Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:05 AM

Mein Auto: F10
Lightbulb Inband ringtone

Hi everybody !

With the help of this forum, I'm trying my first code on my F10.
I'd like to make an easy step forward to start with... Changing the original ringtone of my BMW and replace it by the actual ringtone of my mobile phone.

I've followed successfully all steps to connect to the car, make a backup and search the correct value.

But I have to admit that I'm a bit scared to continue and need confirmation of the community.

At this point, if I check on the cheat sheet, the new value is empty.... So shall I delete the "nicht_aktiv" value and the "werte=0" ?

If yes, just to be shure, how do I do this....

And after, how to I save the value to the car ?

Thanks a lot for your help !
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2015, 11:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 M5
Hello!

Make a right click on nicht_aktiv and choose "edit". No you can switch it to aktiv. Save the file with the symbol on the top (looks like an old diskette), then the green arrow to the left. Now you are back in your coding menue. Check that the CAFD is marked and click on code fdl in the right field. Wait...... and you got it.

CU Oliver
Old 01-30-2015, 12:33 PM

Mein Auto: '14 550xi GT
Video that shows it in action, right at the spot where he edits the value (jump to 6:26):

Old 01-31-2015, 12:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
The only time you ever change a Werte Value is if the DropDown list does not offer an option you want, then you make Custom Werte Value instead. You just need to change the DropDown to Aktiv, and leave Werte Value alone.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 02-01-2015, 09:40 AM

Grrrr... This afternoon I tried again, well decided to succeed but was unable to connect.... Had a message no zgw in the VIN connection field. I read that I should check the cable... Even if I didn't use it last days...
I'll check that tomorrow..,
Old 02-02-2015, 02:18 AM

Yes, Did it and it works !!

Thank you all for your support, that was my first time
Old 03-28-2015, 07:45 AM

Question first time nerves :-)

Hi. Like actarus1011 I'm about to embark on my first coding attempt and decided to go for something simple like 'INBAND RINGING'.

With invaluable support from people like shawnsheridan I have successfully managed to connect to my F10, read and make backup copies of FA, SVT and CAFD's.

Where I am stuck is that I find a setting for 'INBAND RINGING' in *TWO* different CAFD's.

It first appears in a CAF called "HU_CICHB" under "3003 TELEFON_TELEMATIK_ONLINE"
and again in a CAF called "Combox_Media" under "3001 TELEPHONE_PARAMETER"

Which should I edit? Or have I misunderstood the whole SVT tree / CAFD layout thing completely? Are coding changes only possible in *some* CAFD files; others being purely informational?
I've been through the various beginner's guides and coding advice and watched the FDL Coding Demo video (in which I love the term "sweating bullets" by the way :-) but if there are some other intro docs I should be studying I'd be grateful if someone could guide me to them.

As always, any and all advice gratefully received.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
You can code both, it won't hurt anything, but "Combox_Media" is the one you want.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips