Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings added style and new features to the BMW's mid-sized SUV. Talk about the BMW F25 X3 with other X3 owners now!

Old 02-07-2015, 03:13 PM

Mein Auto: X3 2015 LCI
Last Production Week for 2015 X3

Which week in March is the last week for a 2015 X3 to be built? Or when is the latest a custom order can be put in for it to be on the 2015 line?
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 09 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dross View Post
Which week in March is the last week for a 2015 X3 to be built? Or when is the latest a custom order can be put in for it to be on the 2015 line?
You'd have find a dealer with an open production slot in March to get a 2015 at this point. Your best bet is calling around to see what's available.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:50 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
I placed some information about this in another thread:

As of yesterday, my dealer can't order 2015 M Sports models, but can order X Line or No Line vehicles.

I put together a 2016 M Sport that was almost completely loaded, and the MSRP priced out $1750 LESS than the same 2015 vehicle. Yes I know it doesn't make sense, but for 2016 some packages went down in price, and some options I wanted were moved into packages, or moved from one package to another. As of yesterday, the base price for the XDrive X3 28i only went up $100 for 2016.
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:54 AM

Mein Auto: E90
I'm getting conflicting information on when one will be able to place an order for a 2016 X3. Based on what I'm reading online, it sounds like one may be able to place an order for a 2016 xLine within the next 6-8 weeks, then add build time (up to 8 weeks?) before you actually get your hands on the vehicle. If the above assumptions are correct, this would result in a final purchase around mid-July.

However, when I checked with a dealer, I was told that if I wanted to wait for a 2016 model, I'm looking at least 6 month wait plus an additional 6 weeks of build time, resulting in a final purchase happening no earlier than November.

Which time frame do you think is more accurate? I need to purchase a new vehicle this year, but can wait a few months before having to pull the trigger.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenT View Post
I'm getting conflicting information on when one will be able to place an order for a 2016 X3. Based on what I'm reading online, it sounds like one may be able to place an order for a 2016 xLine within the next 6-8 weeks, then add build time (up to 8 weeks?) before you actually get your hands on the vehicle. If the above assumptions are correct, this would result in a final purchase around mid-July.

However, when I checked with a dealer, I was told that if I wanted to wait for a 2016 model, I'm looking at least 6 month wait plus an additional 6 weeks of build time, resulting in a final purchase happening no earlier than November.

Which time frame do you think is more accurate? I need to purchase a new vehicle this year, but can wait a few months before having to pull the trigger.
My CA told me I can order now. Not sure when build will start thou. I'm planning on going in sometime within a week to find out more
Old 03-12-2015, 06:34 PM

Mein Auto: 09 135i
2016 order guides are out now and you should be able to order using them, actually went live the end of Feb. There's no major changes other then then 688 Harmon Kardon being included with the xDrive35i now.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:55 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Quote:

Steven:

Sounds like total BS about waiting until November for 2016 X3. Dealer must have quite a few 2015s on their lot and on order. Find yourself another dealer.

I can tell you that it took 19 days for me to get my custom ordered 2013 X3 delivered after the order date. Auto plant is Spartenburg, SC and I'm in NJ. I ordered mine in December, 2012 so the X3s were being produced already. There is a lag when they stop making one year's model and begin making the following year's model- BUT, not 6 months!
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.

Last edited by Bmwlvr60; 03-22-2015 at 05:45 AM.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:58 AM
CMSgtBillyD

Mein Auto: BMW 335is Convertible
Quote:

I placed my order for a 2016 X3 35i on 03/18. You should be able to place an order. The pricing and ordering guides are out, and the options went down in some cases, and the Harmon Kardon is standard in the X3 35i. Good luck!!!