Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 07-20-2012, 04:38 PM

Mein Auto: 335i
Angry Droid RAZR connection problem after ICS upgrade

2008 335i

After my Driod RAZR phone automatically upgraded to the Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) OS, the car no longer sees the phone's contact list. I can pair the phone and manually make a call thru the car, but the contact list is no longer available.

I have cleared the phone cache, deleted, repaired, soft reboot phone ad finitum. Verizon techs cannot solve the problem. Short of a factory reset, any suggestions?

Is there a firmware update for the car's communications system?

Phone/ car paired ok with contact list visible and accessible prior to the ICS update.
Ads by Google
Old 07-20-2012, 06:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 328i 6MT Sport
Patiently waiting a reply to this thread as I am seeing the same thing... plus the Droid RAZR now is constantly asking me to pair the phone with the car when it's already paired.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:50 PM
Chicks dig Wagons!

Mein Auto: E91
There have been several updates to the BT firmware over the years. So, one suggestion would be to take your car to the dealer and complain. In the past, I've found that if the phone is on BMW's approved list, the dealer will work to correct any connection problems.

My Droid 3, which is still running Gingerbread, has not worked well with BMW's Bluetooth system since a recent update. I have mostly fixed the problem though. I found that deleting various programs from my phone, and then repairing (after deleting the old profile) did the trick.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Dreamer View Post
Patiently waiting a reply to this thread as I am seeing the same thing... plus the Droid RAZR now is constantly asking me to pair the phone with the car when it's already paired.
+1 It seems like ICS on the RAZR is one step forward and one (or two) step(s) backward. Samsung GS III is calling me.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Chicks dig Wagons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anE934fun View Post
+1 It seems like ICS on the RAZR is one step forward and one (or two) step(s) backward. Samsung GS III is calling me.
OT, but if you have unlimited data on your Droid, you will lose it if you get a subsidized upgrade from VZW. If you buy the phone outright, you get to keep your old plan.

Samsung has said they will offer a Verizon G III on their website within an unlocked bootloader shortly (the Galaxy Verizon sells has a locked boatloader).
Old 07-21-2012, 07:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i 6MT
Galaxy S3 won't load phone book

I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S3 from a Droid Razr Maxx. The Maxx worked perfectly with my car even after the ICS upgrade. My brand new S3, however, is having problems. It pairs at first and connects. It keeps trying to load the phone book and then eventually drops the connection.

Everytime I start the car it asks if I want to load a new phone! The only way I can hang on to the BT connection is if I refuse to let it load the phone book.

Briefly thought about going back to my Maxx, but nah! The S3 is worth it even without BT in my e90.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:51 AM
Chicks dig Wagons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihoole View Post
I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S3 from a Droid Razr Maxx. The Maxx worked perfectly with my car even after the ICS upgrade. My brand new S3, however, is having problems. It pairs at first and connects. It keeps trying to load the phone book and then eventually drops the connection.

Everytime I start the car it asks if I want to load a new phone! The only way I can hang on to the BT connection is if I refuse to let it load the phone book.

Briefly thought about going back to my Maxx, but nah! The S3 is worth it even without BT in my e90.

What year BMW do you have?
Old 07-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 535xi Wagon
My experience with my Razr Maxx and my 2011 335xi has been just the opposite of the problem cited in the original post, although I can't be sure exactly what solved it. Under the old Razr Maxx software the phone paired with my car but I could only see phone numbers--no names, so therefore basically worthless. After the ICS automatic upgrade last week, I also deleted and then reestablished a Smart Actions event on my phone, with the trigger being the car's Bluetooth. Now the phone pairs fine, and I can see contact list names as long as they're in the "people" field. Unfortunately, I cannot see the names of contacts that are only in the "company" field, but I'll take what I have.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i 6MT
I have a 2011 328i 6MT (manufacture date 9/11).
Old 07-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Chicks dig Wagons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihoole View Post
I have a 2011 328i 6MT (manufacture date 9/11).
Thanks, Nihoole. I ask because problems are often related to obsolete BT software. But, i doubt that is an issue in your case.