Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts

BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts
Do you own a diesel powered BMW? Maybe a 335d or a BMW x35d? Come and talk about what makes your car great!

Old 07-24-2012, 04:07 PM

Mein Auto: 335d
BMWassist but not connected

I don't know where to post this, but since I have a 335d I'll post it here.

So, I transferred the BMWassist over to me. Easy to do, BMW was very nice on the phone. I have used BMWassist a few times now via the iPhone app and google maps to send a location to my nav. Very useful.

While I was switching BMWassist over to me I was given a pitch for BMW connect the concierge level of BMWassist. It sounding like onstar. I was able to purchase a small test run without having a recurring fee and figured why not. Give it a shot.

Well, so far its been a waste of money.

BMWassit - worth it. Being able to send nav points via phone or computer to the the car is very nice. I also like the safety features.

BMWconnect - super slow to connect to the internet to do anything. Forget looking up the weather or news. Google search is painfully slow. I can pull over, and use my iPhone and get back on the road in less time it takes for bmwconnect to connect to the internet. I keep listening for the modem clicks and beeps from my school days. Yes I'm old enough to have had a 2600 baud modem.

Once connected - what does the voice person do? Nothing really. I was told I could call for directions, reservations, anything really. So I called to ask how I set my seat adjustments in memory. I figured they might have access to the manual, or a computer with google search. Its an easy softball question. The very nice phone person said he could not help with that and wanted to give me the phone number for BMW warranty services to get an answer to that. I said no thank you. Waited until I got home and looked it up in the manual. Maybe I'l try again when I want theatre tickets or movie times.
Advertisement