Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 750i
2008 750i (E65) Throttle Body Issues?

I'm new to the BMW world, I've done some searching on the forums but have found lots of seemingly conflicting information.

Got the 'Engine Malfunction, Reduced Power' message, got the codes read the it was throttle related, replacing the throttle body was the recommended solution. I've already removed the factory throttle body and am waiting for the new one to arrive.

Qustions:
1) Do I need to reset the adaptations once the new throttle body is installed. I found it mentioned in another post but is it truly necessary?

2) If so I know I need a special cable. This post says I need BMW INPA EDIABAS K-Line USB Interface http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=561237

However this post says I need DCAN Interface and INPA http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=694678

Further confusing matters is that many of these cables have mixed reviews and seem to not work on a regular basis.

Can I get by without reseting adaptations? If not, can I have clarification on what cable to buy for my 2008 750i (E65)_a__a2_
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2015, 07:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 750i
Replaced my throttle body today. Car would drive fine for about a minute before going back to slow mode. Not sure if this is an issue with adaptions not being reset or if there is another problem. At a certain point warning lights came on for DSC and Parking Brake fault. Any thoughts?
Old 01-21-2015, 06:00 PM

Mein Auto: 750i
2008 750i (E65) Throttle Body Issues?

What exact code did you have??
In your car TB WORKS only 2 minutes on the cold start only, after that valvetronic takes over TB.
So I haven't seen any N62 with bad TB
Most likely valvetronic issues.
DSc, etc will not affect engine performance. Only will affect tranny shifts