Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts

BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts
Do you own a diesel powered BMW? Maybe a 335d or a BMW x35d? Come and talk about what makes your car great!

Old 07-11-2012, 09:24 AM

Mein Auto: 335d
New 335d owner and have a few questions.

Just picked up a pre-owned 335d 2 weeks ago with only 10k miles on it. Love it. Only bummer is last weekend the SES light came on so I set it up to drop it off at the dealer this coming Monday. I checked the code with a scanner and code P20EE came up.
Hoping the recall will take care of this. The SA ran my VIN when I called and said the only thing out there for it is the 11E-A03 recall. I also asked about the TSB SI B18 04 12 for the updated SCR metering pump and was told the only thing out there for mine was the recall. When I read the TSB on the metering pump it is for vehicles made from 6/09 - 9/10. I have a 5/10 build. I guess the recall superceeds the TSB? Anybody out there with a 2011 get the new SCR metering unit TSB done?
My next question is around the BMW extended warranty. Still on the fence about it. When I read what was covered under the SCR section it only lists the transfer pump and dosing module. It says nothing about the tanks, sensors and lines. I have a call into the the dealer who quoted me on the warranty to follow up about that but no word as of yet. Anybody out there know if everything related to the SCR is covered or just those two items listed? Seems that only those two items per the brochure are covered.
Reading about some members having to get the tanks replaced concerns me a bit long term.
Thanks!!

Last edited by axg1040; 07-11-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Pedant and Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: 335d, 328d, Toyota T100
Quote:
Originally Posted by axg1040 View Post
...My next question is around the BMW extended warranty. Still on the fence about it. When I read what was covered under the SCR section it only lists the transfer pump and dosing module. It says nothing about the tanks, sensors and lines. I have a call into the the dealer who quoted me on the warranty to follow up about that but no word as of yet. Anybody out there know if everything related to the SCR is covered or just those two items listed? Seems that only those two items per the brochure are covered.
Reading about some members having to get the tanks replaced concerns me a bit long term.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=619876&page=2

Lots of discussion about these issues in that thread. Note my posting: EGR covered, SCR mixer and pump covered. Nothing else in exhaust system.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:08 AM

Mein Auto: 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers View Post
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=619876&page=2

Lots of discussion about these issues in that thread. Note my posting: EGR covered, SCR mixer and pump covered. Nothing else in exhaust system.
Thank you.