Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:48 PM

Mein Auto: Audi S5
Any code to recall or set M-Sport Mode at startup?

I searched, but I haven't seen anything on this - did I miss it? I'm looking to either have it remember last setting, or set it in a specific mode (eg Sport - something other than Comfort). Thanks.

Dinan stage 2, springs, M5 mufflers, and 303M/Michelin PSS.
Ads by Google
Old 07-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airjoe View Post
I searched, but I haven't seen anything on this - did I miss it? I'm looking to either have it remember last setting, or set it in a specific mode (eg Sport - something other than Comfort). Thanks.
Unfortunately, if it exists, it hasn't been found yet.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Old 07-08-2012, 04:48 AM

Mein Auto: Audi S5
Thanks, just making sure I didn't overlook a major one. I would have to think it exists... They may have buried that one pretty deep since the shifting that comes w Sport mode probably impacts fuel economy... Speculating.

Dinan stage 2, springs, M5 mufflers, and 303M/Michelin PSS.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 M5
Wondering whether anyone has made progress with this . . . would be great not to default to "comfort" on startup.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:34 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 118i F20
Up to now, only default eco pro or default comfort available, but not default sport. I wish there're default sport coding too.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:41 PM

Mein Auto: 116i
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonchs View Post
Up to now, only default eco pro or default comfort available, but not default sport. I wish there're default sport coding too.
how to make ecopro default
Old 01-16-2013, 03:47 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 118i F20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankren View Post
how to make ecopro default
ICM / 3000 / IcmKod_B_InitEco

verbaut = default eco pro
Old 06-20-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonchs View Post
ICM / 3000 / IcmKod_B_InitEco

verbaut = default eco pro
Does anyone with an F10 have IcmKod_B_InitEco in their ICM CAFD?

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Old 06-20-2013, 02:47 PM

Mein Auto: F10 520d
Yes I have.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzinic View Post
Yes I have.
CAFD File Name?

Old 06-20-2013, 06:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F30 Sportline
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Does anyone with an F10 have IcmKod_B_InitEco in their ICM CAFD?
Hi Shawnsheridan,

I took a look at my wifes car, which is the F10 we have and we do have IcmKod_B_InitEco in the ICM CAFD. Here are the particulars, which may or may not help..

Car : 2013 F10 Active Hybrid 5 (MFG Aug 2012)
E-sys version : 3.22 (can not remember exact version but sure its 3.22.5
PzData file version: 49.4
CAFD file: CAFD_0000067B_002_003_133.ncd
Module: ICM / 3000 / IcmKod_B_InitEco
change: verbaut

I tested this, and it worked. After coding this change to my wifes car, (and getting the stabilization error) and turning the car off, then back on, it defaulted to eco pro. I moved the switch to comfort, turned it off, and back on... back to eco pro. I tried it a few times and it defaulted to eco pro each time.

(I did not want this feature, so I coded it back afterwards but wanted to help out since you were asking)
Old 06-20-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
Hi Shawnsheridan,

I took a look at my wifes car, which is the F10 we have and we do have IcmKod_B_InitEco in the ICM CAFD. Here are the particulars, which may or may not help..

Car : 2013 F10 Active Hybrid 5 (MFG Aug 2012)
E-sys version : 3.22 (can not remember exact version but sure its 3.22.5
PzData file version: 49.4
CAFD file: CAFD_0000067B_002_003_133.ncd
Module: ICM / 3000 / IcmKod_B_InitEco
change: verbaut

I tested this, and it worked. After coding this change to my wifes car, (and getting the stabilization error) and turning the car off, then back on, it defaulted to eco pro. I moved the switch to comfort, turned it off, and back on... back to eco pro. I tried it a few times and it defaulted to eco pro each time.

(I did not want this feature, so I coded it back afterwards but wanted to help out since you were asking)
Thanks. I do not have ECO Pro, and my ICMQL CAFD does not even contain the FDL Code in it. I was updating the cheat sheet, so I just wanted to verify it was good for F10's too, and not just F30's where I have seen it.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:26 PM

No problem! If you are ever looking to compare something between F30s and F10s I am willing to check. I have a 2013 F30 and my wife has the 2013 F10. Just let me know and I will compare something if you need it.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
No problem! If you are ever looking to compare something between F30s and F10s I am willing to check. I have a 2013 F30 and my wife has the 2013 F10. Just let me know and I will compare something if you need it.
Good to know. Thanks.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:31 AM

Hi Shawnsheridan,

After performing this test on ICM yesterday, my wife noticed this morning that her check engine light is on. I do not know if it was on yesterday after I tested " default to eco pro", but I am positive it was not on before I tested. When I switched " default to eco pro" I got an error message on the idrive screen about driving moderately but the message went away after restarting her car.

Is there something I needed to do to make this go away?

EDIT:

Just wanted to update this. I found instructions on the board to clear "check engine (cel)" lights, and was going to clear it and see if it came back. I asked my wife to drive it to work first, which was 3 miles, and check it when she got there. Once she drove the car to work, turned it off, and then turned it back on, the CEL was gone. I had not cleared it. So, I guess it needed to be driven to clear the CEL light that appeared when I performed the test above. (posting this because It might help someone else)

Last edited by jjrandorin; 06-21-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Hi Shawnsheridan,

After performing this test on ICM yesterday, my wife noticed this morning that her check engine light is on. I do not know if it was on yesterday after I tested " default to eco pro", but I am positive it was not on before I tested. When I switched " default to eco pro" I got an error message on the idrive screen about driving moderately but the message went away after restarting her car.

Is there something I needed to do to make this go away?

EDIT:

Just wanted to update this. I found instructions on the board to clear "check engine (cel)" lights, and was going to clear it and see if it came back. I asked my wife to drive it to work first, which was 3 miles, and check it when she got there. Once she drove the car to work, turned it off, and then turned it back on, the CEL was gone. I had not cleared it. So, I guess it needed to be driven to clear the CEL light that appeared when I performed the test above. (posting this because It might help someone else)
Glad to hear it healed itself.