how much time to expect at VPC? My car will need at least a map update.

Sent from my HTC One X using Bimmer App

Old 07-12-2012, 07:21 PM

Mein Auto: 128i
Mine seemed to get through in a day or so. I had a small scratch on each of my front rims, but probably not significant enough for them to fix. I also needed the map upgrades.
I hope you get through quick. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Saturday delivery. Good luck.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 Z4 35i DSB 6MT
Good news I got my PCD re-delivery day email today for 7/31. Bad news I have to go to Taipei for a couple of weeks as of today too. I won't be back until 8/4. I knew this would happen.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:12 AM
bucket list man

Quote:
Received email from BMW NA this am and my car is still in customs clearance. :-(

Any idea on how much time to expect at VPC? My car will need at least a map update.

Sent from my HTC One X using Bimmer App
Wow ! Sounds like you are one of the minority numbers that Customs has selected for closer scrutiny . They really take their time when your car is subject to a close review. It's a " wild card " in terms when they release it now. Just depends how much they disassemble during their review. That just sucks !
Old 07-13-2012, 04:13 AM

Did any of you guys receive your BMW Assist card with your welcome package? They said mine would be here early July. Still no card.
cheers
vern
Old 07-13-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Did any of you guys receive your BMW Assist card with your welcome package? They said mine would be here early July. Still no card.
cheers
vern
Welcome package? Was that supposed to arrive in the mail?
Old 07-13-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Welcome package? Was that supposed to arrive in the mail?
Thats what I was told when I called about the BMW Assist Card. There are a few important phone numbers on the card at least to me.Roadside Assistance,Stolen Vehicle Recovery and Door Locks,Customers Relations,Dealer.
cheers
vern
Old 07-13-2012, 07:20 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Thats what I was told when I called about the BMW Assist Card. There are a few important phone numbers on the card at least to me.Roadside Assistance,Stolen Vehicle Recovery and Door Locks,Customers Relations,Dealer.
cheers
vern
I just called to find out about the card and I was given false information. They don't send out cards any more. Oh well.
cheers
vern
Old 07-13-2012, 07:34 AM
bucket list man

Quote:
Originally Posted by StPaul135 View Post
The people at the 800 number tell me my car has been released for shipping and I should see it in Minnesota sometime between Friday and Tuesday. I wish they could have been more specific, but that was the best she could tell me.
No kidding ! I was told on Wednesday that my car will be at the dealership this Friday; now they are telling me next Tuesday. I can't take all of this foreplay at my old age.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:28 AM

my car finally got released from VPC and ready to be loaded on to the truck... =) ..but it doesnt look like it will make it for this weekend, i was so hoping to get it this weekend...=(
Old 07-14-2012, 08:19 PM

Looks like I got lucky, I was able to pickup today..:-) but since I rushed them, my car didn't get washed or really checked by the dealer.. just basically handed to me as is off the truck