Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:17 AM

Mein Auto: 328i
Question Difference between e-sys and NCS-Expert? cable for 2014 328i? And other questions...

Just got a 2014 328i with premium and parking camera packages and I'm very interested in coding bluetooth music and iPhone usb support.

I've been reading for the past 24 hours and the learning curve is steep, with lots of jargon I need to get familiar with. I found some helpful guides, but all of them are from 2 or 3 years ago and who knows what still applies.

I'm wondering what the differences are between e-sys and NCS-Expert.

which chassis is my car? I'm guessing f32 or f33? is that the same as f30 for all intents and purposes?

Which cable do the 2014 cars support? are there any difference between them and the 2013 models?

how do I find out if my model is eligible for coding bluetooth music/iphone usb support without hardware mods?

Are there any other non-cosmetic codings I should be interested in, that unlock functionality without need of hardware?

I'm an IT guy and I'd like to learn how to do all this myself, rather than paying someone to do it for me

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance!
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2014, 07:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by gozulin View Post
Just got a 2014 328i with premium and parking camera packages and I'm very interested in coding bluetooth music and iPhone usb support.

which chassis is my car? I'm guessing f32 or f33? is that the same as f30 for all intents and purposes?
A 328i is an F30.

F32 is a 4-Series Coupe and F33 is a 4-Series Convertable.

Quote:
I'm wondering what the differences are between e-sys and NCS-Expert.
NCS Expert is for coding Exx chassis only. E-Sys is for coding Fxx chassis only. However, E-Sys can do much more than just code, such as flash program ECU's like WinKFP does for Exx chassis, Import and Activate FSC Codes like FSTool does for Exx chassis, and clear fault codes like iNPA does for both Exx and Fxx chassis.

Quote:
Which cable do the 2014 cars support? are there any difference between them and the 2013 models?
All Fxx chassis can be coded with the same ENET Cable:

http://enetcables.com/

Quote:
how do I find out if my model is eligible for coding bluetooth music/iphone usb support without hardware mods?
If you car has 609 Navigation Professional, it will have NBT Head Unit, which has an Integrated Combox, and you can code EBT. If you car does not have 609 Navigation Professional, you need to read car's SVT with E-Sys, and see if you have a stand alone Combox, CMB_MEDIA, in which case you can code EBT.

Quote:
Are there any other non-cosmetic codings I should be interested in, that unlock functionality without need of hardware?
All codings are functional and non-cosmetic, so I do not understand this question. In any event, you can look at the F30 Cheat Sheet or the BMW Coding Database, and see what may be possible for your F30:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Ia3ZmbUE#gid=0

http://www.bmwcodingdatabase.com/

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 08-01-2014, 07:04 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
A 328i is an F30.

F32 is a 4-Series Coupe and F33 is a 4-Series Convertable.

NCS Expert is for coding Exx chassis only. E-Sys is for coding Fxx chassis only. However, E-Sys can do much more than just code, such as flash program ECU's like WinKFP does for Exx chassis, Import and Activate FSC Codes like FSTool does for Exx chassis, and clear fault codes like iNPA does for both Exx and Fxx chassis.

All Fxx chassis can be coded with the same ENET Cable:

http://enetcables.com/

If you car has 609 Navigation Professional, it will have NBT Head Unit, which has an Integrated Combox, and you can code EBT. If you car does not have 609 Navigation Professional, you need to read car's SVT with E-Sys, and see if you have a stand alone Combox, CMB_MEDIA, in which case you can code EBT.
Thank you very much. That is very useful information. I don't have the Nav, so I'll have to see.

Quote:
All codings are functional and non-cosmetic, so I do not understand this question. In any event, you can look at the F30 Cheat Sheet or the BMW Coding Database, and see what may be possible for your F30:
I was thinking of things like the M3 starting animation. I'll take a look at the db, thanks!
Old 09-16-2014, 09:40 AM

Mein Auto: F32
2014 F32 E-sys first steps

Hi,

I got a BMW F32 model manufactured in the first week of July 2014. The 'ultimate driving machine' is what it supposed to be (actually very nice), except the irritating inconvenience I cannot listen music from my iPhone 5 through the bluetooth interface, for this purpose I need the Y-cable having only the basic 6NH option built-in.

The ultimate goal is to enable bluetooth for music but first I would like to install E-sys, connect to the car, and read the hardware and software configuration of the HU and combox (if there is any...).

I would appreciate your help how to make the first steps to install and run the software (ENET OBD cable I got already).

- Which E-Sys version do I need?
- From where can I download it?
- Which PSdZdata version I need, how can I get it?
- How can I get the token to be able to run E-Sys?
- How can I get a User's Manual for the version of E-Sys I shall use?
- Where to place the PSdZdata file and the token?

Please write in PM what should be written there.

Many thanks in advance!
Old 09-16-2014, 09:44 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yepun View Post
...I would appreciate your help how to make the first steps to install and run the software (ENET OBD cable I got already)...
PM sent.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old Yesterday, 08:59 AM

Mein Auto: F32
Thanks Shawn!