Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 07-27-2012, 11:43 PM

Mein Auto: x5
helllllllpppppp

hi there i have 2005 bmw x5 4.4 70000 mile car starts normal drive stop start a gen same time same time only click then wont start dead all lights normal front angel lite just blink play with key on off on off for 5 min then it will start any one here with any idea wast wrong is getting more frequent
my Gus starter or same security problem
also dit cut off on me as i em driving from fast to slowving down before full stop iss dead wont strat the same rutine play with key and then starts

wen i starts is normal

any one out ther
Ads by Google
Old 07-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Propellers Up Front

Mein Auto: Some Bavarian car outside
Helllllllpppppp!

Hi there, I have a 2005 BMW X5 4.4i with 70,000 miles. The car starts normally and drives, then it stops. I start the engine, but it only clicks. Then it wouldn't start. It's now dead, but all the lights work and the angel eyes blink. I would play with the key on and off for 5 minutes then it would start. Anyone here with any idea what's wrong? It's getting more frequent. My guess would be the starter or some security problem. Also it shut down on me while slowing down to a full stop and would be completely dead. It wouldn't start, but following the same routine I would play with the key and then it would start. When it starts it's normal.
Anyone out there?

My guess would be the ignition. There must be a loose connection in there if after you jiggle the keys it starts. The fact that it would click over further leads me to believe that it's a loose (not tight) connection. It's like a battery terminal that just rests on the battery, you would get lights and all low amp devices would work, but the moment you turn the key and that starter draws power, it would not start even though the battery is fine.
I had to translate your post so others could understand as it took me about five minuest to just read and understand it. People usually DO NOT have time to do that. You should "hopefully" get some responses now. Please be mindful of your grammar next time.
Good Luck.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:20 PM

Mein Auto: x5
Thank u I tack to a Mecanic hi told me the same

thanks