Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:36 PM

Mein Auto: F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxima View Post
So I just got an update from my CA....this should make a lot of people happy....

"The new Navigation Professional system [CPU, graphics processor, hard drive] goes into production in the new 3 series next month, but that does not include the new iDrive Touch system that you mentioned. No info yet on when it goes into US production vehicles. "
Not for US spec'd cars though.
In US only the active hybrid 3 gets the new/updated system. All others in US get it from MY2014.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 Maxima
i got the info straight from my CA today. So, we will see shortly. Every post on these forums and on F30 post are all over the place. I just hope my CA is right.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:22 PM

so, on Friday, I got this email from my CA.

"Iím sorry to report that I was misinformed. The November start of production is ONLY FOR EUROPEAN PRODUCTION three series. The US versions will not get the updated navigation system until production of the 2014 models. I personally spoke to the Product Manager for the 3-series for the US and he confirmed that the only 2013 model 3 series to get the updated nav system is the new Hybrid 3. We just got our first one of those in if you want to check it out."

So.......

Since they went ahead and had ordered my original build to come in and sell to another customer while I waited, and it was sitting on the lot, I called my CA and told him that I wasent going to wait. I told him to have the car ready in 2 hours......Im going to come pick it up for myself. Say hello to my new ride....

sorry for the ginormous pics.....

Old 10-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
Congrats! Black on Black is gorgeous!

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
Old 10-13-2012, 02:47 PM

thanks
Old 10-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Looks great
Old 10-20-2012, 07:32 PM

After a week's worth of driving I can say that I definitely love this car. There really aren't a whole lot of negatives so far and there were a couple of positive surprises.

negatives
*It is annoying that you cant sync the driver's and passenger's climate temperature settings.
*brake dust!!!! wow a lot of brake dust! And the exhaust turns black with one drive. Going to be a bear to keep both clean.
*voice commands are a joke. that's OK, ill never use them. Siri is better...
*most negative gripe is the afterthought of the rubber trim on the outside of the car surrounding the doors. looks like hell and will probably keep turning worse over time. Luckily, I was turned onto some pretty cool stuff to help keep it looking literally better than new.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00

that's it really....

surprises....
*I really didn't like the steering wheel in the pictures....in fact, i hated it. but now, it is one of my favorite things in the whole car. I love it! Soft, conforms to hand, etc!
*The car looks absolutely more stunning and aggressive in person than in the pictures. It has a much more aggressive stance in person.

By the way, I feel like I should definitely give credit to an absolutely fantastic CA that has been patient and attentive through this whole process. If there is anyone in the Atlanta area looking to buy, I would highly recommend Garland Helton at Global Imports. He will definitely take care of you. I know there are some other great CAs in and around the board, but anyone who lives in Atlanta knows that location is key. haha. So, if Global Imports is convenient to you, grab Garland. I went through 2 others before I got to him...the rest were worthless in my book.

ps. the Maxima sold in 3 days off of Craigslist. She will be missed.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 335i M-Sport 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxima View Post
After a week's worth of driving I can say that I definitely love this car. There really aren't a whole lot of negatives so far and there were a couple of positive surprises.

negatives
*It is annoying that you cant sync the driver's and passenger's climate temperature settings.
*brake dust!!!! wow a lot of brake dust! And the exhaust turns black with one drive. Going to be a bear to keep both clean.
*voice commands are a joke. that's OK, ill never use them. Siri is better...
*most negative gripe is the afterthought of the rubber trim on the outside of the car surrounding the doors. looks like hell and will probably keep turning worse over time. Luckily, I was turned onto some pretty cool stuff to help keep it looking literally better than new.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00

that's it really....

surprises....
*I really didn't like the steering wheel in the pictures....in fact, i hated it. but now, it is one of my favorite things in the whole car. I love it! Soft, conforms to hand, etc!
*The car looks absolutely more stunning and aggressive in person than in the pictures. It has a much more aggressive stance in person.

By the way, I feel like I should definitely give credit to an absolutely fantastic CA that has been patient and attentive through this whole process. If there is anyone in the Atlanta area looking to buy, I would highly recommend Garland Helton at Global Imports. He will definitely take care of you. I know there are some other great CAs in and around the board, but anyone who lives in Atlanta knows that location is key. haha. So, if Global Imports is convenient to you, grab Garland. I went through 2 others before I got to him...the rest were worthless in my book.

ps. the Maxima sold in 3 days off of Craigslist. She will be missed.
Gummy Pflege is the best. Been using that for over ten years. Nice ride. Same Colors as mine. Got the 6 sp manual though.