Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 528i
Restraint System Error after coding

I'm hoping you guys can give me a hand here. I've been reading up on everything here a fair amount and I wanted to attempt some pretty minor changes to my 2011 F10.

I changed a few small things like the idrive warning and then wanted to remove the seatbelt warning. So I changed the the following from "aktiv" to "nicht_aktiv." However this caused an error to come up on the dash and idrive at start (see screenshot). I undid my changes but it still left the error and I'm not sure how to fix it. The seatbelt sensor and warning still work now with my changes undone, so I'm not sure what is causing the error.

I searched and couldn't find this issue coming up before, so I can't tell where I messed up or how to undo whatever caused the error?

Gurtzustandsanzeige_Beifahrer_GWF_GZA_BF
Gurtzustandsanzeige_Fahrer_GWF_GZA_FA
SBR_BF_GWF_SBR_BF
SBR_FA_GWF_SBR_FA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (7).jpg
Views:	40
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	443769  
Ads by Google
Old 06-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 535i M-sport
I did the same thing recently. I think you mistakenly updated an SBR_SENSOR_* value. That triggered the airbag warning for me.

E-SYS can remove the fault code.
Click "External Applications" in the left menu.
Click "External Application"
Double-click "Transmitter"
Scroll to the bottom and double-click "... Clear all DTCs ..."

Initialwarnung_GWF_IW to nicht_aktiv will remove the seatbelt chimes when you start the car.

A lot of folks also disable these below too, but I left them active so that if my passenger UNbuckles while driving it makes the chime and the small image in the dash.
SBR_BF_GWF_SBR_BF (aka SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Beifahrer) (chimes when disconnecting, passenger)
SBR_FA_GWF_SBR_FA (aka SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Fahrer) (chimes when disconnecting, driver)
SPW_BF (aka SBR_PreWarning_Beifahrer) (dash icon when disconnecting)
SPW_FA (aka SBR_PreWarning_Fahrer) (dash icon when disconnecting)
2013 535i M-Sport: Carbon Black with Oyster/Black Dakota, Sport Auto Transmission, Driver Assistance Package, Premium Package, Multi-Contour Seats, Heated Seats, Navigation, Harmon/Kardon stereo. Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position non-runflats, Painted reflectors, M5 grille.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 528i
mnes, thanks for the quick reply. That was it! I was able to clear the error and re-do the changes with no more problems. I must have touched something I shouldn't have or just angered the car but all is back on track now.

Thanks for the help!!!