Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 328XI E92
Should I pull the trigger??

Hey all, I currently drive a 2009 BMW 328 XI Coupe. Just has premium and cold package so is pretty basic. I really love the new X1 and was planning to custom order one!! My only drawback is i have not seen the car in person or driven one, but my dealership is taking orders now and i am just so tempted to get one! We want the X1 because we need the towing capacity and the dealership said the X1 should be rated at 2,500 pounds (we need to tow a scamp trailer that weights 1,500 pounds).

This is what i was looing at
28i AWD
Valencia Orange Exterior
Ultimate Package (premium, nav, parking)
Lighting Package
HK Sound upgrade
Sirius Radio
BMW Apps
Heated Seats

Now where i am running into problems is if i should go with the X Line or M Sport Package. I want either a terra or red interior, but cant decide! I think i do prefer the Terra color, but then no sport seats or sport suspension. Dealership said they will only give me $1,500 off MSRP and I am taking my car in on Friday for a trade valuation. Any advice is warranted!

I am only 26 years old and my goal is to keep this car forever, thats why i want to custom order and get exactly what i want!
Ads by Google
Old 07-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Cruising 280 Top Down

Send a message via Skype™ to petriej
Mein Auto: '99 M3 Cab & '05 X5 4.8is
If you can wait I'd suggest test driving first. That's my plan. Also get the extended warranty if you're going to hold onto the car forever.

GGC BMW CCA #443004
Join the BMW CCA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornhospital View Post
Jared, why don't you just put "It's Giubo" in your sig? Save a lot of typing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36 miguel View Post
this jared guy sounds intimidating lol.
2005 X5 4.8is Le Mans/Black/6spd Steptragic
1999 M3 Cabrio TiAg Metallic/Dove Grey/Black 5 Speed Manual
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1997 328iC Schwarz II/K/K 5MT SOLD 5/2012
2004 645Ci Mineral Silver Metallic/Black 6MT RIP 04/2011
Old 07-11-2012, 11:16 AM
RetiredBum

Mein Auto: '01 X5 3.0 '02VetteVert
I agree with the wait & drive one opin...
This isn't a Bugatti Veyron.

Rec'd waiting for a few at the dlr, looking at them, driving them, thinking about options, etc.
A lot of dough to spend on a quickly depreciating 'asset', that is literally unseen/unknown to you.
GL, mD
'10 Hyundai Tucson for the CEO, & 3 Assorted M'Cycles.
BMW CCA mem. Tarheel Chapter
My Flickr...Scenes,Cars & Road Trip Pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/45275375@N00/
Old 07-11-2012, 12:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 328XI E92
Hmm that is very true, the dealership should have some in i think in the next few months. I would have rather ordered it sooner then later. I plan to test the X3 on friday with the new engine which should drive me similar.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siruis View Post
Hmm that is very true, the dealership should have some in i think in the next few months. I would have rather ordered it sooner then later. I plan to test the X3 on friday with the new engine which should drive me similar.
Not sure if it will be that similar. The X3 is a small SUV, the X1 is more of a station wagon that looks like an SUV. It is based on the old 3 series wagon.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:30 AM

Mein Auto: 97 E36M/4
I'm sure it will drive better than the X3 since it's smaller, lighter, and lower to the ground.

My prediction is that you will start seeing them at the dealers in early Sept. Think small and you will be pleasantly surprised, but if you are thinking X3 size, prepare for disappointment.