Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:05 AM

Mein Auto: 135i Convertible
Navi question

Hello...I own a 2008 135i convertible and recently changed key fobs....just wanted to use the other one for a while. They are both comfort access. With the fob I originally used, when I start the car, the navi displays the warning message and then after about 7 seconds, it automatically goes to the map. With the other fob that I switched to, it automatically goes to the home screen after the warning message. I would like it to go to the map as well. I have tried so many different things, but no luck. I brought it to the dealer today, and they spent 15 minutes trying to change it, and had no luck as well. Anyone have an idea how to change the start screen to the map? By the way, I have 23 more days for the car to be under warranty. Thanks for any input.
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2012, 07:16 AM

Mein Auto: '12 X5d; '10 335; '09 128
Each fob remembers your personalized settings: radio, seat, mirrors, and, if I'm not mistaken, nav settings. Have you tried setting seat memory to the new fob? Read through the manual (not being a smart ass here) in that section and see what it says about personalized/fob settings. I know that when I use my key, vs my wife's key in any of our cars, the settings, including nav are always different at start up.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '07 328iT.'13 Boxster
As my '08 always goes to my preferred map after the warning screen, I always figured that like the climate control system, it reverts to the setting at the last shutdown - apparently stored in the fob from what you are saying.

But unfortunately, the manual does not seem to address this issue...

Tom
Old 08-03-2012, 09:24 AM

Mein Auto: '12 X5d; '10 335; '09 128
That's unfortunate (yet not surprising). The good news is that I'm almost positive there is an answer to fixing this, and that someone here knows what to do about it.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:14 PM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
Sorry to see you are spending time trying to figure out the electronics that give you headaches. Count me as one who hates unnecessary electronic features (bells and whistles) that are so easy to add to the centralized system. Most of the features interfere with the basic necessities, add to the overall complexity of what you are trying to do.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.

Last edited by Dave 330i; 08-03-2012 at 02:16 PM.