Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:32 PM

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Jerez Black
New to me at least...2008 M3

Greetings,

Recently purchased a 2008 Jerez Black on black with extended novillo and carbon leather. Tech package premium audio and Sport package too. Also came with the 19" black M Motorsport wheels.

Car only had 36000 miles at purchase. Only paid 42k feel like i got a good deal.

Loving the car so far! Mods soon!

Just wanted to say hello.

DaStig
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Bimmer
Nice!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:24 AM
It stings the nostrils!

Mein Auto: LRP Edition M3 and 328i
Congrats and welcome. Jerez Black is a great color for the M3.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:32 AM

Indeed!

Yeah I love the car so far.

However I think that the windshield seal may be biting the dust it seems very soft and I am fairly certain there was a couple of small leak lines on the interior of the windshield after the heavy rain we had here in Houston a few weeks back. The sun here is pretty gnarly to black cars in general.

More investigation is necessary.

Ordering Gummi Fleshe or whatever its called to recondition all the seals.

40,000 mile service is coming up. Will probably do everything myself with a kit from Turner.

Then it will be Macht Speed Stage 2 Intake and underdrive pulleys.

Any other suggestions comments?
Old 08-01-2012, 06:08 AM
It stings the nostrils!

Mein Auto: LRP Edition M3 and 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaStig View Post
Yeah I love the car so far.

However I think that the windshield seal may be biting the dust it seems very soft and I am fairly certain there was a couple of small leak lines on the interior of the windshield after the heavy rain we had here in Houston a few weeks back. The sun here is pretty gnarly to black cars in general.

More investigation is necessary.

Ordering Gummi Fleshe or whatever its called to recondition all the seals.

40,000 mile service is coming up. Will probably do everything myself with a kit from Turner.

Then it will be Macht Speed Stage 2 Intake and underdrive pulleys.

Any other suggestions comments?
Intake and pulleys are a good start. Have you considered an exhaust? The Akrapovic and BMW Performance exhaust are very good but pricey. I hear nothing but good things about the Corsa if you are looking to save a little money. It likely won't get you any performance gain other than a little weight savings, but they sound fabulous. If you want performance, you would need to replace the cats as well. Happy modding.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:31 AM

Mods.

I am not against buying used stuff so if a nice Akrapovich Titanium full exhaust comes up I would consider it.

Eventually it will possibly be a stroker motor with a supercharger. I have also seen some positive reviews of the vanguard system...and it is all titanium supposedly...

http://www.modbargains.com/Vanguard-...ust-System.htm

For right now I will keep the mods mild. Intake, pulleys, possibly catless (does this require an 02 sensor immitator?).

Maybe some wheel spacers and possibly a good set of slightly lowering springs, although Houston roads are not a great place to lower a car.

My last ride was a Mazdaspeed 3 that made 289hp 330tq at the wheels. It was a little monster and a lot of fun to drive. The M3 is more like my shifter kart though. Very precise and you have to keep it on the boil.

As I mentioned next big thing is maintenance...once that is all up to date then the mods will start!
Old 08-01-2012, 06:33 AM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
Nice! keep in touch. we have a small group that meets like once a year at a serve yourself restaurant (Pappas Bar-B-Q) and then we go to the unspectacular houston auto show in january. the announcement will be made here http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79

I was curiously looking for a 2008 M3 for a while in houston, but ended up with a 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo since it compliments my '01 330i. Yes, it is a very different car.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.

Last edited by Dave 330i; 08-01-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:39 AM

Coffee and Cars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 330i View Post
Nice! keep in touch. we have a small group that meets like once a year at a serve yourself restaurant (Pappas Bar-B-Q) and then to the unspectacular houston auto show in january.

I was curiously looking for a 2008 M3 for a while in houston, but ended up with a 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo. Yes, a very different car.
But still an awesome car!

Have you ever been to Coffee and Cars in Houston? It's pretty spectacular these days. Its usually the first Saturday of every month.

I was a race mechanic for the ALMS Ferrari team based in Houston Risi Competizione when I was younger. They have been taking the FXX, one of Schumi's old F1 Cars and a few other bits and pieces to the meets lately, since they are not racing this year.

Theres usually 600-1000 Cars showing up these days. There was a Mclaren Mp4-12C last month too.

I would highly reccomend visiting it's one of the largest Coffee and Cars in the country.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Dinan///M3 - Countryman S
Stig check your PM

2011.5 Dinan ///M3:
SSII DCT
Comp, Conv, Premium 2 Pkg
Heated Seats
Enhnd Prem Sound
BMW Edition Grills / Gills
BMW M Perf. Steering Wheel
BMW Carbon Fiber Perf. Spoiler