Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 07-22-2014, 10:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 750LXi Individual
What to do after Wheel and Tire Insurance expires!?

This fall Iíll have one year left on my wheel and tire insurance plan.

At the rate I use the policy, I have no clue what Iím going to do when it expires!?

I have the 20Ē BMW Individual wheels with Goodyear Excellence tires.

Already getting nervous; policy paid $1100 for a rim and tire today; happens often!

Thoughts!?
Ads by Google
Old 07-22-2014, 11:29 PM

Mein Auto: 750i 740i 330ci
Get another one? My policy paid out 2500 in the first year for me. (2 rims, 1 tire).

F01 750i Dark Graphite Metallic
M-Sport | Driver Assistance | Luxury Seating | Camera | Convenience | Premium Sound | 20" 303M Wheels | Ceramic Controls
MODS: BMS Stage 1 Tune | PedalBox | M-Sport Paddle Shift Steering Wheel | 5000k HID | Tint | Coded.
E38 740i Jet Black
Sport | PDC | Convenience | Sunshade | Navigation
MODS: Paddle Shift Retrofit | Brushed Aluminum Gauge Rings | Tint | MKIV NAV | 4500K HID | 3M DiNOC Carbon Fiber Trim | Heated Seats | Coded
Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM

Mein Auto: 750Li
Wow, you guys road must be bad. Maybe some 3 piece forged wheels might be stronger than the OEM. Just a thought.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old Yesterday, 10:15 AM

Mein Auto: '14 750i
I agree with Ram. Except for when I got crunched by a Suburban, I've never needed another wheel. Tires, that's another story. I declined the wheel/tire policy when I bought the 7 in '14 since I didn't think I got my moneys worth when I got it for the '09. I've been lucky since mid-October (knocking on wood) that I haven't had a flat. When I need to, I'll get my tires at Discount tire. I pay about $70/tire insurance and they're replaced at no charge if you get a non-repairable flat as long as a certain amount of tread is left. You will need to buy another $70 policy on the new tire, however.

I still go with the runflats, I'm not as brave as some of you. I've never had a runflat repaired even though the puncture looked to be a simple one. The warranty guys always tell the dealer/repair shop to replace them.
Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM

In CA at least, most of the roads are actually pretty good... BUT what tends to happen is after it rains, pot holes come up like weeds and places that you remember as being perfectly fine, all of a sudden have a 6 inch deep pot hole (that's what got me). I've had 2 cracked rims and one puncture and all 3 times, it was the runflats that allowed me to keep going... for the cracked rims, no amount of Slime would have filled that in. The convenience was priceless.

I now have a plugin w/o a spare tire (just a repair kit), and I'm thinking of putting run flats on those. Don't get me wrong, I prefer non-RFT, but the idea of having no spare and being out in the boondocks at 2am (it's happened) scares me too much, plus being able to just keep driving... too cool.

M-Sport | Driver Assistance | Luxury Seating | Camera | Convenience | Premium Sound | 20" 303M Wheels | Ceramic Controls
MODS: BMS Stage 1 Tune | PedalBox | M-Sport Paddle Shift Steering Wheel | 5000k HID | Tint | Coded.
E38 740i Jet Black
MODS: Paddle Shift Retrofit | Brushed Aluminum Gauge Rings | Tint | MKIV NAV | 4500K HID | 3M DiNOC Carbon Fiber Trim | Heated Seats | Coded
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by aom View Post
In CA at least, most of the roads are actually pretty good... BUT what tends to happen is after it rains, pot holes come up like weeds and places that you remember as being perfectly fine, all of a sudden have a 6 inch deep pot hole (that's what got me). I've had 2 cracked rims and one puncture and all 3 times, it was the runflats that allowed me to keep going... for the cracked rims, no amount of Slime would have filled that in. The convenience was priceless.

I now have a plugin w/o a spare tire (just a repair kit), and I'm thinking of putting run flats on those. Don't get me wrong, I prefer non-RFT, but the idea of having no spare and being out in the boondocks at 2am (it's happened) scares me too much, plus being able to just keep driving... too cool.
So whatcha got going on in the boondocks at 2am?
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.
Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABimmerNation View Post
So whatcha got going on in the boondocks at 2am?
Ask Raj

E38 740i Jet Black