Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35D /2011 M37X
I am still impressed

I had a business trip down to VA today, about a 3.5 hour ride from home, I am still amazed by the torque of the diesel motor on the highway, no downshifting when passing and 26.4 mpg to boot at 75-80 mph.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:48 PM
Car guy

Mein Auto: E39 M5/E70 X5 M sport
I will jump in on this one for the fun of it. I am impressed too. Left Maine in June. Vermont to Colorado via Kansas (top speed of trip). Then Wyoming then back to NY, then Nashville then back via blue ridge parkway ( full value of adaptive drive realized on that few hundred miles) then back via taconic parkway and backroad vt and ny. 8700 miles, 20.1 mpg ( a 5.0 in sport driving like I stole it most of the time). Got home yesterday.

No tickets, lots of triple digit in appropriate stretches and flawless BMW performance. Comfort seats were great.

Many great roads. 14 west out of fort Collins the first day it opened after the fire, a Sunday, was a blast. Blue ridge parkway is one of the best ever. No traffic or enforcement mid week (but the northern stretch inside Shenandoah National Park was HEAVY enforcement by well equipped park rangers). Also, while on the subject, watch out for NY! Best as I can tell they pulled the entire state police force off rapes and murders and put them on revenue enhancement speed patrol.

Drove the M5 today and enjoyed it but I have to say this x5 is quite a rig. I did not expect to like it so much. Hope you all are enjoying the ride.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:49 AM

Mein Auto: '11 E93 / '12 E70d
Quote:
Originally Posted by ductman View Post
I had a business trip down to VA today, about a 3.5 hour ride from home, I am still amazed by the torque of the diesel motor on the highway, no downshifting when passing and 26.4 mpg to boot at 75-80 mph.
Very nice! I've been telling the misses that it will probably hit 28 mpg on trips if we really try (meaning 70 or less, or drafting), so that sounds about on target. Ours should be here in a week or two.

HR&G Full Review: 2014 F33 428i M-Sport Convertible (my side auto-journo gig)
Old 08-01-2012, 09:03 AM

Mein Auto: Holden Wagon & Sedan
12k miles for me in 9 months. Loving every mile so far

Overall 24 mpg with about 50/50 mixed driving, closer to 28 on the long highway cruises. Also love the torque, especially leaving work through the twisties around our World HQ campus. Its posted 20 mph but its just so darn hard to contain him.

Jay