Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:14 PM

Mein Auto: 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
Completely different animal. The G37x is a much heavier car with a much more powerful engine (which also means it gets much worse fuel economy, abysmal economy actually). It is more comparable to the 335i with x-drive than the 328i.
335x i averaged about 25+mpg. on G i barely made 17mpg. both combined about 60hw 40 local.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:01 PM

Mein Auto: 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kqf30 View Post
From my personal experience living in ILLINOIS, and have owned/owning FWD, RWD, AWD sedans (always with all season tires):

If it snows heavily overnight with 10+ inches of snow, without shoveling, I have 100% NO problem driving in/out of my garage or driving in/out of my company's parking lot.
I can never drive in or out of my drive way with FWD, RWD sedans without shoveling.
So I think that with AWD, you will never get stuck in a pile of snow.
As far as braking or cornering in snow/ice, I just drive really slowly regardless.
My friend has the same car as mine except it's RWD and he has to rent a car in inclement weather.
When selecting this F30, the same friend highly recommended me to wait and get the XDRIVE.

Now I think I made the mistake (or did I) of ordering the F30 335XDRIVE MSPORT without the M ADAPTIVE SUSPENSION ...Yike that is another thread. ;-)) I am going to enjoy it regardless.

i was gonna say. awd is for not getting stuck within the height limit. whoever speed down the road with snow on the ground is an idiot regardless your trans/tire configuration anyway. snow tires r safer? pls think again if driving a bit faster than everyone else on the road on a snow day is ur objective.

so now we r all driving slow enough on a snow day, we r only talking about getting stuck on a little looked so innocent hill or not, right? in that case, i think awd is always better.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:34 AM

Mein Auto: F30 '13 328i xDrive
I have read all of the AWD vs. RWD debates and most of them focus on snow. Well today it poured here in NJ. As I drove around in my FWD car I wondered how the RWD would have been in those conditions. It was raining quite heavily and there were large puddles in a lot of spots. I had no problems with the FWD. I don't drive like a maniac in those conditions but I also do not want to be forced to drive like an old lady.

For the few times it snows I can probably just keep the car home as we have an AWD car already. I live in a very hilly area so I would still be a little worried about that, but really how many days are the streets filled with snow.

But it does rain all year round, and snow tires wouldn't come into the equation then. So on rainy days how much, if any, of an issue is RWD?
Old 09-17-2012, 01:41 PM
CJ

Mein Auto: 328i Sport En Route
My CA said production week is 40th. Is gonna be 40th or it might go in production early? Can't wait... How long after production finishes?
Old 09-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 e91 X-drive, 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen21 View Post
I have read all of the AWD vs. RWD debates and most of them focus on snow. Well today it poured here in NJ. As I drove around in my FWD car I wondered how the RWD would have been in those conditions. It was raining quite heavily and there were large puddles in a lot of spots. I had no problems with the FWD. I don't drive like a maniac in those conditions but I also do not want to be forced to drive like an old lady.

For the few times it snows I can probably just keep the car home as we have an AWD car already. I live in a very hilly area so I would still be a little worried about that, but really how many days are the streets filled with snow.

But it does rain all year round, and snow tires wouldn't come into the equation then. So on rainy days how much, if any, of an issue is RWD?
Remember: ALL car used to be RWD. How the hell people drove them all year round?
I am old enough to remember: we did just fine.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:11 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen21 View Post

I live in Bergen County and my RWD F30 also experienced that rainstorm and did just fine. FWD isn't a big deal in rain. Again, it's all about the tires.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 09-25-2012, 07:41 AM
CJ

Mein Auto: 328i Sport En Route
Woohoo...

The car is in production since 3-4 day....
Any ideas when should it be completed? ETA date is 2nd oct. Anyone around who is close to mine?
Anyone has any idea, when Will I get the car?