Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 07-30-2012, 02:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
Question Process of setting up the Performance Center delivery?

Hi Guys,

Could anyone who has done the Performance Center delivery let me know about the process of getting everything set up. I have been after my CA to get me set up with a reservation for the Performance Center delivery. It's been a few days and I haven't heard anything from her, I'm kind of thinking that she may have dropped the ball. I spoke with BMW and they said that they only do about 5 Performance Ctr. deliveries a day. Should I be worried at this point? My build allocation is 8/33 which means my x3 35i should begin production somewhere in the week of August 13-19. I have requested that my CA try to schedule me to take delivery in Spartanburg on August 22 or 23rd. Any device would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 35i
If your build week is August 13-19 you should have a PCD date by now. But If your X3 gets on the 19th you probably won't get PCD on the 23. My PCD was about 3 weeks after my X3 was completed but it was worth the wait to me.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:56 AM

i had teh same issue as you, it took a few weeks before my CA even contacted BMW about the PCD. as per my CA, BMW PCD requires a 45 day notice. considering that i waited 3+ weeks already (half of the 45 days) and at the time my production date was 3 weeks away already. i pretty much went to his manager who must have pulled a couple of strings because now i have the PCD on august 14th, my production completion date is today. so you need to get on you'r CA's ass to schedule it. also don't make travel arrangements until 3 weeks prior to your PCD date.

i know that's a bit messy but i hope it helps
Old 07-31-2012, 09:14 AM

Thanks guys for your help so far. I decided to email the performance delivery center to see whether or not my CA has started the process of registering me. Below is the email I received from them. I hope to get some good news by the end of the week.

Hi Mr. Hof,

Your reservation form was received over the weekend and we are processing your request. We are currently experiencing an high demand for Performance Center Delivery and it is taking us approx 3-5 business days to process the reservation request. We hope to have a tentative delivery date out to your Client Advisor around the middle of the week. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks,
BMW Performance Center
Kelli C. Cardoso
Delivery Scheduling and Logistics Coordinator
1155 Highway 101 South
Greer, SC 29651
Old 07-31-2012, 09:23 AM

that was a smart idea that i hadn't thought about it, good luck and gawd bless, what car did you order? specs?
Old 07-31-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainomite View Post
that was a smart idea that i hadn't thought about it, good luck and gawd bless, what car did you order? specs?
My X3 xDrive35i
3.0 liter 6-cylinder with TwinPower Turbo technology xDrive, intelligent all-wheel drive
Carbon Black Metallic
Sand Beige 'Nevada' Leather
Fineline Sienna wood trim
Driver Assistance Package
Dynamic Handling Package
M Sport Package
Premium Package
Premium Sound Package
Technology Package
Cargo net
Heated front seats
BMW Apps
BMW Apple iPhone Media / BMW APPS Version Snap In Adapters
Old 07-31-2012, 09:45 AM

very nice my friend. i opted to get the sport package vs the m sport cause i wanted the chrome but for the most part we both have the same option minus the net and iphone and colors. i hope u enjoy it as much as i will
Old 07-31-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainomite View Post
very nice my friend. i opted to get the sport package vs the m sport cause i wanted the chrome but for the most part we both have the same option minus the net and iphone and colors. i hope u enjoy it as much as i will
That's awesome I know you're going let your car. Have a blast picking up your car. Did your CA book your flight to Spartanburg or is that something your CA sets up for you. Only reason I ask is that my CA asked me for my travel companions information.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:13 PM

Update... I got a call from my CA and I am Scheduled for the Performance Center delivery on 8/30. I am so happy and excited. I still dont know who books the airfare. I should find that out on Thursday since my CA has Wednesday off. Does anyone know who handles the travel arrangements for the Performance Center deliveries?
Old 07-31-2012, 08:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
I couldn't make the timing of a PCD work for me, but I do know that you are responsible for your own air travel arrangements and airfare.

Check out the PCD FAQS at http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...CenterFAQ.aspx

You might find information of interest to you in the PCD Forum at http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136
Old 07-31-2012, 08:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3
You book your own airfare at your cost. BMW books the hotel, pays for it, and pays for dinner and breakfast at the hotel. They pick you up at the hotel in the morning, you spend the day at the PCD and at the end of the day you drive away. Everything before and after the part BMW covers is on your own. I'm only speaking from what I have read since we are going to PCD in 2 weeks. I just got an email from PCD giving instructions on what to do and asking for our arrival information. They sent it 2 weeks ago but apparently the email was lost in our spam filter or something. I paid for the car today and got the temporary tag to take to the PCD for the car.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:38 AM

i agree with everyone else, you will get instructions on what to do, the travel arrangement is your own. they recommend you wait until 3 weeks prior or later before making arrangements because there are always chances for delays & factory stoppages. in fact i wasfactory-wide work halt because of some gear in the steering column a couple of weeks ago. i do have one pro tip. i'm scheduled to do the PCD on 8/14 and when i was looking at air-fair, at least from here in NYC it was cheaper to fly from NYC to Charlotte, North Carolina than to the correct airport. the airport there is a mere 1.5 - 2 hours away (varies with traffic). Even with a car rental, between 2 tickets, I saved over $350 (minus gas & tolls) by flying to Charlotte and then renting a cheap car for the short drive to the correct airport. this is ok because BMW's PCD allows for arrival by either Public plane, Private plane, rental Car, private car & Train.