Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:11 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 740il
Exclamation Airbag Light: Progs Can't Access SRS / Airbag / Satellite (E65)

$50usd BOUNTY FOR WHOEVER FIND THE CORRECT FIX
If someone helps me in fixing this problem (and that step works in fixing it) i'll be glad to send them $50.00 Via PayPal. If two people end up having 2 steps and in the process they work together each gets $25.00. Im serious. I need to fix this damn thing. I dont want to take it to an INDY as a first resort.. I want try and resolve the problem myself, so when I do end up selling this car in the future i'll have the experience with a different BMW.

Car: 2004 745i (E65)
Cables: 3 different ones (FTDI chips all around)

Problem Started:
While working on the window regulator on my driver door my father took it upon himself to fix it while not removing the battery terminals. I wasnt at his house to remind me 30 times to pull battery... what can you do.. old people. Anyways, Regulator was fixed and everything put together DUN DUN DUN.. airbag light. But lets not get into that... **** happens and I have a light. The other day we pulled the door cover off to make sure it was connected to the Airbag (battery terminal removed =p) and it is indeed locked and in place.

On iDrive it shows driver airbag fault blah blah blah. Also a random Drive Restraint will show up very fast and disappear and never seen until another blue moon.

Testing:
-ISTA/D Rheigngold
Works great. Codes it shows are below in the pictures.

-DIS:
Now I run DIS to do a full system scan and when it comes to the satellite (the airbags) it totally skips over them one by one. I believe they had X's and greyed out. When I tried to go into the Job of SRS module and 'retime them' in DIS to see if that would work, it wouldnt even take me to the test screen. It gives me some other screen telling me on airbags work.. yay education on how car bus works. CABLES WORK IN DIS.

-INPA 5.0.6( BMW Standard Tools v. 2.12) & many other versions
I can read codes in "Functional jobs" and clear them, view modules live data. I have 3 interface cables and they all work (all different boards and makes). I hooked up the laptop to my dads 2006 750 and I can read his airbags just fine. But when it comes to mine I get IFH-0009 error: no response from control unit. I tried each unit one by one and I get the same error. I downloaded the E65 Daten ver 5 something, files and installed them in the NCSexpert and EDIBUS folders and went back and tested.. same error. I tried to open them again and same error. So in closing THE CABLES WORK IN INPA.

Car:
-Battery reads at 13.8-14 after it was charged for a few hours. Using INPA drains it even on a charger (although it is a 10a charger.. wish I had a 40a for just this). Even when I have the car started and play on INPA for 15mins, the charger reads that its down to 25% charge.
-Fuses all checked and not blown

ERROR CODES:

POSSIBLE SOLUTION LIST(who):
-New Battery and Register(vamp) **
-Look in driver door for that pin stuck in airbag to create short that turns it off(vamp)
-BST? Would this cause this?(vamp)
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2015, 11:04 AM

Bump I really need help. Anyone know of anyone who could help?
Old 05-26-2015, 12:32 PM

Mein Auto: z4
At first I would try this,

Disconnect the Battery for at least 60minutes so that all the capacitors drain out.
Then reconnect the battery terminals and check if you have Connection to the modules.

good luck...
Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM

Left battery unplugged overnight. This didnt help.

I ended up taking it to an indy to be a bunch of other things: Transmission fluid change, Parking Brake Program (replaced with metal gears), oil leak. Dad buys cars and were just testing this indy out. I even left some coins in certain parts of car to see if theyre honest.

(just keeping this updated if anyone else has this problem)