Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 08-24-2012, 01:33 PM
MPowered RPh

Mein Auto: '11 M3 Comp & '12 528Xi
Yea neilk we're ahipmates! I just checked I'm loaded too. If you have an iPhone there is an app called ship finder that works very well.

'12 528i xDrive/Mohave/Beige/Premium/gadgets

'11 M3 - Coupe/Space Gray/Black/Aluminum/Comp/Conv/Cold/Prem2/CF all around
Old 08-26-2012, 09:39 PM
(aharding)ED #1 Sept 2012

Mein Auto: BMW GC & MB SL500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilk View Post
My car is supposed to be on the Don Juan too. I am annoyed that it will have taken 22 days from my drop off in Nice to shipping over to the US. Although that is a far cry from one month for Stonemik.

I think this one place that BMW could improve the process, especially since if you bought the car and not leased it, you will have made payments on the car for nearly 2 months without driving it. I guess that's the downside of ED. My situation is further messed up since my car was totaled during a hail storm. I'll have to get rental for at least a month now. UGGHH.
We're dropping off in Nice also. Are you saying it took 22 days to get to the US or 22 days to get to Bremerhaven?

2013 F06 640i Gran Coupe Carbon Black | M Sport Package | Amaro Brown Merino Leather | Fine Line Oak Wood Trim | Driver Assistance Package | Luxury Seating Package | Bang & Olufsen | Ceramic Controls | BMW Apps | Full LED Lighting
ED Trip Report - September 2012
Post your Neuschwanstein Castle photo here
Hawaii Vacation Rentals
Old 08-26-2012, 10:20 PM
MPowered RPh

For me, 31 days to Bremerhaven ... From Paris. Dropped July 27 itbwas checked in on August 22 accordeing to WWL website. Atbleast for me my CA and i both called BMW ED to find out what happened. Seems France is not an efficient drop. I dropped my M3 in Munich last year and it was delivered in 44 days after drop of and dealer installed LoJack Andrade the windows tinted for me.
///Mike

Old 08-27-2012, 06:50 AM

Mein Auto: waiting for ED 2012 328i
22 Days to get on a ship... It took 10 days to get to Bremerhaven, which isn't bad, but it missed the next available ship which lead to a 10 day wait in Bremerhaven. I don't think July/August drop-offs in France are ever going to be quick. I think everyone over there is already mentally on vacation.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyCMonkeyDo
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
I will post my timeline for early October when I drop off in Paris. They better not lose my car like they did for poor stonemik.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:28 PM

Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
I dropped in Nice last year on Oct 24, car was unloaded in Brunswick in Nov 29th. Sat @ VPC/PCD for 4 more weeks. Finally reunited on 1/6. Freaking too long.

Planning on driving to Paris this time around, and dropping off as I drive into Paris, so at least I'll have a 1 week head start. Maybe if stars align I get to see my car again before 2013.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:50 AM
MPowered RPh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1STBimmer View Post
I dropped in Nice last year on Oct 24, car was unloaded in Brunswick in Nov 29th. Sat @ VPC/PCD for 4 more weeks. Finally reunited on 1/6. Freaking too long.

Planning on driving to Paris this time around, and dropping off as I drive into Paris, so at least I'll have a 1 week head start. Maybe if stars align I get to see my car again before 2013.
WOE that's WAAAAAy too long

Old 08-31-2012, 08:37 AM
1st time 'Fester in 2012!

Mein Auto: '96 E36 silver 328i MT 4d
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyCMonkeyDo View Post
Man it looks like average is 3 weeks from drop off to on boat. That sucks.
That sounds about right...

it took me between 3 weeks and 4 weeks before i got any news about my car when it finally got loaded into the boat.

I dropped off the car In Paris CDG in late April 2012, and was never able to get a single piece of information, NOT from TT,
not from my dealership CA,
not from BMW NA,

so guys, be prepared to go in the blind for a month before seeing your car resurface on a boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonemik View Post
That's the same feeling I got in Paris

Reminds me of the French Guys in this old video (WARNING: NSFW)

That video is not even funny... they were trying too hard at being funny but failed miserably... and what's wrong with the guy's voice!! ???!! Nothing is worth looking at in that video, Skip it guys... Chinese with a Japanese flag WTF ??!

Luxury F30 335i 6MT, ED : 4/12/12
Drop-off: 4/24/12, Re-Delivery : 7/10/12
Old 09-24-2012, 10:26 AM
MPowered RPh

Just got a call from my CA. The car is at Classic this AM. will be delivered on Wednesday...
Dropoff Paris: July 27
Delivery Dallas: September 26th

and BYW had 4 additional miles on it. (went to see it be unloaded this am)

Old 09-24-2012, 11:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 535i.F30 335i
For those of you dropping off in Paris, I thought I will give you my timeline:
Dropped off at TT: 13 September
Booked for the Don Juan: 19 September
Received at terminal: 21 September

Hope it will be loaded.

Last edited by cheikh82; 09-24-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:48 PM
I saw the light!

Mein Auto: 13 F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheikh82 View Post

Hope it will be loaded.
Well that's annoying. I dropped in Frankfurt on the 10th (while the truck was picking up cars for shipment to port) and I am on the same boat. So much for German efficiency.

2013 335i F30 M Sport (ZMM, EBII, ZDH, ZTP, 2TB, 688) My ED Trip
2002 E36/7 Topaz Blue Roadster
BMWCCA Member ID: 456926

Last edited by JustinTJ; 09-24-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Let me add my two cents... We dropped off at Paris (CDG) on August 21st. The car was loaded onto the boat on the 5th of September. So that's 15 days from drop off to boat loading. It actually arrived at the Bremerhaven port I believe on the 29th. It takes a few days to be loaded onto a ship.

Today, at 2:21 p.m., it was off loaded from the ship in Brunswick, GA. So, from the 21st of August till today, the 24th of September, isn't too bad. I'm assuming 12 days for customs and VPC from this point forward. I'm expecting another two weeks after that for a PCD date. That's an October 21st estimated redelivery date. BMW says it takes 10 weeks from drop-off to reunification.

All in all, I'm happy. I'll get to drive my BMW through the golden colors of fall home. How can I track my car from after its been off loaded from the ship?

Anecdote: I made my first monthly payment on bmwusa.com today. It was due on the 17th but there was confusion as to whom I should pay the first payment to; the dealer or BMW FS. Today my CA told me I should pay BMW directly.

Last edited by neve1064; 09-24-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:11 AM

Mein Auto: 328i M-sport Coupe
I was somewhere between 3-4 weeks between drop-off and getting on a boat.
PCD - December 16, 2009

Old 10-18-2012, 07:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyCMonkeyDo
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Just to update this thread as promised:::

I dropped off oct 3 in Paris. Very painless other than the car wash. The first gas station's car wash was closed and then the second had a big line as only one of the two automated machines were working and the hand wash machines were barricaded off. There was no time to go anywhere else so a very fancy machine wash followed. That was a great machine other than leaving a little stripe on the backend of the car where the cloth spinners didn't reach.

I wrote ttroisy on the 13th, giving them 10 days and got an email within a day confirming I was booked on the Topeka leaving on the 21st of October. At least in regards to WWL boats it was truly the first one I could have made as the previous one departed on the 7th.

It looks like it only took 7-10 days to get to port and then another 7-10 to get a boat to california. Overall it will be 17 days and that isn't too bad. The Topeka lands in Oxnard on 11/14 so if everything goes smoothly there I will have her in my driveway before thanksgiving. Hooray!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:44 AM

Mein Auto: A big grin
Quote:

I dropped off oct 3 in Paris. Very painless other than the car wash. The first gas station's car wash was closed and then the second had a big line as only one of the two automated machines were working and the hand wash machines were barricaded off. There was no time to go anywhere else so a very fancy machine wash followed. That was a great machine other than leaving a little stripe on the backend of the car where the cloth spinners didn't reach.

I wrote ttroisy on the 13th, giving them 10 days and got an email within a day confirming I was booked on the Topeka leaving on the 21st of October. At least in regards to WWL boats it was truly the first one I could have made as the previous one departed on the 7th.

It looks like it only took 7-10 days to get to port and then another 7-10 to get a boat to california. Overall it will be 17 days and that isn't too bad. The Topeka lands in Oxnard on 11/14 so if everything goes smoothly there I will have her in my driveway before thanksgiving. Hooray!
I don't know if I should admit this but I skipped the wash both times with no repercussions.
The car wasn't filthy but wasn't pristine either.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 550xi
Nice dropoff

Quote:

I dropped off in Nice on October 1st and according to BLG the car is still "on the way" to Bremerhaven. They haven't booked it on a ship yet, but said the next available is the Don Juan which sales 31.October, arriving Newark 14.November. So 1 month from dropoff to ship.

I don't hold high hopes that it will make through customs, VDC and transport to my dealer before Thanksgiving. I'm guessing 2nd week of December to have it back in my hands; 6-8 week east coast redelivery will be closer to 10 for me. Our ships arrive the same day, it will be interesting to see who gets their car first...

I'd definitely do ED again, but will instead drive the car to Bremerhaven myself. An extra day or 1.5 days of driving is worth shaving off 2-3 weeks of re-delivery.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:12 AM

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZSLA View Post
I don't know if I should admit this but I skipped the wash both times with no repercussions.
The car wasn't filthy but wasn't pristine either.
Me too...

Question, how do you guys get this info? When it left, where it went, what ship it's on?

I dropped of this week at Munich airport... So would be curios.

Also am doing PDC so not sure the impact of that on schedule.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
Me too...

Question, how do you guys get this info? When it left, where it went, what ship it's on?

I dropped of this week at Munich airport... So would be curios.

I gave it 2 weeks before contacting anyone and decided to email the dropoff company directly. They contacted BLG who sent me an update directly - it took about 2 days to get a response.

I think you could also call the ED folks in the US.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:48 AM

Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
Lol, first....read the wiki

Quote:
Other than that, if the car is going to the east coast, check the WW tracking site (www.2wglobal.com) and enter the car's VIN as cargo ID. It will say 'no information found' until one day it shows you the car info, including the ship it's on. From there you can go to the ship's voyage schedule and see when is the approximate ETA to the port where your car will be dropped.

Usually NY for NorthEast deliveries and Brunswick, GA for PCD/South/Southeast.

Quote:
Me too...

PDC adds a couple of weeks to the delivery timeline as they have to arrange the trutransport from the VPC to the PDC...
Old 10-19-2012, 08:58 AM

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1STBimmer View Post
Lol, first....read the wiki

Thanks for not telling me RTFW Good info, thanks.

Went ahead and contacted LogInOut and confirmed I am on the Aida - due into Brunswick on 11/12.

Last edited by miamiboyca; 10-20-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:20 PM

Mein Auto: '13 F30 328 m-sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheikh82 View Post

Hope it will be loaded.
I dropped off at TT on 9/14 and looks like it just arrived NY yesterday. I hope I can see it again the first week of Nov.

Port Country Arrival Departure
BREMERHAVEN GERMANY 30/09/2012 02/10/2012
GOTHENBURG SWEDEN 04/10/2012 05/10/2012
ZEEBRUGGE BELGIUM 07/10/2012 07/10/2012
SOUTHAMPTON UNITED KINGDOM 08/10/2012 08/10/2012
HALIFAX, NS CANADA 16/10/2012 16/10/2012
NEW YORK, NY U.S.A. 18/10/2012 19/10/2012
Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 AM

Mein Auto: 335i M Sport, 330i
Dropped at Paris September 10, RECEIVED AT TERMINAL in BREMERHAVEN September 15, LOADED ON VESSEL October 21, Scheduled to arrived to PORT HUENEME, CA November 15