Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:05 AM
Besessen Deutsch Autos

Mein Auto: 2006 X5 3.0
DME Flashing

I know how to find it in INPA (dme program number), but cannot seem for the life of me to find ANY info on flashing our DME to euro specs (to rid of my secondary air codes)
--I have DLed h3xpr0g's e65 daten files and updated my winkfp with them. No idea what Im looking for in the lists of the ZUSB's
--I have already wrote FA to CAS and LMA with GL63 changed to GL61

ive seen people claim they have done it themselves if anybody here knows what to look for would anybody p-lease chime in?

06 X5 3.0 Toledo Blue Metallic/Light Beige 2:
Adaptive Xenon Headlamps, Panoramic Sunroof, Rear Sunshades,
+Factory Aux Input in Ashtray, Bluetooth, Rear PDC Sensors, Rear Electronic Adjustable Seat Backs,
+White Angel Eye LEDs, +5000k LED H11 Foglights, +Blacked Out Chrome Grill Surround, +Puddle Light Logo Projector
.. more updates to come

PREVIOUS 2002 745i
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2013, 09:40 AM
DIY'er

Mein Auto: 2004 545i
Sorry to dig up a year old post--but did you ever figure out how to do this? I am trying to figure it out as well. I can only find this info for SMG cars (or is it the same for us 5 series owners with the regular 'ol automatic?
Old 09-05-2013, 10:40 AM
Besessen Deutsch Autos

Mein Auto: 2006 X5 3.0
DME Flashing

Well for the sake of people not frying any modules, or any other erroneous things that people could blame me for; and other people who may try to charge a premium for this service if they found out how to and etcetera. and im pretty sure this is some how illegal to do? Bypassing emissions has to be i guess?
No i never found out.
If the person(or people) who may or may not know how to do this ever decides to write this up more power to them. Any other advice about these cars that i can help with i would surely publicly broadcast on these forums but this i won't touch with a ten foot pole. Sorry i couldn't be of much use.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

06 X5 3.0 Toledo Blue Metallic/Light Beige 2:
Adaptive Xenon Headlamps, Panoramic Sunroof, Rear Sunshades,
+Factory Aux Input in Ashtray, Bluetooth, Rear PDC Sensors, Rear Electronic Adjustable Seat Backs,
+White Angel Eye LEDs, +5000k LED H11 Foglights, +Blacked Out Chrome Grill Surround, +Puddle Light Logo Projector
.. more updates to come

PREVIOUS 2002 745i
Old 09-05-2013, 11:24 AM
DIY'er

Thanks for replying regardless. If only I had about 5 cars to try it on, I'm pretty sure I could figure it out, lol

Obviously playing the DME isn't the most fun of options

I am working with someone on a simulator, much like the one used on 3 series. Hopefully we can get that going and have an easy solution
Old 09-05-2013, 12:44 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 745iguy View Post
Well for the sake of people not frying any modules, or any other erroneous things that people could blame me for; and other people who may try to charge a premium for this service if they found out how to and etcetera. and im pretty sure this is some how illegal to do? Bypassing emissions has to be i guess?
No i never found out.
If the person(or people) who may or may not know how to do this ever decides to write this up more power to them. Any other advice about these cars that i can help with i would surely publicly broadcast on these forums but this i won't touch with a ten foot pole. Sorry i couldn't be of much use.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Just thought I would chime in. A lot of people stay away from this subject
As you guessed ( it is highly illegal here in the U.S. )
There are those who I have heard charge a ridiculous amount. I personally
Would not do this for any amount as it is a federal crime to fake or manipulate
Your car to pass smog. I don't even want to imagine the fines or legal charges.

If you need a Custom 2014 DVD Navigation Map
East or West for your E65 E66 PM me for price .
Or if you Need an AUX Plug for your car hit me up
Old 09-05-2013, 01:41 PM
DIY'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPER View Post
Just thought I would chime in. A lot of people stay away from this subject
As you guessed ( it is highly illegal here in the U.S. )
There are those who I have heard charge a ridiculous amount. I personally
Would not do this for any amount as it is a federal crime to fake or manipulate
Your car to pass smog. I don't even want to imagine the fines or legal charges.

Oops, I did NOT realize that. In that case, the AGA pipe to try to blow the carbon out enough for it to work is looking better and better

Forget I mentioned any other options!!