Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 Z4MC
Navigation Voice Options? Downloads?

I have a buddy with a Garmin who occasionally takes time out of his otherwise serious life to download voice files for his Garmin. I know, everyone needs a hobby....

It is rather amusing to drive his car and get directions from Bob Dylan, Darth Vader, etc. Frankly, the Dylan one cracks me up... think about it.

Is there any way to download and install alternate voice files in the X5 (2011+) ?
I would imagine the glove box link for an iPod/iPhone file would be the route if such a thing were available. Or maybe the CD-to-storage function.

It's my wife's vehicle and she would kinda like Robert Downey Jr. to tell her where to go...

Yeah... frivolous... but fun.

Thoughts?
Ads by Google
Old 07-25-2012, 04:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: German
Germans aren't that creative haha

I got Top Gear voices on my old Garmin
Old 07-30-2012, 08:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 X5 35d
The only other voice you really could use is uk English assuming youre using USA English currently. It would say motorway rather than highway and other remarks. In order to do this the car would need to be reprogrammed and the car faked into thinking its a uk car. By doing that you'll get then plenty of other issues such as the CIC not working with Sirius, fm channels in the wrong frequency and lots of other problems.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5
I'm thinking of bringing over my Garmin from my other car and use it with the BMW for red light/speed camera warnings...