Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM
Format c:\*.* /y

Mein Auto: '01 330i
How to find iDrive version? Also please help me communicate with my dealership.

I've read the threads about updating the NBT iDrive to the newer versions (up to version 54 now?) but I'm still trying to get my dealership to do this. When I bought my wife's F25 a few weeks ago I specified I wanted the iDrive fully updated as well as the maps. Now I'm struggling to get them to apparently even understand what it is I want. I just got the car back from I thought getting this done yesterday. My Android phone did seem to play nicer with it, but once I got home I decided to check the map version and saw it still said "Road Map North America Premium 2011".

I just called back to check on that and the adviser told me the tech had told her there was no way to update the iDrive, that just the Bluetooth could be updated. Well I'd already done that update via USB, so is the improvement I saw last night placebo effect? Maybe it seemed better because of the features that became available from activating Assist last night? Only way to be sure is to see what version my iDrive actually is and see if it's updated from the original version 48-ish that would have been flashed at the factory.

So how can I find that version? Also how can I communicate exactly what it is I want to them regarding iDrive? It doesn't seem possible that enthusiasts with Windows XP laptops are able to update something that a dealership with all their tools and access can't. I'm no stranger to this kind of work; I root and flash new roms to all my phones and work on computers for a living. I'd just prefer to have them do the updating they agreed to when I bought it. Also, would a 2011 F25 have the CIC or the NBT head unit? Maybe I'm asking for something they really can't do...

Last edited by Tangent; Yesterday at 12:03 PM.
Advertisement
Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM

Mein Auto: 535
You have a CIC, they can do it but it costs them $ so they gave you the story that its impossible. Call the parts dept or service ask them how much a map update costs for your car, then give that estimate to the sales man since he promised you updates