Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)

X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)
The newest sport activity vehicle from BMW is a crossover-coupe style and is expected to appear sometime in 2008!

Old 07-24-2012, 06:15 PM
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black

Mein Auto: X5d Ski Machine-Blk Betty
Let's talk Diesel (USA ONLY)

When are they coming to the US and what are the prices. I can't find ANY information other than rumors. I assume that the 30d will continue to only be available overseas so will the 35d will be the base model right? Any idea on invoice cost & MSRP on the 35ds?

Big fan of diesel's and almost bought a Q7 before coming into this forum for my 750Li and thought... What about the 35d X6?

'12 X5d Sapphire/Black/Bamboo, Sport (ZAP), Premium (ZPP) & Premium Sound(ZPS) packages: 20" 214's, OEM Hitch
'11 Victory Ness Cross Country!!!
GONE - '06 750Li Sapphire Black/Creme&Black (Loadeddddd)
Ads by Google
Old 07-25-2012, 03:57 PM

Mein Auto: Was 2010 X6 35i
The 2013 X5 35d is a bit of a pig even with the turbo bolted on as I can attest with the loaner I'm currently in. A friend has the new X6 50d and he says it flys compared to the 40d he used to have.
Former '03 X5 3.0 (Stolen)
Former '01 X5 3.0 (Lemoned)
Former 1998 Range Rover 4.6HSE
Former 1995 Isuzu Trooper LS 3.0
Old 07-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: German
No diesel. We might see one in the next gen X6 when the 40d X5 comes to the US
Old 07-29-2012, 04:23 PM
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black

Mein Auto: X5d Ski Machine-Blk Betty
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
No diesel. We might see one in the next gen X6 when the 40d X5 comes to the US
Ah, that's too bad. I had thought I had seen something about the diesel's becoming available in the US more near term. I guess it was bad info. I had been looking at the Q7 TDI and thought that the X6 would be a better/sportier alternative. The 50i may be quick but the fuel economy SUCKS so I guess it does not surprise me to see very few of them on the market. I considered the slightly more fuel efficient ActiveHybrids but dismissed that concept when I learned that BMW would not offer CPO on any of them.

The price point of the X6 50i's also brings the Porsche Cayenne back into the picture so what I thought might be an easy decision is getting tougher. May just decided to not make a change.

'12 X5d Sapphire/Black/Bamboo, Sport (ZAP), Premium (ZPP) & Premium Sound(ZPS) packages: 20" 214's, OEM Hitch
'11 Victory Ness Cross Country!!!
GONE - '06 750Li Sapphire Black/Creme&Black (Loadeddddd)