Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:35 PM

Mein Auto: Lexus
MY 2013 ED MG M-Sport xDrive

Finally got it. The BMW Welt delivery was an awesome experience. Will share some thoughts later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1057.jpg
Views:	749
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	334698   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1058.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	334699   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1059.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	334700   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1060.jpg
Views:	26772
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	334701   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1061.jpg
Views:	842
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	334702  

Name:	DSC_1062.jpg
Views:	849
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	334703   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1063.jpg
Views:	26484
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	334704   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1064.jpg
Views:	36577
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	334705   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1067.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	334706   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1068.jpg
Views:	10360
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	334707  

Name:	DSC_1069.jpg
Views:	28200
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	334708  
Ads by Google
Old 07-28-2012, 07:37 PM

Initial First Day Impression

I just picked it up today and drove it from Munich to Stuttgart. Doing the BMW recommended break in for the first 1,400 miles not to exceed 100 mph or 4,500 rpmís. However they did recommend sporty driving up to those thresholds. Not much time in the seat but enough for some initial first impressions.

BMW Welt stated that this was the first M Sport they have seen. It may very will be the first US spec M Sport in Europe. Not that it means anything but just an observation.

Interior Color
Ordered coral red sight unseen using only the color chart available on the configuration website. Also saw various hues of coral red from various internet picture postings. Glad to say that I was very pleased with the actual hue upon delivery. Itís not a bloody red color but more of a dark textured coral red. I prefer the color contract between the red and black interior as opposed to the interior being black washed or washed out in all neutral colors. Also the color combination between MG and coral red appears to blend nicely.

Variable Steering
Heard both positive and negative comments about variable steering over the years, but I gotta say that I took to variable steering like a duck to water. It just felt natural and made taking swooping curves like circular entry and exit ramps that much easier. Somewhat like riding a motorcycle, I would look where Iím going and with just a little adjustment the car would fall right into the curve. Nicely done.

Adaptive Suspension
My last BMW was a 2006 330i with the RFTís. The RFT technology was relatively new on the scene and still somewhat in the developmental stages for the times. As I recall, the 2006 ride and handling was a bit rough and unforgiving. The only time it had that smooth as glass feel was on a fresh patch of black asphalt that was recently completed. I was pleasantly surprised with the summer RFT on the 2013 beemer. The ride and handling was much smoother and had a decent amount of that gliding on ice effect. Not sure if itís advancement on RFT technology or the adaptive suspension or maybe some combination of both. I have already decided to go with regular tubeless tires this winter.

Wheels
Struggled with deciding on 19Ē or 18Ē wheels. The 19Ē wheels fit the wheel wells nicely and look aesthetically appealing relative to the 18Ē. However I opted for the 18Ē wheels as the ride and handling characteristics was higher on my priority list over aesthetic appeal. I may convert the stock wheels into winter tires and look for a lighter (weight wise) wheel for summer tires next season.

Driving Modes
Only used comfort and eco-mode during the drive back. Itís readily apparent that the comfort mode and higher has better throttle response. So in the bottle necked construction sites where the traffic is reduced to a crawl, the eco-mode works best. Thereís no reason to waste gas with an active throttle response when itís stop and crawl traffic. I could see using eco-mode when living and driving through Chicagoís congested traffic that is reduced to crawl speed in many instances.

ASS
Recall reading a couple treads where the engine start felt somewhat abrupt and with a shudder. BMW may have addressed this issue on the MY 2013 as the engine restart felt rather tame. It felt much more tamer then the 335i that I recall test-driving a couple months ago. In construction zone crawl traffic, I turned ASS off but turned it back on in city traffic where I would come to a stop at red lights. The flexibility of turning it off and on as needed worked rather well.

Horsepower
Donít have enough mileage or time to make a meaningful contribution at this time. However I did vary my speed on the autobahn and at times accelerated with moderate sportiness within the break-in limitations. Gotta say that even with moderate acceleration, the handling was perky and the low to mid range power came on strong. My other car in the states is a Porsche Cayman. The Cayman is all about handling and weight distribution. I have a feeling that I will be more then impressed with the beemer once we get the juices flowing.

Handling
The balance and combination of power and handling makes the BMW a BMW. Lithe, agile, tactile, and precise, itís like a muscular panther in its prime patiently prowling, hunting, pouncing, and attacking for the kill with precision deadly accuracy when needed. What more can I say. It handles great. This of course is a qualified response as Iíve only had it for one day (actually less but more on that in another post). I will need more time with it in the Black Forest. The combination of xDrive, summer tires, and adaptive suspension seem to contribute to itís overall handling capability. More to come.

The sport seats are to die for. I have a slender athletic build and it holds me very nicely with good support. Also the Dakota Leather breathes better than ette. I did not have the dewy clammy feeling on my seat bottom like the ette. Would recommend leather for anyone on the fence.

Other then one bad experience I had today which I will go into in another post, I have nothing bad to say about the car so far. Iím still in my honeymoon phase and just trying to get better acquainted with the car at this time. It will be more telling after Iíve spent some time with it in the Black Forest or better yet Stelvio Pass in Switzerland.

Added Options
133Z xDrive
B39 Mineral Gray
LCL5 Coral Red w/Black Highlights
2TB Sport Auto Transmission
ZMM M Sport Line
ZPT Summer Performance Tires
ZTP Technology Package
494 Heated Front Seats
ZDH Dynamic Handling (Variable Steering & Adaptive Suspension)
2PE 400M 18Ē Alloy Wheels with mixed tires (18x8 front, 18x8.5 rear)
417 Rear Window Shades
320 Delete Badge
Old 07-29-2012, 10:00 AM
LOVE THE WAY YOU ARE

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328I M SPORTLINE
that's cool....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	QQ***25130;***22270;20120730005548.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	334790  

Last edited by fuhai9; 08-18-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhai9 View Post
that's cool....but I think in US the exhaust should like this..
Yes, for a 328i. OP bought a 335i.

2013 535i M-Sport, Jet Black/Black Nappa Leather-Premium-Technology-Driver's Assistance-Luxury Seat-Soft Close Doors-Premium Sound-Sport Auto Transmission-35% Ceramic Tint.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Congrats!

The M front bumper really fixes the weird droopy front nicely, but the blocky rear bumper and high ride (xi spec) takes away some of the improvement in looks, IMO.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevins950 View Post
Finally got it. The BMW Welt delivery was an awesome experience. Will share some thoughts later.
hubba, hubba, hubba.......Congrats!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 07-29-2012, 02:06 PM
BMW Platinum Visaģ Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Congrats!

The M front bumper really fixes the weird droopy front nicely, but the blocky rear bumper and high ride (xi spec) takes away some of the improvement in looks, IMO.

I agree with you on the rear bumper (too blocky) but the front bumper is too close to the E90 LCI with its swoopy smile, makes the car look like an E90 LCI M-Sport which is not much fun. The F30 standard nose looks different and, IMHO, aggressive enough. I'm not sure why the standard E90 LCI nose was the inspiration for the F30 M-Sport nose, but it's what it is.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronicģ | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Packageģ

Last edited by boltjaM3s; 07-29-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Great pictures and write up! I updated the Mineral Grey thread with a couple of your pictures -

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=634369
Old 07-29-2012, 03:30 PM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post

I agree with you on the rear bumper (too blocky) but the front bumper is too close to the E90 LCI with its swoopy smile, makes the car look like an E90 LCI M-Sport which is not much fun. The F30 standard nose looks different and, IMHO, aggressive enough. I'm not sure why the standard E90 LCI nose was the inspiration for the F30 M-Sport nose, but it's what it is.

BJ
That front nose is on every M-styled car BMW makes. You just aren't paying attention. It's called styling continuity.

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video: https://vimeo.com/60051914
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Old 07-29-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ismagic# View Post
That front nose is on every M-styled car BMW makes. You just aren't paying attention. It's called styling continuity.
I own an M-Sport so I'm well aware of the air scoops and the sharp edges and that's not my point.

What I'm referring to is that large "U" shaped swoop that runs from under the headlamps, down below the license plate, and back up to the headlamps.

"Styling continuity" wouldn't include having the F30 M-Sport front facia look remarkably like the E90 non-M-Sport front facia. That, in my opinion, is a mistake and the primary reason why I didn't decide to re-up into an M-Sport, got the Luxury line instead.

The front of the F30 doesn't look like the E90, but the front of the F30 M-Sport does. That's a miss if you ask me.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronicģ | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Packageģ
Old 07-29-2012, 03:51 PM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
That swoop is on every M-sport and M car. Its become a signature M styling cue. Maybe you should have your man-servant go take pictures for you. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video: https://vimeo.com/60051914
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Old 07-29-2012, 04:30 PM

And here's the rest of the story!

Sad story or funny one depending on one's perspective.

It was raining off and on during the three hour drive home from Munich to Stuttgart. During a torrential heavy down pour a few miles from home, I heard a sudden knock on the driver side door (I think it may have been the door lock) and the brake light indicator came on with the hazard lights flashing. Multiple attempts at turning the hazard lights off did not work. I pulled off on the next exit and found a place to park while the heavy down pour continued. After fiddling with the various switches I found that the door locks, hazard light switch, and navigation menu did not work. When the windshield wiper was turned off it would stop dead mid stream in the middle of the window and not retract into the down position. But it would start again and work fine when the switch was reactivated.

The next action was to turn off the car as if to put it away for the night, give it a few minutes and restart the cars i.e. a soft boot. This required some thought as there was a degree of uncertainty on exactly how the electrical ignition worked. Anyways, no luck. In Germany everything shuts down on Sunday. Itís 4:30 pm on Saturday afternoon. Quick batman, get us to the nearest BMW dealer about 6 clicks down the road. Upon arrival, the dealership is pretty much shut down with the exception of one service person in the shop. He hooks up the diagnosis gizmo to get a read out of the faults. Not sure what faults he got partly due to the language barrier. The service guy disconnects the battery for a hard reboot. Again no luck. He tell me that they will look at it next Monday morning and gives me a Mini Countryman as a replacement car.

Not sure what happened but can only speculate that water may have infiltrated a barrier and possibly short circuited an electrical component. More to follow next week.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:31 PM

Mein Auto: Volvo V70 R& T5, 911 CS4
Nice - What does the MG stand for? I was told I could not get a MY13 M Sport x drive ED until 11 Sept. Am I missing something here? Otherwise, I am very sad as I would probably be picking mine up now in Munich as we couldn't make a mid Sept ED.

Just saw your last message I am no longer so sad for myself but transferring it over to you and your problem. Hope they find it quickly. You are not the first to find a problem in heavy rain.

Last edited by vmpatterson; 07-29-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Kevin update.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ismagic# View Post
That swoop is on every M-sport and M car. Its become a signature M styling cue. Maybe you should have your man-servant go take pictures for you. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

What you're not hearing is that I am comparing the F30 M-Sport to the bone stock E90 LCI. That's what's in the photo. They both have the same swoop.

The mistake in your theory is that BMW took some of that M design language and put it in the bone stock E90 LCI, so now when you look at the F30 M-Sport it looks closer to the bone stock E90 LCI than the F30 which is a bad situation for F30 M-Sport owners who would likely prefer that their cars look fresh and new.

I didn't like it, so I didn't buy it.

BJ

Old 07-29-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmpatterson View Post
Nice - What does the MG stand for? I was told I could not get a MY13 M Sport x drive ED until 11 Sept. Am I missing something here? Otherwise, I am very sad as I would probably be picking mine up now in Munich as we couldn't make a mid Sept ED.
MG is Mineral Grey. I placed the order about two months ago in the same week when the price list for the MY 2013 first came out. Depending on when you ordered, there may be a long list ahead of you. You'll get a kick out of ED.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:12 PM

Mein Auto: Volvo V70 R& T5, 911 CS4
Quote:
MG is Mineral Grey. I placed the order about two months ago in the same week when the price list for the MY 2013 first came out. Depending on when you ordered, there may be a long list ahead of you. You'll get a kick out of ED.
Thanks - I order mine I think at the same time, I think it was the day after the pricing guide came out. The Sales Manager called and got the 11 Sept info the same day. Wonder if they also have a slot system for ED's even thought I was told no. A few weeks later when we decided to go PCD we inquired again about the ED and was told 15 Sept. Now concerned about the PCD date we requested do to the EPA/CARB approval situation. If that falls thru I will be an unhappy camper.

We have done two ED for Volvo's and loved them. Anyway hope your car is fixed quickly and have a great time. Thanks again.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:09 PM
I saw the light!

Mein Auto: 13 F30
Kevins is a member of our military stationed in Germany. That is why he has his early, because he is still living in Germany for the next year and a half.

2013 335i F30 M Sport (ZMM, EBII, ZDH, ZTP, 2TB, 688) My ED Trip
2002 E36/7 Topaz Blue Roadster
BMWCCA Member ID: 456926
Old 07-30-2012, 02:09 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Funny isn't to me... that's quite intereresting. Comfort Access?

Quote:

It was raining off and on during the three hour drive home from Munich to Stuttgart. During a torrential heavy down pour a few miles from home, I heard a sudden knock on the driver side door (I think it may have been the door lock) and the brake light indicator came on with the hazard lights flashing. Multiple attempts at turning the hazard lights off did not work. I pulled off on the next exit and found a place to park while the heavy down pour continued. After fiddling with the various switches I found that the door locks, hazard light switch, and navigation menu did not work. When the windshield wiper was turned off it would stop dead mid stream in the middle of the window and not retract into the down position. But it would start again and work fine when the switch was reactivated.

The next action was to turn off the car as if to put it away for the night, give it a few minutes and restart the cars i.e. a soft boot. This required some thought as there was a degree of uncertainty on exactly how the electrical ignition worked. Anyways, no luck. In Germany everything shuts down on Sunday. Itís 4:30 pm on Saturday afternoon. Quick batman, get us to the nearest BMW dealer about 6 clicks down the road. Upon arrival, the dealership is pretty much shut down with the exception of one service person in the shop. He hooks up the diagnosis gizmo to get a read out of the faults. Not sure what faults he got partly due to the language barrier. The service guy disconnects the battery for a hard reboot. Again no luck. He tell me that they will look at it next Monday morning and gives me a Mini Countryman as a replacement car.

Not sure what happened but can only speculate that water may have infiltrated a barrier and possibly short circuited an electrical component. More to follow next week.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Funny isn't to me... that's quite intereresting. Comfort Access?
Decided to pass on Comfrot Access. Dollar to value just did not add up for me.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:44 AM
Porleau

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 335ix M-Sport
Quote:
I just picked it up today and drove it from Munich to Stuttgart. Doing the BMW recommended break in for the first 1,400 miles not to exceed 100 mph or 4,500 rpmís. However they did recommend sporty driving up to those thresholds. Not much time in the seat but enough for some initial first impressions.

BMW Welt stated that this was the first M Sport they have seen. It may very will be the first US spec M Sport in Europe. Not that it means anything but just an observation.

Interior Color
Ordered coral red sight unseen using only the color chart available on the configuration website. Also saw various hues of coral red from various internet picture postings. Glad to say that I was very pleased with the actual hue upon delivery. Itís not a bloody red color but more of a dark textured coral red. I prefer the color contract between the red and black interior as opposed to the interior being black washed or washed out in all neutral colors. Also the color combination between MG and coral red appears to blend nicely.

Variable Steering
Heard both positive and negative comments about variable steering over the years, but I gotta say that I took to variable steering like a duck to water. It just felt natural and made taking swooping curves like circular entry and exit ramps that much easier. Somewhat like riding a motorcycle, I would look where Iím going and with just a little adjustment the car would fall right into the curve. Nicely done.

Adaptive Suspension
My last BMW was a 2006 330i with the RFTís. The RFT technology was relatively new on the scene and still somewhat in the developmental stages for the times. As I recall, the 2006 ride and handling was a bit rough and unforgiving. The only time it had that smooth as glass feel was on a fresh patch of black asphalt that was recently completed. I was pleasantly surprised with the summer RFT on the 2013 beemer. The ride and handling was much smoother and had a decent amount of that gliding on ice effect. Not sure if itís advancement on RFT technology or the adaptive suspension or maybe some combination of both. I have already decided to go with regular tubeless tires this winter.

Wheels
Struggled with deciding on 19Ē or 18Ē wheels. The 19Ē wheels fit the wheel wells nicely and look aesthetically appealing relative to the 18Ē. However I opted for the 18Ē wheels as the ride and handling characteristics was higher on my priority list over aesthetic appeal. I may convert the stock wheels into winter tires and look for a lighter (weight wise) wheel for summer tires next season.

Driving Modes
Only used comfort and eco-mode during the drive back. Itís readily apparent that the comfort mode and higher has better throttle response. So in the bottle necked construction sites where the traffic is reduced to a crawl, the eco-mode works best. Thereís no reason to waste gas with an active throttle response when itís stop and crawl traffic. I could see using eco-mode when living and driving through Chicagoís congested traffic that is reduced to crawl speed in many instances.

ASS
Recall reading a couple treads where the engine start felt somewhat abrupt and with a shudder. BMW may have addressed this issue on the MY 2013 as the engine restart felt rather tame. It felt much more tamer then the 335i that I recall test-driving a couple months ago. In construction zone crawl traffic, I turned ASS off but turned it back on in city traffic where I would come to a stop at red lights. The flexibility of turning it off and on as needed worked rather well.

Horsepower
Donít have enough mileage or time to make a meaningful contribution at this time. However I did vary my speed on the autobahn and at times accelerated with moderate sportiness within the break-in limitations. Gotta say that even with moderate acceleration, the handling was perky and the low to mid range power came on strong. My other car in the states is a Porsche Cayman. The Cayman is all about handling and weight distribution. I have a feeling that I will be more then impressed with the beemer once we get the juices flowing.

Handling
The balance and combination of power and handling makes the BMW a BMW. Lithe, agile, tactile, and precise, itís like a muscular panther in its prime patiently prowling, hunting, pouncing, and attacking for the kill with precision deadly accuracy when needed. What more can I say. It handles great. This of course is a qualified response as Iíve only had it for one day (actually less but more on that in another post). I will need more time with it in the Black Forest. The combination of xDrive, summer tires, and adaptive suspension seem to contribute to itís overall handling capability. More to come.

The sport seats are to die for. I have a slender athletic build and it holds me very nicely with good support. Also the Dakota Leather breathes better than ette. I did not have the dewy clammy feeling on my seat bottom like the ette. Would recommend leather for anyone on the fence.

Other then one bad experience I had today which I will go into in another post, I have nothing bad to say about the car so far. Iím still in my honeymoon phase and just trying to get better acquainted with the car at this time. It will be more telling after Iíve spent some time with it in the Black Forest or better yet Stelvio Pass in Switzerland.

Added Options
133Z xDrive
B39 Mineral Gray
LCL5 Coral Red w/Black Highlights
2TB Sport Auto Transmission
ZMM M Sport Line
ZPT Summer Performance Tires
ZTP Technology Package
494 Heated Front Seats
ZDH Dynamic Handling (Variable Steering & Adaptive Suspension)
2PE 400M 18Ē Alloy Wheels with mixed tires (18x8 front, 18x8.5 rear)
417 Rear Window Shades
320 Delete Badge
Kevin-

Nice ride. Looks like you passed on the Premium package. Did you mean to do that? I've been trying to configure a 335xi M-Sport on BMWUSA.com, but it won't let me select the option. Is this not available on with M-Sport or is this a software bug?

2014 F30 Mineral Gray| Coral Red Dakota | xDrive | M-Sport | 2TB | ZCW| ZPP | ZTP | ZD2 | ZDH | Z4A | 5DP | 5DL |HK Stereo |

Gone, but not forgotten:
11 BMW 335xi e90
08 BMW 335i e90
05 Audi A4 3.0q USP
01 Audi A6 4.2q
98 Audi A4 2.8q
91 BMW 535i
87 BMW 325e
85 VW Rabbit GTI
Old 07-30-2012, 06:05 AM
I saw the light!

Mein Auto: 13 F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorrey View Post
Kevin-

Nice ride. Looks like you passed on the Premium package. Did you mean to do that? I've been trying to configure a 335xi M-Sport on BMWUSA.com, but it won't let me select the option. Is this not available on with M-Sport or is this a software bug?

With the MY13 standard features now including dimming, homelink, and power seats a lot of 335 buyers (standard moonroof) are skipping premium. I did as well.

Comfort access isn't worth it to me either, leatherette is ok if not preferred for some of us, and sat radio can be added post delivery. Only thing missing is lumbar, and some people don't like it.

2013 335i F30 M Sport (ZMM, EBII, ZDH, ZTP, 2TB, 688) My ED Trip
2002 E36/7 Topaz Blue Roadster
BMWCCA Member ID: 456926

Last edited by JustinTJ; 07-30-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:21 AM
Porleau

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 335ix M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinTJ View Post
With the MY13 standard features now including dimming, homelink, and power seats a lot of 335 buyers (standard moonroof) are skipping premium. I did as well.

Comfort access isn't worth it to me either, leatherette is ok if not preferred for some of us, and sat radio can be added post delivery. Only thing missing is lumbar, and some people don't like it.
Good points. My current e90 has Premium and Comfort Access, which I really enjoy as well as the lumbar & Dakota leather. Don't really care about Sat radio. I wish CA was available as a stand-alone option like it was in '11.

The good news is that when I can properly configure the car I like on BMWConfig.com, the price is about $2k more than what I paid last year, but there is so much more content, including the technology package (iDrive, which I don't currently have). Let's hope in 2 years when I'm seriously in the market, the pricing is still favorable as well as lease terms!

2014 F30 Mineral Gray| Coral Red Dakota | xDrive | M-Sport | 2TB | ZCW| ZPP | ZTP | ZD2 | ZDH | Z4A | 5DP | 5DL |HK Stereo |

Gone, but not forgotten:
11 BMW 335xi e90
08 BMW 335i e90
05 Audi A4 3.0q USP
01 Audi A6 4.2q
98 Audi A4 2.8q
91 BMW 535i
87 BMW 325e
85 VW Rabbit GTI
Old 07-30-2012, 07:02 AM
Swedish Murder Machine

Mein Auto: 328i x-drive
Quote:

I would be pissed if that happened to me. Hopefully it's an easy fix.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorrey View Post
Kevin-
Premium package was $2,200 on the 335i model. It included Comfort Access, Lumbar Support, Satellite Radio, and Dakota Leather. I opted to have Dakota Leather for $1,450 and skip on the rest. Just not a priority for me. Comfort access is nothing more then sticking your leg out under the rear bumper and opening the trunk. Don't confuse this with electronic ignition (the kind that you stick in your pocket and hit the start/stop button) as this is standard in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinTJ View Post
Concur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
I would be pissed if that happened to me. Hopefully it's an easy fix.
Not happy about it either. But it could have been worse. They provided a rental and should have it resolved somewhat shortly.

Actually, I read related threads and there appears to be several related incidents. Similar symptoms under rainy conditions. Other have stated that the FEM control unit had to be replaced. Stopped by the BMW dealership after work to get an update and sure enough they stated that the FEM unit had to be replaced. It's on order and it will be shipped from the Munich assembly line, where I just happened to pick up the car Saturday, for delivery tomorrow. I'm getting the distinct impression they are replacing with like replacement part. Which, if I not mistaken, will fault out again in the next heavy rain. Seems I may have to live with this for about a year or so until they develop a permanent fix (god willing).
Old 07-30-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post

BJ
Like the comparison photos.