Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 520d
Guide: Selecting the correct .PRG file for Fxx Jobs in Tool32

I have drawn up this short guide of how & which .PRG file to load into Tool32 based on your current car.

You will need INPA & the EDIABAS package which includes Tool32. Please refer to Shawn for software download locations. Attached are some sample images of the process.

1. Start INPA by right-clicking INPALOAD.exe file and selecting 'Run as administrator'. INPA should load (Fig. 1).
2. Select your relevant Fxx car. In my example it is F10, so I press F3.
3. The Script selection window will appear. Select the 1st option on the right - FUNCTIONAL JOBS (Fig. 2).
4. The Select series (Baureihenauswahl) window will appear. Select F1 (Fig. 3).
5. The Job main menu will appear. Select F2 - Identifikation (Fig. 4).
6. Here you can see the result of my car (Fig. 5). Note I have highlighted in yellow the SGBD column. This is the SGBD name and the .PRG file name that you will need to open in Tool32 for working on your modules.
7. Start Tool32 by right-clicking tool32.exe file and selecting 'Run as administrator'. Tool32 should load.
8. Select File->Load SGBD, Group file.
9. Browse to the EDIABAS\ECU folder, and search for the file name based on the listed yellow column entry. In this example, I'm loading the AIRBAG module file, named ACSM3.PRG (Fig. 6).
10. Once loaded, You will see on the left a list of Jobs available for your module. I have launched the fs_lesen job which is to read the fault memory either double-clicking on it or by selecting it & pressing F5. The Job Results will appear in the window below (Fig. 7).

Please be careful with running Jobs in Tool32.

Some Jobs will literally wipe your ECU to a point that only the dealer or even worse - BMW Munich can recover, and to state that it wasn't your fault will be difficult..

Some wording might not have the context you would expect so research jobs with words like: Initialisierung, Reset, Sperren, Default or Loeschen before you launch them.

In the context of Fault Memory, the Job to clear it is 'fs_loeschen'.

Hope this helps. Would be great if someone can follow-up with similar instructions for Exx series.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1-INPA START.jpg
Views:	2239
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	382850   Click image for larger version

Name:	2-SCRIPT SELECT.PNG
Views:	1761
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	382851   Click image for larger version

Name:	3-FUNCTIONAL JOBS GENERAL.PNG
Views:	1583
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	382852   Click image for larger version

Name:	4-FUNCTIOANAL JOBS MAIN MENU.jpg
Views:	1775
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	382853   Click image for larger version

Name:	5-IDENTIFICATION RESULT.png
Views:	2634
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	382854  

Click image for larger version

Name:	6-TOOL32 LOAD RELEVANT PRG FILE.jpg
Views:	1966
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	382855   Click image for larger version

Name:	7-TOOL32 RUN JOB SAMPLE READ FAULT MEMORY ACSM3.jpg
Views:	2472
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	382856  

F10 520d Deep Sea Blue 11.04.2011/16:24

Retrofitted:
5DF Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go incl. Collision Warning with Brake Function /ver. 1
2TB DEC Switch for Normal / Sport / Sport+ Writeup: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=685869
8TH SLI Speed Limit Info / KAFAS 1
5AD LDW Lane Departure Warning / KAFAS 1
319 Universal Garage Door Opener

Last edited by miotoo; 06-20-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2013, 11:35 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Nice write up.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 06-20-2013, 12:00 PM

Mein Auto: 435 Grand Coupe MSport
Hi,

Is there an explanation for laymen on why someone would need to access the ECU's this way instead of e-sys? I can make a guess, but certainly would not want to guess with something like this. Thanks!
Old 06-20-2013, 12:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
Hi,

Is there an explanation for laymen on why someone would need to access the ECU's this way instead of e-sys? I can make a guess, but certainly would not want to guess with something like this. Thanks!
E-Sys is Coding and Programming only. INPA is diagnostic module reader.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 06-20-2013, 12:36 PM

Mein Auto: 550i
Miotoo,

Fantastic job, as usual.

I will be doing my promised reset this weekend.

JEG23
Old 07-09-2013, 09:21 AM

Mein Auto: 325CI
For E-series it is very simple, you can either determine group by INPA (very similar to F-series) or NCS.

With NCS, after VO is read from either CAS or FRM, change ECU to the respective module you need to work on, the grouping would show on the status section (Middle of the NCS window).

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miotoo View Post
I have drawn up this short guide of how & which .PRG file to load into Tool32 based on your current car.

You will need INPA & the EDIABAS package which includes Tool32. Please refer to Shawn for software download locations. Attached are some sample images of the process.

1. Start INPA by right-clicking INPALOAD.exe file and selecting 'Run as administrator'. INPA should load (Fig. 1).
2. Select your relevant Fxx car. In my example it is F10, so I press F3.
3. The Script selection window will appear. Select the 1st option on the right - FUNCTIONAL JOBS (Fig. 2).
4. The Select series (Baureihenauswahl) window will appear. Select F1 (Fig. 3).
5. The Job main menu will appear. Select F2 - Identifikation (Fig. 4).
6. Here you can see the result of my car (Fig. 5). Note I have highlighted in yellow the SGBD column. This is the SGBD name and the .PRG file name that you will need to open in Tool32 for working on your modules.
7. Start Tool32 by right-clicking tool32.exe file and selecting 'Run as administrator'. Tool32 should load.
8. Select File->Load SGBD, Group file.
9. Browse to the EDIABAS\ECU folder, and search for the file name based on the listed yellow column entry. In this example, I'm loading the AIRBAG module file, named ACSM3.PRG (Fig. 6).
10. Once loaded, You will see on the left a list of Jobs available for your module. I have launched the fs_lesen job which is to read the fault memory either double-clicking on it or by selecting it & pressing F5. The Job Results will appear in the window below (Fig. 7).

Please be careful with running Jobs in Tool32.

Some Jobs will literally wipe your ECU to a point that only the dealer or even worse - BMW Munich can recover, and to state that it wasn't your fault will be difficult..

Some wording might not have the context you would expect so research jobs with words like: Initialisierung, Reset, Sperren, Default or Loeschen before you launch them.

In the context of Fault Memory, the Job to clear it is 'fs_loeschen'.

Hope this helps. Would be great if someone can follow-up with similar instructions for Exx series.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:42 AM

Mein Auto: ducati
excellent
Old 03-20-2016, 01:25 AM

Mein Auto: S1000RR
Anyone knows which PRG file must use for S1000RR ECU and KOMBI ?
Old 05-04-2016, 02:12 PM

Mein Auto: E70
Thank you for this! I'll be resurrecting my dead LSCM this evening!
Old 07-26-2016, 04:23 PM

Mein Auto: 530xi wagon
I got everything working just don't know what to hit so I can erase the code
Old 07-26-2016, 05:03 PM

Mein Auto: Coded 2016 F10/ F15 Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatoloco74 View Post
I got everything working just don't know what to hit so I can erase the code
Erase which code?

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search