Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacoj View Post
I try today, nothing can be update ><
Do I need 49.1??
No. I had it working on 47.7. I don't know why you can't make yours work.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 04-24-2013, 10:37 AM

Mein Auto: F25 X3
Coding Internet over Bluetooth and not over BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
No. I had it working on 47.7. I don't know why you can't make yours work.
Hi Shawn,
I think my cic is Chinese package, that is why I can not use Internet, what do you think?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-24-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Hi Shawn,
I think my cic is Chinese package, that is why I can not use Internet, what do you think?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I think I don't know why yours will not work.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 04-25-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I think I don't know why yours will not work.
How long did you update for the software??
Do you know how many MB for the software??

Thanks
Old 04-25-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
How long did you update for the software??
Do you know how many MB for the software??

Thanks
What do you mean by update software?

If you are referring to updating Services under the iDrive options, it is maybe 60 seconds.

If you are referring to updating your Combox software via USB port, it is maybe 3 minutes at most.

I have no idea much data is transferred in either case.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
What do you mean by update software?

If you are referring to updating Services under the iDrive options, it is maybe 60 seconds.

If you are referring to updating your Combox software via USB port, it is maybe 3 minutes at most.

I have no idea much data is transferred in either case.
I had ask the Patryk about this and he told me "It's not possible to enable the Internet/BMW Live in the China spec BMW."
Also I had ask someone in Europe, He told me I need to "programming" to enable it.
What do you think??

Do you know what kind of software for the programming??

thanks
Old 04-30-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I had ask the Patryk about this and he told me "It's not possible to enable the Internet/BMW Live in the China spec BMW."
Also I had ask someone in Europe, He told me I need to "programming" to enable it.
What do you think??

Do you know what kind of software for the programming??

thanks
I think the person in Europe who advised that it needed "programming" is referring to what you have already tried.

I also think that if Patryk advised that Internet / BMW Live is not available on China spec BMW, than what he said is true. Patryk is an authority on this stuff, it is how he earns his living, and frankly I would not waste my time questioning anything he says related to BMW, as it is pretty much Gospel.

As you are painfully aware firsthand I am sure, the Internet in China is government controlled and censored. I am sure your car has Option Code L8AAA National version China, and this Country Controller code dictates many things that your car can and can't do, and I am sure Internet / BMW Live is on the can't do list.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
I think the person in Europe who advised that it needed "programming" is referring to what you have already tried.

I also think that if Patryk advised that Internet / BMW Live is not available on China spec BMW, than what he said is true. Patryk is an authority on this stuff, it is how he earns his living, and frankly I would not waste my time questioning anything he says related to BMW, as it is pretty much Gospel.

As you are painfully aware firsthand I am sure, the Internet in China is government controlled and censored. I am sure your car has Option Code L8AAA National version China, and this Country Controller code dictates many things that your car can and can't do, and I am sure Internet / BMW Live is on the can't do list.
But I live in Taiwan, It is different with China. so I don't know why Patryk said my is China spec. It's is a Free country in Taiwan doesn't like China.

I don't have option L8AAA but I have S8LTA Country controller, I have try to delete it but my navigation will have funy words on map(didn't look like Chinese) and the interface have changed some function can not work.

I think I need to find out what VO should I change to make it work. Maybe it's need to change everything to English version, but the navigation will can not use Chinese

I will find out every VO code mean then to change it. good luck to me
Old 04-30-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
But I live in Taiwan, It is different with China. so I don't know why Patryk said my is China spec. It's is a Free country in Taiwan doesn't like China.

I don't have option L8AAA but I have S8LTA Country controller, I have try to delete it but my navigation will have funy words on map(didn't look like Chinese) and the interface have changed some function can not work.

I think I need to find out what VO should I change to make it work. Maybe it's need to change everything to English version, but the navigation will can not use Chinese

I will find out every VO code mean then to change it. good luck to me
Well, lucky you.

Maybe he confused the Republic of China (Taiwan) with being the People's Republic of China (China)?

Did you explain to him you were in Taiwan and not China?

Old 05-01-2013, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Well, lucky you.

Maybe he confused the Republic of China (Taiwan) with being the People's Republic of China (China)?

Did you explain to him you were in Taiwan and not China?
He just said "It does not work in the Taiwan spec cars either."

No chance, so sad....

that's why my Internet/BMW Live words not turn white color, I think.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i XDrive
My experience trying to activate internet

Hi:

My car is equipped with options 609 and 6NH, since I have a Combox Media (part 84.10-9 257150 01), I change the VO from 6NH to 6NK, this gave me audio BT, office, album art and I was able to use the white iPhone cable. After that change my menu looked like this (see 1st pic)

The BMW Assist options are phone numbers for Roadside Assistance, Customer Relations and Your Service Center.

I followed the steps of this post
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=70

I added 614, 615, 616, 6AL and 6AB to my FA and VO CODE HU_CIC and VO CODE CMB_MEDIA, this didn't give the BT Data transfer on my car. I have to FDL to activate DUN and PAN, this gave me the BT data transfer option (see 2nd and 3rd pic)

Now with the BT data transfer option enabled, I get the message to activate data services for BT (see last pic) even though the hotspot is enabled on my phone.

Why I don't understand why I have the Roadside assistance prompt to start the service (see 4th pic), also the option to update services is greyed out and the services available as BMW online, Internet, Roadside assistance and Teleservice report.

After all these work I can't connect to the internet, I havent try to add option 6VCA to my VO, I don't know if that would make a difference.

Any tips or suggestions are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2471.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	374274   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2541.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	374275   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2562.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	374276   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2564.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	374277   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2543.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	374278  

Old 05-01-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristras View Post
Hi:

My car is equipped with options 609 and 6NH, since I have a Combox Media (part 84.10-9 257150 01), I change the VO from 6NH to 6NK, this gave me audio BT, office, album art and I was able to use the white iPhone cable. After that change my menu looked like this (see 1st pic)

The BMW Assist options are phone numbers for Roadside Assistance, Customer Relations and Your Service Center.

I added 614, 615, 616, 6AL and 6AB to my FA and VO CODE HU_CIC and VO CODE CMB_MEDIA, this didn't give the BT Data transfer on my car. I have to FDL to activate DUN and PAN, this gave me the BT data transfer option (see 2nd and 3rd pic)

Now with the BT data transfer option enabled, I get the message to activate data services for BT (see last pic) even though the hotspot is enabled on my phone.

Why I don't understand why I have the Roadside assistance prompt to start the service (see 4th pic), also the option to update services is greyed out and the services available as BMW online, Internet, Roadside assistance and Teleservice report.

After all these work I can't connect to the internet, I havent try to add option 6VCA to my VO, I don't know if that would make a difference.

Your link does not work.

Did you write a magic VIN to your Combox?

Old 05-01-2013, 09:14 PM

Yes, I did the change with the Coding VIN and used a different VIN with 614 and 615

Quote:
Your link does not work.

Did you write a magic VIN to your Combox?
Old 05-01-2013, 09:31 PM

Adding the link:

Quote:
Yes, I did the change with the Coding VIN and used a different VIN with 614 and 615
Old 05-02-2013, 07:58 AM

Mein Auto: F30 328xi
Quote:
Hi:

I am in the exact same situation (CDN 328xi), I thought it was a problem with android but I guess there are still something missing in coding.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:59 PM

Mein Auto: 525d E60 LCI
E60 lci 2009 internet question.

Hello i have a stupid question about activating online services and internet in my e60, i have it only a week, as i read, in E 60 is not a combox, do i need combox for using internet, or i will to use ncs and some coding, i have a samsung galaxy nexus with BT tethering enabled and when i pair it into car i dont hava any data options.and when i click to internet or any with online servisec it shows me ONLINE SERVICES NOT ENABLED OR CONTRACT EXPIRED.

i apologise for it but im new and i have a read a couple of posts and i have a big head from it and you are the best solution to ask.

thank you and regards from slovakia.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyri View Post
Hello i have a stupid question about activating online services and internet in my e60, i have it only a week, as i read, in E 60 is not a combox, do i need combox for using internet, or i will to use ncs and some coding, i have a samsung galaxy nexus with BT tethering enabled and when i pair it into car i dont hava any data options.and when i click to internet or any with online servisec it shows me ONLINE SERVICES NOT ENABLED OR CONTRACT EXPIRED.

i apologise for it but im new and i have a read a couple of posts and i have a big head from it and you are the best solution to ask.

thank you and regards from slovakia.
Yes, for Internet via Bluetooth, you need a Combox.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:14 PM

thank you for quick reply, so its there any other way to get online in e60 cic ?
my options in car :
S609A NAVIGATIONSSYSTEM PROFESSIONAL Navigation system Professional
S612A BMW ASSIST BMW Assist
S614A INTERNET VORBEREITUNG Internet, preparations
S615A ERWEITERTE BMW ONLINE INFORMATION Expanded BMW Online Information
S616A BMW ONLINE BMW Online
S620A SPRACHEINGABESYSTEM Voice control
S633A HANDY VORB. BUSINESS/BLUETOOTH-SCH. Preparation, mobile phone, Business
S676A HIFI LAUTSPRECHERSYSTEM HiFi speaker system
S698A AREA-CODE 2 Area-Code 2 for DVD
S6AAA BMW TELESERVICES BMW TeleServices
S6ABA STEUERUNG TELESERVICES Control for Teleservices
P735A BASICPACKAGE Basic Package
S7SPA NAVI PROFESSINAL M.HANDYVORB.BLUETOOTH Nav Professional/cellph. prep. Bluetooth
L801A DEUTSCHLAND-AUSFUEHRUNG NATIONAL VERSION GERMANY
S863A SERVICE KONTAKT-FLYER EUROPA Retailer Directory Europe

so there was no combox mountings in e60.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
thank you for quick reply, so its there any other way to get online in e60 cic ?
my options in car :
S609A NAVIGATIONSSYSTEM PROFESSIONAL Navigation system Professional
S612A BMW ASSIST BMW Assist
S614A INTERNET VORBEREITUNG Internet, preparations
S615A ERWEITERTE BMW ONLINE INFORMATION Expanded BMW Online Information
S616A BMW ONLINE BMW Online
S620A SPRACHEINGABESYSTEM Voice control
S633A HANDY VORB. BUSINESS/BLUETOOTH-SCH. Preparation, mobile phone, Business
S676A HIFI LAUTSPRECHERSYSTEM HiFi speaker system
S698A AREA-CODE 2 Area-Code 2 for DVD
S6AAA BMW TELESERVICES BMW TeleServices
S6ABA STEUERUNG TELESERVICES Control for Teleservices
P735A BASICPACKAGE Basic Package
S7SPA NAVI PROFESSINAL M.HANDYVORB.BLUETOOTH Nav Professional/cellph. prep. Bluetooth
L801A DEUTSCHLAND-AUSFUEHRUNG NATIONAL VERSION GERMANY
S863A SERVICE KONTAKT-FLYER EUROPA Retailer Directory Europe

so there was no combox mountings in e60.
The Combox was not introduced until 10/2010. You could retrofit one in your E60 and replace your MULF.

You car shows Option 614. Is that your factory VO, or did you add 614 to your VO?

Old 05-03-2013, 11:30 PM

that is all from factory. i dont know if i want to put combox in this car, but is nice to have that functions, maybe later because it spents some bucks... its somenthin special with that option that i have? and second questions i found two types of combox, BN2000 and BN2010, i think 200 is for E and 2010 for F series or its onle newer and older?
Old 05-04-2013, 03:19 AM

Quote:
that is all from factory. i dont know if i want to put combox in this car, but is nice to have that functions, maybe later because it spents some bucks... its somenthin special with that option that i have? and second questions i found two types of combox, BN2000 and BN2010, i think 200 is for E and 2010 for F series or its onle newer and older?
Your car has BMW Assist (Bluetooth Option 633), and with factory 614, Internet is a paid service though BMW Assist, and is via the car's TCU SIM Card. I think you could just contact BMW Assist, and setup this service.

If you want Internet via Bluetooth though instead, then you need Combox.

Yes, I think that is correct. The Combox differs from Exx and Fxx Chassis, but also within each you have Combox Media and Combox Telematics which also includes BMW Assist.

Combox Installation Instruction for Exx Series BMW.pdf

Old 05-04-2013, 10:11 AM

thank you very much for acknowledgement, because i find two types of combox, and one looking foe f series had a better price
http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-Combox-Te...item565529d5f5

and this
http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-E87-E88-E...item35c63beee3

so i must use the older one or in not depemnds of the type?

thank you very much.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
thank you very much for acknowledgement, because i find two types of combox, and one looking foe f series had a better price
http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-Combox-Te...item565529d5f5

and this
http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-E87-E88-E...item35c63beee3

so i must use the older one or in not depemnds of the type?

thank you very much.
Yes, you must use an Exx BN2000 Combox, and within that, you need to decide if you just go with Combox Media or a Combox Telematics. You will need a Combox Telematics version if you want to keep BMW Assist functionality. If not, you can go with Combox Media.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:26 PM

Mein Auto: BMW F10
Hello,

I'd like to try this out as well.

Here is my factory VO list:

S612A BMW Assist BMW Assist
S614A Internet Vorbereitung Internet, preparations
S615A Erweiterte BMW Online Information Expanded BMW Online Information
S616A BMW Online BMW Online
S620A Spracheingabe Voice control
S633A Vorbereitung Handy Business Preparation, mobile phone, Business
S698A Area-Code 2 für DVD Area-Code 2 for DVD
S6AAA BMW TeleServices BMW TeleServices
S6ABA Steuerung Teleservices Control for Teleservices
S6VCA Steuerung Combox Control for Combox

Now if I understood correctly i dont need a fake VIN and i need to do following steps:

Change VO as follows:

+ 644
+ 6AL

VO CODE HU_CIC
VO CODE CMB_MEDIA

1) Enable Data Transfer Option Under Phone
2) Enable Bluetooth Data Tethering on Phone
3) Under Connected drive; Update services (should show BMW Live and Internet services)
4) Go to BMW Live and Internet and make sure it it working

Are these correct steps in my case ?

Thanks for the help
Old 05-04-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n9500 View Post
Hello,

I'd like to try this out as well.

Here is my factory VO list:

S612A BMW Assist BMW Assist
S614A Internet Vorbereitung Internet, preparations
S615A Erweiterte BMW Online Information Expanded BMW Online Information
S616A BMW Online BMW Online
S620A Spracheingabe Voice control
S633A Vorbereitung Handy Business Preparation, mobile phone, Business
S698A Area-Code 2 für DVD Area-Code 2 for DVD
S6AAA BMW TeleServices BMW TeleServices
S6ABA Steuerung Teleservices Control for Teleservices
S6VCA Steuerung Combox Control for Combox

Now if I understood correctly i dont need a fake VIN and i need to do following steps:

Change VO as follows:

+ 644
+ 6AL

VO CODE HU_CIC
VO CODE CMB_MEDIA

1) Enable Data Transfer Option Under Phone
2) Enable Bluetooth Data Tethering on Phone
3) Under Connected drive; Update services (should show BMW Live and Internet services)
4) Go to BMW Live and Internet and make sure it it working

Are these correct steps in my case ?

Thanks for the help
Yes, for factory 614, this looks correct.