Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 07-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 z4 28i
took a taxi from central city. not too expensive & about 20 minutes & easy
Old 07-15-2012, 04:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 Sportwagon
Thanks, Gekisai...that's probably what I'll do. It's approx 10 km ride. If traffic isn't an issue, it will cost less than 25.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:50 PM

Mein Auto: '13 F30 328 m-sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavrs View Post
Yes, discounts can be similar to a BMW ED and you also don't pay the usual destination charge for MB ED.

You basically get 7% off US MSRP and no destination without asking and then it is up to negotiation.

Haven't been through the whole experience yet but up to now it is impressive.

Initially I wanted to do an M5 ED this summer but BMW refuses to deliver cars before Sep. 1st even though they are ready. MB actually was very accommodating.
Problem is depending on the vehicle, you can usually get way more than 7% off MSRP for MB if you buy locally.

I found the dealership, service department, and sales are much more professional and accommodating than BMW from my experience so far. I am thinking about doing MB ED next time.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 E92 M3
My wife and I took the S-Bahn from the airport to the hotel with two medium sized
bags, a car seat, and a six yo in tow. It was very easy and convenient.

After that we all crisscrossed Munich for two days on the U-Bahn and ultimately
leaving the hotel for the Welt with the luggage under heavy rain!!!!!

We had no problems at all with their public transportation and we are from SoCal!!!!

European Delivery: June 25, 2012
Old 07-22-2012, 11:54 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 MB CLS550
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaForceX View Post
Problem is depending on the vehicle, you can usually get way more than 7% off MSRP for MB if you buy locally.

I found the dealership, service department, and sales are much more professional and accommodating than BMW from my experience so far. I am thinking about doing MB ED next time.
With MB ED you can also get more than the advertised 7% off MSRP. It is a matter of negotiation. You also do not pay the destination/transportation charge which reduces the price even more. The main issue is that it is not very transparent how much the dealer makes as it is with BMW ED thanks to forums like this, making the negotiation process a bit more of a guessing game.

It also depends on the MB model and the incentives that exist for US delivery.

Past:
2013 MB CLS550
2011 E92 335ix
2012 F10 550i
2009 E92 M3
2008 E92 M3