Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscalissi View Post
Dear Shawn,
First I would like to congratulate about all your posts...You are a genius.
So now, I have a Germany F30 in Brazil with Navigation and BT, and I change the 6NH to 6NL to activation BT AUDIO and OFFICE.
IN CAFD I changed some parameters to have Internet in Service, and yesterday I made my first connection in some sites.
Today I received a message that the Internet can't estabilish connection...so what is my problem? Can you please help me?
I tried change the parameters to have internet in motion too, but nothing yet was discovery.
Another point, I have an iPhone 5 (ios 6) with the lastest updated from BMW, but I can't read any messages or email, any solution for this?
Thanks for everything.
Regards.
Marcelo
So Internet was working, and now suddenly it is not working? Sometine the BMW Server is down, so maybe it is working again?

For phone messaging, is BT MAP protocol enabled on the iPhone?

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 02-24-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:38 PM

Mein Auto: BMW F30 320i
Cool Office and BMW Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
So Internet was working, and now suddenly it is not working? Sometine the BMW Server is down, so maybe it is working again?

For phone messaging, is BT MAP protocol enabled on the iPhone?
The internet is working now, but the BMW Online I never can access.
I don't have the login and password for this and is unvailable in my country...
About rhe office, my iPhone 5 have the options enable to show email and messages in lock screen, banner, and all options in bluetooth settings...It's strange that in BMW when I click the button option (iDrive) in the screen BMW Service I can see Data Transfer but always is deactivaded.
Another question is about 6NR...it's not possible activate this without pay to retroffit?
The skills for iPod is terrible.
Thanks once again.
Regards.
Marcelo
Old 02-24-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
The internet is working now, but the BMW Online I never can access.
I don't have the login and password for this and is unvailable in my country...
About rhe office, my iPhone 5 have the options enable to show email and messages in lock screen, banner, and all options in bluetooth settings...It's strange that in BMW when I click the button option (iDrive) in the screen BMW Service I can see Data Transfer but always is deactivaded.
Another question is about 6NR...it's not possible activate this without pay to retroffit?
The skills for iPod is terrible.
Thanks once again.
Regards.
Marcelo
BMW Online is though BMW Assist I believe, and with Internet, it is usually paired instead with BMW Live. I have you added 6AL to your VO, and coded it?

I don't know what is up with your BT data connection for email.

For 6NR, you don't need to pay for a retrofit per se', but at the minimum, you do need to buy the FSC Code. There is no way around it.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Old 02-24-2013, 03:42 PM

Thanks again,
My car already was delivery with 6AL...
Vin - J407461.
Do you know where and how much to buy FSC Code?
I tried to add in the VO just but I don't know how I need to enter the code.
Office today worked for messages (just for delivery when I stay on the car) but not working for emails.
Regards
Old 02-24-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Thanks again,
My car already was delivery with 6AL...
Vin - J407461.
Do you know where and how much to buy FSC Code?
I tried to add in the VO just but I don't know how I need to enter the code.
Office today worked for messages (just for delivery when I stay on the car) but not working for emails.
Regards
Weird. If your car came with 6AL, and you have ONLINE_BROWSER_LIVE= aktiv, it should be working.

iOS6 is new to adding office functionality, and they are working the bugs out still. Make sure your Combox has the latest software too as BMW has added / improved support for iPhone devices recently:

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/nav...update_vin.jsp

I will PM you a link for 6NR FSC Code.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:55 PM

Thanks
Do you think that it's a good investment?
I'm not sure about this.
Regards
Old 02-24-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Thanks
Do you think that it's a good investment?
I'm not sure about this.
Regards
I did it just for Pandora and other streaming music. I could give a crap less about Facebook and Twitter though, which I now have, nor Video, which I don't have since I don't have 6NF to go with it.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:13 PM

Mein Auto: 535i xDrive
So Shawn... how is the Internet/Live working with the actual in-car calls ? Cause if I understand BT data and BT calls can't coexist, right ?
What I mean is, say the weather... How it pulls updates while in motion ?
2011 F10 535i xDrive MY 01/2011 Sophisto Grey/Black
Old 03-01-2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gicamuci View Post
So Shawn... how is the Internet/Live working with the actual in-car calls ? Cause if I understand BT data and BT calls can't coexist, right ?
What I mean is, say the weather... How it pulls updates while in motion ?
Well, Internet is disabled at about 2 MPH, and I think BMW Live was too. I disabled all that crap shortly after doing it as it is pretty much worthless as I stated in Post 68:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=68.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:18 PM

Mein Auto: 5 series
My experiences

Hi everyone, I would like to share my experiences about the BMW live and Internet over the BT internet.

First Step, I edited the my original FA file:

-Read FA, Save as a FA, then click Edit Button,
-Add SALPA to followings (if you don't have in your FA) : 614, 615, 6AB, and 6AL
-Also Delete or Edit your Bluetooth 612 to 644. (If your Bluetooth is another code, delete)
-Then Calculate FA, if no error, save it

Second Step is to VO code new SALPA elements to the car:

-Load the saved FA file, then activated it. (you don't need to write this FA the car)
-VO code the Media and HU_CIC
-Reset your CIC unit by pressing the mute button while 20-25 seconds.
-Wait 1-2 minutes after the CIC Unit starts, Check BMW Live and Internet is there,
-If Yes, everything is OK, follow the next step.

Third Step is Create a FA file with FAKE VIN number

-Before this step, don't forget the change TELEMATIK_VIN = Coding_VIN and FDL code it,
-Find a VIN number which has 614 and 615 in factory. www.bmwvin.com will help you to decode your fake VIN.
-Load your FA file which has been created on first step, then save as Fake FA and Click Edit button.
-Replace your original VIN number with a FAKE VIN, then Calculate FA and Save it.
-Load the FAKE FA, activate it and FDL code to MEDIA CAFD.
-Read the VCM, and Read the MEDIA ECU, that will show the FAKE VIN.
-If it is OK, Reset you CIC Unit again, and connect your BT and Update connectedrive Services ones.
-When update completed, try Internet and Live. Must Work
-After that, Load your the FA which is on first step, Activate it and Read the MEDIA ECU.
-Edit FDL, Change the TELEMATIK_VIN = MOST_VIN.
-Save it, and FDL code to the car.
-Everything will work but be careful, don't update connectedrive services any more.

Thanks to shawnsheridan, he is star of the f10 coding.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdengurcan View Post
Hi everyone, I would like to share my experiences about the BMW live and Internet over the BT internet.

First Step, I edited the my original FA file:

-Read FA, Save as a FA, then click Edit Button,
-Add SALPA to followings (if you don't have in your FA) : 614, 615, 6AB, and 6AL
-Also Delete or Edit your Bluetooth 612 to 644. (If your Bluetooth is another code, delete)
-Then Calculate FA, if no error, save it

Second Step is to VO code new SALPA elements to the car:

-Load the saved FA file, then activated it. (you don't need to write this FA the car)
-VO code the Media and HU_CIC
-Reset your CIC unit by pressing the mute button while 20-25 seconds.
-Wait 1-2 minutes after the CIC Unit starts, Check BMW Live and Internet is there,
-If Yes, everything is OK, follow the next step.

Third Step is Create a FA file with FAKE VIN number

-Before this step, don't forget the change TELEMATIK_VIN = Coding_VIN and FDL code it,
-Find a VIN number which has 614 and 615 in factory. www.bmwvin.com will help you to decode your fake VIN.
-Load your FA file which has been created on first step, then save as Fake FA and Click Edit button.
-Replace your original VIN number with a FAKE VIN, then Calculate FA and Save it.
-Load the FAKE FA, activate it and FDL code to MEDIA CAFD.
-Read the VCM, and Read the MEDIA ECU, that will show the FAKE VIN.
-If it is OK, Reset you CIC Unit again, and connect your BT and Update connectedrive Services ones.
-When update completed, try Internet and Live. Must Work
-After that, Load your the FA which is on first step, Activate it and Read the MEDIA ECU.
-Edit FDL, Change the TELEMATIK_VIN = MOST_VIN.
-Save it, and FDL code to the car.
-Everything will work but be careful, don't update connectedrive services any more.

Thanks to shawnsheridan, he is star of the f10 coding.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93
Hi Shawn,

Just an update on my problem. Car was updated to 48.3 using ISTA-P and it seams that because in the original VO options 614,615,etc. were not present, ISTA erased or altered somehow the config_index data sets used for internet/bmw live connection. Thats why i was getting "homepage not available" error.
I downgraded car to ilevel 47 and now everything works normal, both internet and BMW Live. This was the first car i run into problems with internet activation but also was the first car at ilevel 48.3.
It is interesting to find out if indeed BMW takes decisive actions to fight unauthorized internet activation, and how exactly is modified the programming plan in ilevel 48.3

Also at 48.3, when you revert the combox to MOST_VIN, after it restarts i noticed its doing by default an "Update Services" which renders the internet inactive again.

Last edited by neo_andersson; 03-13-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_andersson View Post
Hi Shawn,

Just an update on my problem. Car was updated to 48.3 using ISTA-P and it seams that because in the original VO options 614,615,etc. were not present, ISTA erased or altered somehow the config_index data sets used for internet/bmw live connection. Thats why i was getting "homepage not available" error.
I downgraded car to ilevel 47 and now everything works normal, both internet and BMW Live. This was the first car i run into problems with internet activation but also was the first car at ilevel 48.3.
It is interesting to find out if indeed BMW takes decisive actions to fight unauthorized internet activation, and how exactly is modified the programming plan in ilevel 48.3

Also at 48.3, when you revert the combox to MOST_VIN, after it restarts i noticed its doing by default an "Update Services" which renders the internet inactive again.
Hmm...auto update of services is not good. Thanks for the information.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:49 AM

Mein Auto: F10
Does anyone know what is the DATACOM_INTERFACE in HU_CIC/ 3003_TELEFON_TELEMATIK_ONLINE ?
Its set on combox.
It has 2 more options: tcu_mulf and inbox

Is this maybe related to the Data connectivity for Internet?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.chris View Post
Does anyone know what is the DATACOM_INTERFACE in HU_CIC/ 3003_TELEFON_TELEMATIK_ONLINE ?
Its set on combox.
It has 2 more options: tcu_mulf and inbox

Is this maybe related to the Data connectivity for Internet?
This code tells CIC whether the car has a single Combox, or whether it has the older separate TCU and MULF modules for Telematics and Bluetooth. I am not sure what the thrid Inbox setting is for though.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:29 AM

Mein Auto: F10
I found the inbox in descriptions everywhere the BT cafd is.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i XDrive
I tried to FDL the modified VIN to COMBOX and got an error at the end:
" Transaktions-Report: Aktion: FDL Codieren
CMB_MEDIA [36]
cdDeploy ProcessedWithError
cafd_000005b6-004_002_010 Processed"

When I read the coding data for that module, I get [yyyyyyy] as the VIN, should I add the CAFD again?

Regards,
Old 03-31-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristras View Post
I tried to FDL the modified VIN to COMBOX and got an error at the end:
" Transaktions-Report: Aktion: FDL Codieren
CMB_MEDIA [36]
cdDeploy ProcessedWithError
cafd_000005b6-004_002_010 Processed"

When I read the coding data for that module, I get [yyyyyyy] as the VIN, should I add the CAFD again?

Regards,
PM sent.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:12 AM

Mein Auto: F25 X3
Hi Shawn,
I don't know what's happened about my internet funtion
Can you help me to look it, under the "BMW Live" is "Internet" mean

Why I can't select it??

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0711.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	370306  
Old 04-08-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacoj View Post
Hi Shawn,
I don't know what's happened about my internet funtion
Can you help me to look it, under the "BMW Live" is "Internet" mean

Why I can't select it??

Thanks
I don't understand. Was Internet always there and working, but now suddenly you can't select it, or did you code it to be there, and can't select it?

Old 04-08-2013, 06:25 PM

I Just code by your step and code
HU_CIC:

CONNECTED_DRIVE = aktiv
ONLINE_BROWSER = beide_aktiv
ONLINE_BROWSER_LIVE = aktiv (if also +6AL)
ONLINE_SERVICES = aktiv
ONLINE_SERVICES_GLS = aktiv

CMB_MEDIA:

SIM_ENABLED_MB = csim
DATACOMM_CSIM = aktiv
DUN_PROFILE = aktiv

and then the BMW Live and Internet is show up but reverse select function

so sad
Old 04-08-2013, 06:31 PM

it's my FA

[7] 216_SERVOTRONIC
[19] 316_AUTOM_OPERATION_TAILGATE
[29] 402_PANORAMA_GLASS_ROOF
[34] 423_FLOOR_MATS_VELOUR
[35] 428_WARNING_TRIANGLE
[36] 430_INTER_EXTER_MIRROR_ANTI_DAZZLE
[37] 431_INTERIOR_REAR_VIEW_MIRROR_ANTI_DAZZLE
[45] 459_SEAT_ADJUSTM_ELECTR_MEMORY_DRIVER_FRNT_PASS
[51] 481_SPORT_SEATS_DRIVER_FRONT_PASSENGER
[52] 488_LUMBAR_SUPPORT_DRIVER_FRONT_PASSENGER
[53] 493_STORAGE_COMPARTMENT_PACKAGE
[60] 508_PARKDISTANCECONTROL
[61] 520_FOG_LIGHTS
[62] 521_RAIN_SENSOR
[63] 522_XENON_LIGHT
[66] 534_AUTOM_AIR_CONDITION
[69] 544_CRUISE_CONTROL_BRAKING_FUNCT
[71] 563_LIGHTS_PACKAGE
[79] 609_NAVIGATION_SYSTEM_PROFESSIONAL
[80] 610_HEAD_UP_DISPLAY
[83] 616_BMWONLINE
[84] 620_VOICE_CONTROL
[89] 644_PREPARATION_MOBILE_PHONE_BLUETOOTH
[192] 465_THROUG_LOADING_SYST_INCLUDING_SKIBAG
[193] 548_SPEEDOMETER_KM
[198] 825_RADIO_CONTROL_OCEANIA
[206] 874_RADIO_FREQUENCY_434MHZ
[220] 925_SHIPPING_PROTECTION_PACKAGE
[224] 992_CONTROL_NUMBER_PLATE_ATTACHMENT
[225] 993_MODEL_YEAR_CODE
[227] 1CA_SELECTION_COP_RELEVANT
[382] 1CD_BRAKE_ENERGY_REGENERATION
[407] 6AB_CONTROL_BMW_TELESERVICES
[466] 1CC_AUTOMATIC_START_STOP_FUNCTION
[524] 571_BOOSTED_POWER_SUPPLY
[551] 8LT_COUNTRY_CONTROL_TAIWAN_04825
[558] 249_MULTIFUNCTION_F0R_STEERING_WHEEL
[567] 3AH_REAR_VIEW_CAMERA_WITH_TOP_VIEW
[581] 9AA_EXTERNAL_SKIN_PROTECTION
[612] 614_PREPARATION_INTERNET
[613] 615_EXTENDED_BMW_ONLINE_INFO
[639] 6VC_CONTROL_COMBOX
[658] 8AS_OWNERS_HANDBOOK_SERVICE_BOOKLET_CHINA_TRAD
[670] 3XL_X_LINE
[1061] 3AT_ROOF_RAILS_ALUMINIUM_SATINATED
[1084] 953_V5_IC_PACKAGE_2
[1092] 413_LUGGAGE_COMPARTMENT_NET
[1146] 258_RUNFLAT_TYRES
[1171] 3AW_WASHER_NOZZLES_WITHOUT_HEATING
[1190] 2K8_L_ALLOY_WHEELS_V_SPOKE_307
[1193] 4U2_ECO_MANAGER
[1231] 8KE_OIL_MAINTENANCE_INTERVAL_12TKM_24MON
[1257] 7XA_M_LEATH_STEERING_WHEEL_PADDLES_MULTIF
[1272] 6NK_EXT_CONNECTION_MOBILE_EQUIPMENT
[1350] 8TN_DAYTIME_LIGHTS_ABOUT_LIGHTMENU_ADJUSTABLE
[1369] 4CH_FINE_WOOD_TRIM_FINELINE_WAVE
[1479] 6VA_CIC_CONTROL
[1777] 6AL_BMW_LIVE

anything wrong here or missing??
Old 04-08-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
I Just code by your step and code
HU_CIC:

CONNECTED_DRIVE = aktiv
ONLINE_BROWSER = beide_aktiv
ONLINE_BROWSER_LIVE = aktiv (if also +6AL)
ONLINE_SERVICES = aktiv
ONLINE_SERVICES_GLS = aktiv

CMB_MEDIA:

SIM_ENABLED_MB = csim
DATACOMM_CSIM = aktiv
DUN_PROFILE = aktiv

and then the BMW Live and Internet is show up but reverse select function

so sad
No, this is my Step-By-Step Guide:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=70

Old 04-08-2013, 07:18 PM

I follow post #185 step
How to do the
VO CODE HU_CIC
VO CODE CMB_MEDIA
(press code FDL??)

any idea with my problem??
or I should do again??
Old 04-08-2013, 07:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i XDrive
How to VO Code:
Connect => Read FA => Activate FA => Read VCM => Right-Click on HU_CIC (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

Do the same for CMB_MEDIA.

Quote:
I follow post #185 step
How to do the
VO CODE HU_CIC
VO CODE CMB_MEDIA
(press code FDL??)

any idea with my problem??
or I should do again??