Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-06-2012, 03:17 AM

Mein Auto: 328i
What have you purchased on Amazon?

I got an Amazon gift card and was wondering what can I buy there for my e92? I do want some HID fogs to match my headlights and angels, but don't know which ones to buy? Any suggestions or experiences with HID kits form Amazon? Other than the kit idk what else to spend my gift card on?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1346922912.084111.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	340584  
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2012, 05:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 325Xi
Amazon is the best retailer in the world (IMO, of course)! They have an excellent return policy if you're not happy with whatever you choose. I recently bought a pair of HIDs from Amazon by the brand name Kensun. Seems to be one of their primary HID brands that they carry. But I haven't had them installed long enough to actually recommend them although they've been trouble-free so far. HIDs in general are simple to install but like most other things in our consumer market these days, seems like most of the ballasts are the same regardless of the name that is on them. If they aren't factory installed HIDs, the quality is going to be hit-or-miss.
Amazon also has lots of car parts including maintenance parts. Oil filters, fuel filters, air, cabin. You name it, you'll likely find it on Amazon. I just bought a pair of Rain-X Latitude wipers from Amazon because they were about $5 cheaper per blade than the local parts store. I get free shipping on everything so that helps. Don't know how much your card is worth but I'm sure there's something at Amazon that you need.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by espressomiata View Post
Amazon is the best retailer in the world (IMO, of course)! They have an excellent return policy if you're not happy with whatever you choose.
I dont know about their so called excellent return policy. If you are simply not happy with an item, they will charge you the shipping fee if you want to return it. If the item is defective, the shipping is free.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:17 AM
Random Helpbot

Mein Auto: 2011 E93 335i
I bought the PIAA Intense White H3 bulbs from Amazon to replace our cornering bulbs so they match the xenon headlights. Not a perfect match, but much better than the stock halogen H3.

Cheers.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:29 AM

Mein Auto: '11 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
I dont know about their so called excellent return policy. If you are simply not happy with an item, they will charge you the shipping fee if you want to return it. If the item is defective, the shipping is free.
Seems like an excellent policy to me. If the return is because you made a mistake, you should pay the cost of shipping. If they ship the wrong item, item is defective or misrepresented they pay the cost. What could be fairer?

I order nearly everything, 3 or 4 orders per week from Amazon to avoid trips to various stores, save money and increase choice. I belong to Amazon prime so most shipping is free and arrives withing two days. I seldom return anything as I research the item before I order. Download instruction manuals and go to the manufactures web site to make sure the item fits your needs exactly before you order.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Random Helpbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlm999 View Post
Seems like an excellent policy to me. If the return is because you made a mistake, you should pay the cost of shipping. If they ship the wrong item, item is defective or misrepresented they pay the cost. What could be fairer?
Very well said.

Somewhat on topic, if you buy pretty much everything off Amazon like we do, it's worthwhile to use its Chase credit card to do so. Basically 3% cash back for purchases off Amazon (that are sold and shipped by Amazon), and the Chase site integrates with Amazon so you can use the rewards cash as a pay option. If you pay off your cards every month like we do, it's a pretty good rewards system for using a site that you already frequent.

Last edited by Verts4Ever; 09-06-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Amazon is the best retailer in the world (IMO, of course)! They have an excellent return policy if you're not happy with whatever you choose. I recently bought a pair of HIDs from Amazon by the brand name Kensun. Seems to be one of their primary HID brands that they carry. But I haven't had them installed long enough to actually recommend them although they've been trouble-free so far. HIDs in general are simple to install but like most other things in our consumer market these days, seems like most of the ballasts are the same regardless of the name that is on them. If they aren't factory installed HIDs, the quality is going to be hit-or-miss.
Amazon also has lots of car parts including maintenance parts. Oil filters, fuel filters, air, cabin. You name it, you'll likely find it on Amazon. I just bought a pair of Rain-X Latitude wipers from Amazon because they were about $5 cheaper per blade than the local parts store. I get free shipping on everything so that helps. Don't know how much your card is worth but I'm sure there's something at Amazon that you need.
I dont think I came across those do these come with the error code delete? I read that you need that part in order for it to work correctly and with no error codes. Correct me if im wrong. Thanks for your help
Old 09-06-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verts4Ever View Post
I bought the PIAA Intense White H3 bulbs from Amazon to replace our cornering bulbs so they match the xenon headlights. Not a perfect match, but much better than the stock halogen H3.

Cheers.
Never really considered changing my corner lights. Thats something I might be interested in. Do you mind posting a pic of your corners?
Old 09-06-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
One more question. Did you get the "Slim Ballast"?
Old 09-06-2012, 07:37 PM

Mein Auto: '06 325Xi
Rsandez: My apologies. I should've specified that I did not buy those HIDs for my BMW but for my Denali. But I did buy the slim ballasts. I'm sure someone will answer your question about the error code delete.

Verts4ever: I've been hesitant of getting the CC. My money already flows to Amazon like the river through Brazil. I don't need any more incentive! Those damned lightning deals get me often enough!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:27 AM
Random Helpbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsandez View Post
Do you mind posting a pic of your corners?
My wife and I are going to be pretty busy this weekend, but I'll see what I can do.

Cheers.

Quote:
My money already flows to Amazon like the river through Brazil.
Ha, us too! I won't admit the amount I was told when I e-mailed Amazon recently to inquire as to what we've spent there since it first started, but I will say the number is "shocking."

Last edited by Verts4Ever; 09-07-2012 at 09:32 AM.