Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 07-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 545i
Very well put bimmerfan52.I almost bought a very low mile e39 before my 545i purchase.Not because of better reliability,but rather better info on how to fix the problem areas.Some of the older bimmers even have permanent fixes to nagging issues.

Last edited by dolfan13; 07-14-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Ich liebe meine Funfers!

Mein Auto: 550i and E34 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfan13 View Post
550s starting to show some of same problems.
...And you get this from where? The seat of a 545i? I only say this because I've had both; my N62B44 was a pig, period. Coolant, oil and vacuum leaks, idle issues and a coolant valley repair for your a$$! My experience with N62B48 has been pretty pleasant, and in older iterations (2006-2007), I've seen nothing but good stuff from them with multiple folks in the club and talking to several techs.

550i . Sport . Nav . L7 . Sirius . Cold . Eibachs . Bilsteins . 19" TSW . K&N . MTech V3

Last edited by borderchris; 07-15-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:50 PM

Mein Auto: 545i

Last edited by dolfan13; 07-15-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:14 PM

Mein Auto: Toyota 4Runner
Okay, so I took everyone's advice and stayed away from the V8. I bought a 2007 530XI. The car is so nice, silver/grey with black interior. It has navigation, cold weather, premium packages and heads up display. It does have a little bit higher milage, 89,000, but it still under CPO warranty and has the maintence package through BMW. IT DRIVES AMAZING and looks incredible. The car just feels like it's on rails when it goes around corners. Also, sport options is fun to drive with but I don't let myself do it often because I don't want to fall in love with it and want to drive that way all the time.

So, my questions I have now, or if you can link me to threads on this, what things should I be looking at as far as maintanence? The car is under warranty until 100,000 or 5 more months. The indrive shows it will need spark plugs at 100,000 miles but that will be out of warranty.

How about transmission fluid? The manual says it never needs changed but I find that hard to believe. Your guys thoughts are valuable here.

How about the battery and houses and belts? When should any of those be changed? Specifically speaking, the battery is original, how long should that last?

This is my first BMW ever and I have had it for three weeks and love it. I also want to be proactive e and keep it in top operations so any thoughts and advice is greatly appreciated. I know a lot of you been around these cars forever.

Sorry for the long post
Old 09-26-2012, 12:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 550i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxvader View Post
Okay, so I took everyone's advice and stayed away from the V8. I bought a 2007 530XI. The car is so nice, silver/grey with black interior. It has navigation, cold weather, premium packages and heads up display. It does have a little bit higher milage, 89,000, but it still under CPO warranty and has the maintence package through BMW. IT DRIVES AMAZING and looks incredible. The car just feels like it's on rails when it goes around corners. Also, sport options is fun to drive with but I don't let myself do it often because I don't want to fall in love with it and want to drive that way all the time.

So, my questions I have now, or if you can link me to threads on this, what things should I be looking at as far as maintanence? The car is under warranty until 100,000 or 5 more months. The indrive shows it will need spark plugs at 100,000 miles but that will be out of warranty.

How about transmission fluid? The manual says it never needs changed but I find that hard to believe. Your guys thoughts are valuable here.

How about the battery and houses and belts? When should any of those be changed? Specifically speaking, the battery is original, how long should that last?

This is my first BMW ever and I have had it for three weeks and love it. I also want to be proactive e and keep it in top operations so any thoughts and advice is greatly appreciated. I know a lot of you been around these cars forever.

Sorry for the long post

this post is pretty worthless without

...just sayin'

Congrats, tho!

Others:
2006 Corvette Conv, Z51,6sp (wife)
2007 Honda CBR1000RR Sold
2005 Triumph Daytona 650 (wife) Sold