Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Mobile Electronics and Lighting

Mobile Electronics and Lighting
Car Stereos, Cell Phones, DDEs, HIDs, foglights etc...

Old 07-18-2012, 09:00 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFX View Post
PAPER..... I can't PM the reply because your box is full......

Here is my answer.....

All trunk trims, left, right, floor mat and one against rear seat

Damn, I will have to keep looking for a headling.

No, I do not have facelift drawers
cleared my box , be back in 2o , need to help my daughter

If you need a Custom 2014 DVD Navigation Map
East or West for your E65 E66 PM me for price .
Or if you Need an AUX Plug for your car hit me up
Old 07-19-2012, 04:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Many things
There was one for about $1800 when I bought my car 2 years ago, should have bought that one, that guy is nits at $5k never gonna sell it
Old 07-19-2012, 09:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFX View Post
Yes, if you give me your ACC module and bracket
After rereading the above reply I now think what you are saying is I would need to remove my ACC unit? I thought you were asking for the ACC module & bracket number or type. Your reply went way over my head. (not hard to do) So to conclude, I guess there is no way to just disconnect my ACC & have my car revert to standard Cruise Control? Sorry for being so persistent but I really dislike the ACC feature in 4 lane highway driving but really enjoy standard Cruise Control.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:05 AM

Mein Auto: '06 E65 730d Sport
I would imagine it's just a case of unplugging the sensor on the front bumper, then removing the option string from the VO via NCSExpert. This latter step needs to be done as otherwise, the car will just think the sensor has gone bad and disable the whole cruise system.

As an aside, I've just tracked down and purchased the correct sensor for my vehicle, along with the stalk, for a very reasonable amount! All I need now is the replacement grille, plug housings and pins to create a harness and I'm good to go!

Ace... how's that DIY coming along??

Last edited by Dan_E65; 07-20-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: BMW 760Li BMW X5 4.8iS
this weekend only super sale price acc module, mounting bracket and acc control stalk

only $400 plus postage

Last edited by AceFX; 07-20-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:49 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X5;2002 BMW 745i
Smile

I'll take it! Hopefully I'll find a way to PM you once again Ace!
Old 07-22-2012, 04:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 745li
I get a ACC malfunction when i try n use mine. The mechanic said i need a new sensor tho I think he really didnt investigate it at all??
Anyway, $400 bucks i'll buy it from you an see if the new sensor will fix mine. its an 03 will this work in mine?
How can I pat ya for it?
Old 07-22-2012, 05:40 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 745LI/ F02
Hi Guys as you know Ace is not a member on the forums at the moment. For any reason you need to reach Ace about anything please contact him here.

Ace Carnage: acefx@live.com.au
Old 07-22-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonatee View Post
I get a ACC malfunction when i try n use mine. The mechanic said i need a new sensor tho I think he really didnt investigate it at all??
Anyway, $400 bucks i'll buy it from you an see if the new sensor will fix mine. its an 03 will this work in mine?
How can I pat ya for it?
Hi I spoke with Ace an this is per Ace:

The ACC I am selling is guaranteed 100%. It will plug straight into your existing wiring. No need to do any coding, you can pypal me at acefx@live.com.au pay pal.... Postage to the US is $65.00 express International

Regards Ace .....
Old 07-22-2012, 09:15 PM

I'm confused...
who's sellin this thing?
why international rate?
you over seas?
Old 07-22-2012, 11:07 PM

Ace is from OZ so yes there is international fees. I'm not selling this item Ace is.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:02 PM

The ACC as advertised has been sold to gonatee.
The item is sold and is no longer available.

*PS. Ace has worked out how to retrofit AUX input now
Old 07-24-2012, 03:47 PM

Both ACC Have Been Sold!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:03 AM

For everyone interested in Active Cruise here is the official BMW retrofit PDF: http://www.gavandkel.co.uk/PDFs/6138EN.pdf

Now, once you have the sensor itself and the cruise control stalk, getting the rest is pretty easy except for a couple of things. The wiring harness for the front bumper is a little more expensive than I'd like and the other harness called "NACHRUESTKABELSATZ ACC" or "Retrofit Wiring Kit ACC" is nowhere to be found for sale in the US at least! Part number is: 61120152469. I called my local dealer, they said they couldn't find it, I pushed them a little bit more and they checked the BMW catalog and found some info that it exists but no availability info and that the part was not "mastered". They're going to investigate further and call me back. I think I might be able to make my own harness following the PDF diagrams. Dan_E65 any luck? Maybe we can collaborate on this if you can PM me. I think the end connectors are available from the dealer. The last option is to order it from Germany but the minimum ordering requirement would mean buying two and also adding on VAT tax, (slow!) shipping to the USA and the store only accepts wire transfer ($45 fee from my bank!)

All this for a bunch of wires that are supposed to be $24!
I think there is some kind of bmw parts hotline that you/the dealer parts people can call and request help. Apparently, they were very helpful, and almost immediately mastered the part number and made it available to order from Germany... anyone know anything about this?
Old 07-25-2012, 11:09 AM

I know most parts that have to be ordered from Germany directly, prices will be slightly higher because of there VAT Tax, being that it is now a special order. If you want the OEM parts then its worth the money to order it through your local dealer even if it means getting 2. Keep in mind when you order parts from Germany through your local dealer it can take up to 30days for them to get it.

Last edited by Rookie2008; 07-25-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: BMW 760Li BMW X5 4.8iS
Top effort Jimmy on getting the instructions......

Once you install it you too will become a lazy driver ....... it is hard a first to not instinctively go for the brake pedal....let the car do it!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:32 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

Mein Auto: 745LI
has any 1 who bought these parts installed it yet ???
I sure would like to know how it all worked out for you ???

I might have to pick these parts up for my car ...

If you need a Custom 2014 DVD Navigation Map
East or West for your E65 E66 PM me for price .
Or if you Need an AUX Plug for your car hit me up
Old 07-29-2012, 04:39 PM

My sensor and stalk have been delivered, I've got part numbers for both additional wiring harnesses (although I think only one is necessary... TBC!) and I have the retrofit instructions and wiring diagrams to hand. All I need now is some time to fit it, but thanks to the bloody Olympics that won't happen till at least September !!!!!!!!

So the bumper needs to come off and a replacement wiring harness needs to be fitted. As far as I can tell, this just replaces the one that's already there, with the PDC sensors, horn and fog light connectors, the new one just has the additional connector for the ACC sensor. Seems a bit OTT to fit a whole new harness (not to mention expensive and potentially difficult to source). The other harness comprises the extra wiring which goes to the CAS and fuse panel in the glovebox, then extends forward through the engine bay to the front bumper harness. I think these two harnesses are going to be difficult to get hold of as they're both part of the retrofit kit and I don't think dealers are keen on splitting them from the kit. Fortunately I have a friend who used to work at a dealership and is still on good terms with the Parts Manager.... goes without saying, I'll be taking orders for anyone else on the forum who needs one.

One thing worries me - there is no retrofit kit listed for vehicles past March 2005. Mine's a November 2006 car

While the bumper's off, I'll be fitting better angel eye lights and cleaning out the filters for the windscreen jets.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:43 PM

Re: Dan_E65

The front harness is easily available at the dealer and most BMW parts websites, the one that goes to fuse box and CAS is the hard to find one. If you can get your hands on an extra one for me that would be a lifesaver! I can PayPal you if necessary.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:31 AM

Update

Just spoke with the BMW Parts Consultant Group Hotline people myself. They said it's a German retrofit part and can't be sold here. You either order ACC with the car or nothing.

I'm trying right now to order parts from this German website that ships worldwide and also talking to my German friends.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:44 PM

Mein Auto: 530xi T
Interested

is this still there ? I'm interested
Old 11-07-2012, 04:56 PM

Mein Auto: E65 760i
Can I just ask, can acc be retrofitted to a 2003 e65?

Thanks
Old 12-02-2012, 05:43 AM

Not sure if it helps anyone, but I've been looking at this project myself and thought I'd post up a few of my findings...

If you have a pre-facelift car, this retrofit might be feasible. Reason being, there is an ACC retrofit kit available (although it may be difficult to get hold of). The kit comprises the radar head, mount, adjusting frame, a wiring harness to replace the one already in the front bumper (which supplies the parking sensors, horn, fog lights and the new radar head), a new wiring harness to link the radar head to the bus, and some trim pieces for the lower grille.

If you have a post-facelift car like i do however, things get complicated. A new system was brought in, ACC 2, which is more sensitive and uses a new radar head with four antennae (as opposed to three in the old ACC). This is good, because it makes the system more accurate when it comes to reading whats in front of the vehicle. Unfortunately however, from what I can gather it uses sensors in the brakes which may or may not already be fitted to the car (I couldn't bottom this one out - either it picks up on signals from sensors already present in the DSC system, or extra sensors are fitted to cars which have ACC 2 specified at the factory). Oh, and there is no retrofit kit part number available for post-facelift cars that I can find.

I found a cheap ACC 2 radar head on ebay.de so took a gamble. My reasoning was that everything else can be purchased from dealerships, apart from the wiring harness which links the radar to the bus. So I looked in to making my own harness. trouble is, on pre-facelift cars there is a splice point for the two bus wires behind the headlight but I can find no trace of this splice point on the wiring diagrams for the post-facelift car. Even if I got round this, there is still the brake sensor issue, then of course the car would have to coded, and after that the radar head needs calibrating (haven't got a clue what this entails but I've heard mention of hours on some kind of calibration rig and ).

Anyway i did all my research earlier in the year then had to break off to work at the London Olympics. I might come back to it in the new year but until that I've shelved it. Hopefully someone else might pick up this gauntlet, it certainly would be a cool retrofit.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:51 AM

Mein Auto: E70 I6 /E31 V8/ E66 V12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_E65 View Post
Not sure if it helps anyone, but I've been looking at this project myself and thought I'd post up a few of my findings...

If you have a pre-facelift car, this retrofit might be feasible. Reason being, there is an ACC retrofit kit available (although it may be difficult to get hold of). The kit comprises the radar head, mount, adjusting frame, a wiring harness to replace the one already in the front bumper (which supplies the parking sensors, horn, fog lights and the new radar head), a new wiring harness to link the radar head to the bus, and some trim pieces for the lower grille.

If you have a post-facelift car like i do however, things get complicated. A new system was brought in, ACC 2, which is more sensitive and uses a new radar head with four antennae (as opposed to three in the old ACC). This is good, because it makes the system more accurate when it comes to reading whats in front of the vehicle. Unfortunately however, from what I can gather it uses sensors in the brakes which may or may not already be fitted to the car (I couldn't bottom this one out - either it picks up on signals from sensors already present in the DSC system, or extra sensors are fitted to cars which have ACC 2 specified at the factory). Oh, and there is no retrofit kit part number available for post-facelift cars that I can find.

I found a cheap ACC 2 radar head on ebay.de so took a gamble. My reasoning was that everything else can be purchased from dealerships, apart from the wiring harness which links the radar to the bus. So I looked in to making my own harness. trouble is, on pre-facelift cars there is a splice point for the two bus wires behind the headlight but I can find no trace of this splice point on the wiring diagrams for the post-facelift car. Even if I got round this, there is still the brake sensor issue, then of course the car would have to coded, and after that the radar head needs calibrating (haven't got a clue what this entails but I've heard mention of hours on some kind of calibration rig and ).

Anyway i did all my research earlier in the year then had to break off to work at the London Olympics. I might come back to it in the new year but until that I've shelved it. Hopefully someone else might pick up this gauntlet, it certainly would be a cool retrofit.
Any updates?

ACC it the only option missing from my 760LI that would make it the highest possible spec you can get on an E66 from BMW... The reason being is that this was the only option you could not get in Serbia (God knows why) that BMW offered. But, we could get options Like the extended individual composition package and theatre seating inc. keyboard which Germany could not. Very weird. Anyway, I need to have it Even though I will probably not use it as much as I would hope to, only really through traffic. I am looking into the retro-fit, and the only thing I am worried about is the brake sensor... Not sure in comes standard, and it does not look like a fun retro-fit.

2008 Ruby Black/Gold Brown E66 760LI V12 - Full BMW Individual Composition - Mods: a few.

1994 Red/Black E31 840CI - Mods: M62 4.4 engine transplant, CSI Brakes, KAW Springs, Exhaust, EDC Delete, 65M Wheels.

2003 Matte Black/Black 955 Cayenne V8 - Mods: Techart

2006 Black/Beige W220 S500 4matic Designo (S600 Spec) - Few Mods
Old 10-26-2013, 07:54 AM

Mein Auto: '05 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyW View Post
Just spoke with the BMW Parts Consultant Group Hotline people myself. They said it's a German retrofit part and can't be sold here. You either order ACC with the car or nothing.

I'm trying right now to order parts from this German website that ships worldwide and also talking to my German friends.
JimmyW, old thread, but wondering the results of your wire harness searching...

E65/E66 Parts for Sale:
Alpina Type 743 Front Spoiler complete retrofit kit (new in box) $1200
71 60 6 770 096 WARNING TRIANGLE WITHOUT CONTAINER $40
51 16 7 028 437 & 438 MIRROR GLASS HEATED PLANE LEFT & RIGHT, ELECTROCHROM
65 82 6 950 069 CONTROL DISPLAY (8.8") $200