Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:53 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 645ci
2004 transmission question

I have a 2004 645ci with 59000 miles on it and I have been experiencing transmission malfunction alerts on the idrive screen when I start the car and get ready to drive it. I do not get the alerts all of the time and alert says that reverse may not be available. I have saw other posts where owners have had similar issues. Is this a coputer problem or is the transmission going out? Other posts have stated that they have taken there car to the BMWdealer but there was nothing found wrong. Any help or information regarding transmission issues with the 2004 645.
Ads by Google
Old 07-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Michael

Mein Auto: Black Sapphire BMW Z4 3L
Hi! try a transmission reset?? there are number of recent threads advising how to do it!!!

Does my bum look good in this !
Old 07-09-2012, 09:54 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 645ci
can someone help me with instructions on a
transmission reset? I have read something about pressing down on the accel pedal then turning on the ignition but not starting the car. Do i hold down on the accel pedal the whole time and what position is the ignition suppose to be in?

Last edited by mfelsoci; 07-09-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Michael

Mein Auto: Black Sapphire BMW Z4 3L
press accelerator to the floor, switch on ignition position 2 but do not start, hold for 45 secs then start engine, drive for a while, it takes a period of time for it to relearn but everyone who has done it has experienced a real change, often it gets rid of bugs in the transmission, awkward shifts etc....

Does my bum look good in this !
Old 07-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Obsessive or Enthusiast?

Mein Auto: 650i Coupe
1. Insert Key.

2. Without stepping on the brake, push and release the start button. This is the accessory mode. You'll see the dash lights and other electronics come on but engine will still be off. (If the engine comes on, you haven't done this step right. Turn the car off and repeat step 2).

3. While in accessory mode, push the gas pedal down to the floor and hold it there for 30 seconds then release it.

4. Turn off everything and take the key out. You've now "soft reset" the transmission. Turn the car on and go for a drive and you'll notice a difference.

Hope this helps :thumb up:

Source: http://forums.5series.net/topic/4001...moother-shift/

650i Mods list:
Lumma Roof Spoiler
19" Miro M6 Replica Wheels
H&R Spacers - 10mm Front, 20mm Rear
MGP Custom Caliper Covers
M6 Custom Steering
SMG M6 Illuminated Paddle Shifter Retrofit
DCT Illuminated Shifter
14K HID Upgrade, White Angel-eyes, LED License Plate Lights
50% Huper Optik Ceramic Tints
OEM iPod Integration
-------------------------------------
In the Garage
BMW 650i
MB C63 AMG
Nissan Murano SL-AWD

Last edited by Di0nysu5; 07-09-2012 at 12:07 PM.