Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 528 i
Configuarator is up

2013 BMW X1 configurator live

X1 in up on BMW NA..just built a nicely loaded S drive for around $39800.00

Last edited by tim330i; 06-22-2012 at 08:02 AM.
More about Configuarator is up

2013-BMW-X1-E84 12013-BMW-X1-E84 22013-BMW-X1-E84 32013-BMW-X1-E84 42013-BMW-X1-E84 52013-BMW-X1-E84 62013-BMW-X1-E84 72013-BMW-X1-E84 82013-BMW-X1-E84 92013-BMW-X1-E84 10

Ads by Google
Old 06-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandNs new 528 View Post
X1 in up on BMW NA..just built a nicely loaded S drive for around $39800.00
Yeah, sadly you can't get xenons without adding the premium package. Almost no options are available on this car ala carte. Bummer. If they sold this with M sport, xenons, seat heaters, leather I'd be all over it. But 3900 for just CA, leather and moonroof so you can get xenons?! Damn at that point the 328i with a manual, M, leather, xenons and supported leases looks more attractive.

Plus you gotta figure $500 over for the 3 but is there a chance of $500 over invoice for the X1?

What about the X1 and BMWCCA rebate?
USAA credit on the X1?
Team USA Voucher is good for it for sure.

When I do up a 46k 3 series, I'm ending up at about 41k after discounts.

Assuming $1000 over invoice, BMWCCA $500 and $1000 Team USA Voucher a 41k X1 sDrive with M Sport, Premium, Xenons is coming out to about 37k.

Last edited by brkf; 06-20-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:03 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW X3 3.0i (manual)
Love it!

BMW is going to sell a ton of these. You can option it very well in the range of $40-$45K. My 2006 BMW X3 3.0i was $46K new (not adjusting for inflation), and the X1 is definitely more-refined car. I've seen them on the road in Berlin and London over the last two years, and I really like the package. It's just a few inches shorter than the old X3 and significantly lighter.

If it came with a manual transmission, I'd be talking with my dealer about European Delivery right now. If it's only an automatic, then I'm not interested.

-James
San Francisco, CA
Old 06-21-2012, 10:15 AM

Mein Auto: 97 E36M/4
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguydotcom View Post
Plus you gotta figure $500 over for the 3 but is there a chance of $500 over invoice for the X1?

What about the X1 and BMWCCA rebate?
USAA credit on the X1?
Team USA Voucher is good for it for sure.
How sure are you that the Team USA voucher is valid? I was told by a regional representative during the event that the X1 the only vehicle that is NOT included. Also my CA confirmed that. I haven't received my voucher yet, so can someone read theirs for the fine print which exclude the X1?

Regarding the CCA rebate, I called CCA and they told me that the X1 has not been added and that typically new models are not added for the first year, but I can call back when I take delivery to check to see whether it's been added. So I took that as a NO, not applicable for the X1. That's BS since the advertisement says that it's applicable to all passenger vehicles, except Mini.

I'm pretty sure $1000 over invoice would be acceptable to many dealers, lower than that will be difficult but can be had if you are willing travel outside your local area. This is based on the research I've done for a metropolitan area.

What is the USAA credit?
Old 06-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerized View Post
How sure are you that the Team USA voucher is valid? I was told by a regional representative during the event that the X1 the only vehicle that is NOT included. Also my CA confirmed that. I haven't received my voucher yet, so can someone read theirs for the fine print which exclude the X1?

Regarding the CCA rebate, I called CCA and they told me that the X1 has not been added and that typically new models are not added for the first year, but I can call back when I take delivery to check to see whether it's been added. So I took that as a NO, not applicable for the X1. That's BS since the advertisement says that it's applicable to all passenger vehicles, except Mini.

I'm pretty sure $1000 over invoice would be acceptable to many dealers, lower than that will be difficult but can be had if you are willing travel outside your local area. This is based on the research I've done for a metropolitan area.

What is the USAA credit?
I have a voucher, it says any BMW. No mention of the X1.

BMWCCA - that's a major bummer. I got it on my 2006 330i and it had just come out.

Talking to Jon and he felt he couldn't close on an X1 even with a "skinny profit margin". I would assume that's less than 1000.

USAA has a deal that if you're a member they get you a credit on a bunch of vehicles. On the X5 it's $2500. 3 series it's $1000. Strangely, people in the 3 forum think it can't be combined with Team USA yet people in the X5 forum seem to be doing it.

I am fascinated by the car but I fear the residual will be more X3 than 3 series. If it were 3 series-like residuals, it'd be a helluva a deal.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguydotcom View Post
I have a voucher, it says any BMW. No mention of the X1.

BMWCCA - that's a major bummer. I got it on my 2006 330i and it had just come out.

Talking to Jon and he felt he couldn't close on an X1 even with a "skinny profit margin". I would assume that's less than 1000.

USAA has a deal that if you're a member they get you a credit on a bunch of vehicles. On the X5 it's $2500. 3 series it's $1000. Strangely, people in the 3 forum think it can't be combined with Team USA yet people in the X5 forum seem to be doing it.

I am fascinated by the car but I fear the residual will be more X3 than 3 series. If it were 3 series-like residuals, it'd be a helluva a deal.
The Team USA voucher doesn't specifically exclude the X1, but it does leave an "out" by indicating "some restrictions apply" in the fine print. I'll have to call BMWNA to confirm.

Yes, Jon quoted me a lower price less than 1K over... but he's not near me unfortunately.

Regarding the CCA rebate, I guess they don't consider new models of an existing series a new model since its been out since the E21.

Clearly I'm not a USAA member, but what does it stand for?
Old 06-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerized View Post
The Team USA voucher doesn't specifically exclude the X1, but it does leave an "out" by indicating "some restrictions apply" in the fine print. I'll have to call BMWNA to confirm.

Yes, Jon quoted me a lower price less than 1K over... but he's not near me unfortunately.

Regarding the CCA rebate, I guess they don't consider new models of an existing series a new model since its been out since the E21.

Clearly I'm not a USAA member, but what does it stand for?
USAA is a credit union/insurance company for military and their families (like NFCU and PenFed). Super cheap insurance.

I would not think the USA Voucher would be excluded on the X1.

Interesting and sad about CCA. Without that or USAA that's adjusting cap reduction by $1500. On 45-40k cars $1500 free money cuts the lease cost by ~$60 a month.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Enthusiast

Mein Auto: E92 335i Coupe
I am excited that this is finally online! I think the new X1 will sell very well in the US. A base model (no options) xDrive28i specs out at $33,245 which with discounts will be a very good value for someone who doesn't need anything. I can't wait till they start hitting show rooms so people can start see them in person. I think it is a good looking car in person for sure.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:39 PM

Mein Auto: 323ic
No manuel.

It would seem to me an X1 manuel would be a good fit.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:01 PM

Is anyone else confused by the lines? For example, the "sport line" does NOT come with the sport suspension. That's only in the M-sport line. Really? How is that logical? What is "sport" about the sport line, if it comes with the standard suspension and the standard automatic transmission?
Old 06-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Estorilblau ///Member

Mein Auto: F30 328i M Sport EBII
The lines are a bit goofy. I'm not sure I get where they were going with that. I wish that the sport line had all of the sport suspension and options that the M Sport did, minus the styling and LM Blue color. I want the seats and the suspension, but I want the wheels from the X Line. It bugs me that I can't mix and match with BMW, because I also want Xenons and Nav, but I don't need other tech crap. Sort of annoying sometimes.
Still, I'm excited about this. I was about to go somewhere else, but BMW has redeemed themselves with this vehicle. Now I just want to see what the mileage looks like.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:54 PM

Agreed 100%. Like the wheels from the X-line, the sport suspension and seats, and the non-M bumpers. That's going to be tough
Old 06-27-2012, 06:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 x5
Do they need to disconnect the fog lights to change AC fan??
Old 06-27-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
The lines are a bit goofy. I'm not sure I get where they were going with that. I wish that the sport line had all of the sport suspension and options that the M Sport did, minus the styling and LM Blue color. I want the seats and the suspension, but I want the wheels from the X Line. It bugs me that I can't mix and match with BMW, because I also want Xenons and Nav, but I don't need other tech crap. Sort of annoying sometimes.
Still, I'm excited about this. I was about to go somewhere else, but BMW has redeemed themselves with this vehicle. Now I just want to see what the mileage looks like.
+1. BMW is doing this to encourage you to buy into the entire package to which options are bundled. This is a way of driving up their profit margin. Note that the lines are mostly cosmetic and don't cost them much in materials or labor. They are making a large profit in colors and choices to make up for the skinny profit in their base cars priced at "competitive" MSRP. It's a marketing strategy to make it seem like cars are being tailored to people's cosmetic choice and driving behavior. What most don't realize is that most these differences are only cosmetic. In fact the largest benefit is not for the consumer, but for BMWs bottom line. I believe Audi is doing the same with their S-Line. I drove one during the Team Event and it didn't seem to have a Sport suspension either. It was softer than the Modern Line which I compared against.

USA gets the crappiest option choices because we pay the least for the same cars compared to the rest of the world, so they have to be creative to make up the difference. In the end, we are still getting more for our money that the ROW.

I too wish that they at least offer the sport seats in all models, even at a cost premium. Also stupid that you have to get the Prem Pkg to get power seats. If it weren't for the choice in leather color, I would have gone with the base instead of the xLine, so they got me.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:51 PM

Mein Auto: 08'E92 335xi
Not be able to order park sensors with out a navigation is a deal breaker for me.
X Lines, sport lines, M-sport line idea is awful because it limits the selections of options and color combos. ( no heated wheel on msport, no sport suspension on sport line, only sport seats and not a lot of color combos for sport)
Sadly, the Configuarator reminded me of lexus idea of options/ordering/forcing the customer to order what they don't really need/want just for one feature.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:52 AM
Not Wearing Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERSTD View Post
Not be able to order park sensors with out a navigation is a deal breaker for me.
X Lines, sport lines, M-sport line idea is awful because it limits the selections of options and color combos. ( no heated wheel on msport, no sport suspension on sport line, only sport seats and not a lot of color combos for sport)
Sadly, the Configuarator reminded me of lexus idea of options/ordering/forcing the customer to order what they don't really need/want just for one feature.
Yep, BMW's done this with the 3 series too. Very lame. Best option - send an email to BMW and complain.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:41 PM

Mein Auto: Registration : E756622 Y
Everyone has an opinion, but I'm thinking that I wish I had a latest model car?
Old 07-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Cruising 280 Top Down

Send a message via Skype™ to petriej
Mein Auto: '99 M3 Cab & '05 X5 4.8is
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERSTD View Post
It has pros and cons. Check out the Porsche configurator. You can get a Cayman for like 25k! But you start adding options that really make a Porsche a luxury race car and you start topping out over 100k.

Do you really think BMW should be the same way? It's probably insanely expensive, manufacturing-wise, to do EVERYTHING a la carte.

My big grief with the X1 right now (and may convince me to stay with the X5) is the leather. Not sure Nevada leather is going to be good enough for me.

Not to mention no diesels, and no xDrive 6MT. I'm going to have to test drive one to be sure.

GGC BMW CCA #443004
Join the BMW CCA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornhospital View Post
Jared, why don't you just put "It's Giubo" in your sig? Save a lot of typing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36 miguel View Post
this jared guy sounds intimidating lol.
2005 X5 4.8is Le Mans/Black/6spd Steptragic
1999 M3 Cabrio TiAg Metallic/Dove Grey/Black 5 Speed Manual
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1997 328iC Schwarz II/K/K 5MT SOLD 5/2012
2004 645Ci Mineral Silver Metallic/Black 6MT RIP 04/2011
Old 07-05-2012, 07:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
Is anyone else confused by the lines? For example, the "sport line" does NOT come with the sport suspension. That's only in the M-sport line. Really? How is that logical? What is "sport" about the sport line, if it comes with the standard suspension and the standard automatic transmission?
Agree- x and sport "lines" more ornamental, aside from x's underwear and sport's steering wheel. A $1900 tarrif on more and likely preferred exterior and interior options.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335xi
$1900 tarrif

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
Agree- x and sport "lines" more ornamental, aside from x's underwear and sport's steering wheel. A $1900 tarrif on more and likely preferred exterior and interior options.