Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)

E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series E60 Sedan was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E61 wagon followed shortly there after. The E60/E61 5 series is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 08-10-2014, 09:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 525ix
Hey guys, So i got an E60...

Hey guys! I got a 2006 525xi about a month ago. It had 96-97k miles. Silver, black interior. Now i know this is long, but hang on haha

Before i start, when i got the car from a dealership, the car was sitting on basically brand new winter tires (probably used for one winter). Those tires wrapped around a one season (from what it looked like) Sparco Rally Wheels. Gunmetal grey, car already had tints (the back window was done crappy, since its all blurry when i try to look in my rear view mirror), but anyway there was some faults with it....

-Telescopic/Tilt steering wheel does not work
-the sensor in passenger seat seems to be f-ed up, every time someone sits the warning pops on the iDrive
-It was in an un-reported accident (was not on the car fax, nothing too bad)
-The little ash tray in the front, the lighter/socket does not pop up. Does not want to stay up (broken spring or something im guessing)

Now about the accident, my dad immediately noticed the painted bumper, how? well the guys who painted it over sprayed the lower bumper grilles and the fog lights a little bit. Later when i took out the headlights noticed that the passenger side bracket for the headlight was busted, as well some other signs of a small/ really low speed collision.

Now im not worried or anything about those things, since my dad works on cars in his free time. Plus i like to do so as well, helped my dad a lot.

Last edited by Kamiler; 03-01-2015 at 09:57 PM.
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2014, 09:17 PM

Mein Auto: 550i
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=401524
The first sticky on this forum. And congrats on your ride
Old 08-10-2014, 09:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 530i
Smile

Wow, this sounds scarily like the 98,000 mile 530i I bought back in December. I bought it on a cloudy day, and to my dismay as soon as I got home I noticed paint chipping under the front left headlight. A few days after buying the car, the left front corona ring went out, so I decided to replace them both with white ones. When I pulled out the headlight, I realized the underside of the left headlight was covered in overspray, and it was missing the bottom bracket to hold it in. Upon closer inspection, the entire front bumper was very poorly resprayed. About 4 months of having the car went by and HUGE rock chips (one was the size of a quarter) began to show up. Luckily, I ended up hitting a small animal at night, which did a number on the front of my car and I had to have the entire bumper cover replaced and painted, all covered by insurance. Now I am noticing rather large rock chips all over the front of my hood, and I'm beginning to question if that was resprayed as well. I also had the transmission fluid changed at 100,000 miles and from what the mechanic told me he could tell it had never been done before. I still love the car, and wouldn't trade it for anything else. Considering mine was a one owner vehicle, always serviced at a BMW dealership, I wasn't about to let a small fender bender scare me into immediately reselling the car.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:12 PM

Hey guys!

(I edited the original post, deleted a bunch of stuff) I also dont know which E60 forum is most active... I keep bouncing between bimmerfest and bimmerforum.

Ok so whats been going on....
-The trans went back to normal. It drives fine. I guess I was overreacting a bit. lol
-I installed white interior LEDs. Its nice and bright now.
-got new halo bulbs (6k or something like that, from umitiza, not sure if i spelled that correctly)
-decided to get a new battery from the dealership...bad idea... (300 bucks for the battery), no we didn't register it, car runs fine, still starts.

So what else is wrong... lol
-the tilt steering wheel motor is still not working (haven't gotten around to get that fixed)
-Passenger restraint error still continues... (not fixed)
-oil filter housing gasket went out. So im leaking oil.
-need new cabin filters
-There is something going on with my HVAC. Its been going on since I got the car. Plugged in a scanner and PC7B code popped up - Interior temperature sensor fan. I have no idea where that is located anyone know???

What I got planned...
-new wheels for the summer
-lowering springs
-get my OEM BMW E60 M5 bumper patched up and painted, and get my fogs retrofitted in there.
-matte black paint on the kidney grilles
-fix the tints on my car (someone before me did a poor job.)
-add more power...somehow...
-exhaust (Race Precision Exhaust)
-want to improve the throttle response
-some kind of a tune

What i think so far...
I really like the car a lot. Its been my dream BMW ever since i got my first car which was a E34. When i got my E39 I really wanted a E60 still. The car is super comfortable, it has the power, it bring a smile to my face. But it also annoys me. lol. Why? Because i feel like the car is still to new to do anything to it. There isnt much out there for the non ///M 5 series out there. But each time i sit in that drivers seat my mind changes. hahaha Im not annoyed anymore.
The car handles like a dream in the winter. So happy. Went out and had some fun. Once i found out how to completely turn off DSC.... that was even more fun.

Last edited by Kamiler; 03-01-2015 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:24 PM

Here are some pictures...

Old 03-02-2015, 08:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A car
those angel-eyes are whiter than OEM to my untrained eye - look nice though.. I just ordered replacement angel-eyes from Burger Tuning as one of mine went out... went with the Arc Angels which are much whiter than the yellow of the OEM H8 bulbs

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!
Old 03-02-2015, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyb View Post
those angel-eyes are whiter than OEM to my untrained eye - look nice though.. I just ordered replacement angel-eyes from Burger Tuning as one of mine went out... went with the Arc Angels which are much whiter than the yellow of the OEM H8 bulbs
I had OEM ones, they didnt look too bad, but i felt like brighter ones would flow nicely with the car. So decided to get 6k (brightness) ones.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:34 AM

Mein Auto: E60, E70, F30
Kamiler, where did you order your bulbs from?
Old 03-07-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM522J View Post
Kamiler, where did you order your bulbs from?
http://www.umnitza.com/ I got mine from these guys. I got them while they were on sale. Usually they are $150. I snagged them for $75 or so. They had them overstocked or something and they had a flash sale or something.