Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-04-2012, 07:54 AM
addfellow addfellow is offline
Registered User
Location: SW Michigan
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 37
Mein Auto: 2013 xDrive28i
Final negotiated X1 deal

The deal is done, and I must admit I'm happily surprised that I was able to negotiate this vehicle down to $600 over invoice. Lease is 36 month, 12K/yr, no $ down. Used $1000 Drive for the Team, $750 loyalty and $300 Ultimate Drive app. Monthly payment: $447 (BMWFS apparently requires $300 Ultimate drive $ to only be used to reduce first month's payment, so that'll be $147 - nice!). Early October delivery date.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 08-05-2012, 09:05 AM
RVExotics RVExotics is offline
Euro Car Aficionado
Location: Dardanelle, AR
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 246
Mein Auto: 2013 E92 328i
Sounds like an awesome deal! We're batting around the possibility of leasing a new X1 after we've had a chance to test drive, hoping later this month. Curious, how easily were you able to negotiate that price? We have history with our dealer so I'm thinking that may help but with it being a brand new car to the US I'm not sure how willing they'll be to discount.
__________________
Our stable:
2013 328i Coupe
2013 X1 sdrive28i
2014 328i Sedan
1984 Austin Mini Mayfair
1999 Ford F150
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-05-2012, 09:18 AM
RVExotics RVExotics is offline
Euro Car Aficionado
Location: Dardanelle, AR
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 246
Mein Auto: 2013 E92 328i
Btw this may be a dumb question but where is a reliable place to get invoice pricing on the vehicle and options?
__________________
Our stable:
2013 328i Coupe
2013 X1 sdrive28i
2014 328i Sedan
1984 Austin Mini Mayfair
1999 Ford F150
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-05-2012, 10:28 AM
addfellow addfellow is offline
Registered User
Location: SW Michigan
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 37
Mein Auto: 2013 xDrive28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVExotics View Post
Sounds like an awesome deal! We're batting around the possibility of leasing a new X1 after we've had a chance to test drive, hoping later this month. Curious, how easily were you able to negotiate that price? We have history with our dealer so I'm thinking that may help but with it being a brand new car to the US I'm not sure how willing they'll be to discount.
We got quotes from 4 dealers within a 200 mile radius, and to be honest, our local dealer (Zeigler BMW of Kalamazoo) just blew the other dealers out of the water. In fact, when we presented Zeigler's 1st quote, the other dealers responded like this:"Congratulations. You have negotiated an excellent figure which we are unable to improve upon due to the level of attention and service Basney provides customers after a sale."I can only assume Zeigler, being the dealership we've used for the last 6 years for routine service, saw a benefit in ensuring we'd be staying with them. The fact that you have "history" with your dealer hopefully will contribute to you getting a similar deal. And yes, being a new model in the U.S. made me think that we'd have to at least start out a hell of a lot closer to MSRP, but not so. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-05-2012, 10:31 AM
addfellow addfellow is offline
Registered User
Location: SW Michigan
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 37
Mein Auto: 2013 xDrive28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVExotics View Post
Btw this may be a dumb question but where is a reliable place to get invoice pricing on the vehicle and options?
bmwconfig.com has proven to be reliable, and their "configurator" is fun to use. And they had MY '13 numbers that edmunds.com didn't have yet.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-05-2012, 02:44 PM
HotRodW HotRodW is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Southwest Michigan
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 265
Mein Auto: 2013 X1, 2012 Q5
Quote:
Originally Posted by addfellow View Post
We got quotes from 4 dealers within a 200 mile radius, and to be honest, our local dealer (Zeigler BMW of Kalamazoo) just blew the other dealers out of the water. In fact, when we presented Zeigler's 1st quote, the other dealers responded like this:"Congratulations. You have negotiated an excellent figure which we are unable to improve upon due to the level of attention and service Basney provides customers after a sale."I can only assume Zeigler, being the dealership we've used for the last 6 years for routine service, saw a benefit in ensuring we'd be staying with them. The fact that you have "history" with your dealer hopefully will contribute to you getting a similar deal. And yes, being a new model in the U.S. made me think that we'd have to at least start out a hell of a lot closer to MSRP, but not so. Good luck!
You're in Kalamazoo? Me too! Well, Portage, actually. I contacted four area dealers, and three of them still haven't quoted me a price. They all promised to be the lowest, but that means little if I can't get a quote out of them. In the end I got frustrated and ended up ordering from Sharpe in Grand Rapids. Not only were they the only dealer that quoted me a price, but they also had the only available allocation. The car had better be good, because so far the dealer experience has been a huge disappointment.
__________________
Rod


2014 Touareg TDI R Line
2012 Q5 2.0T
2002 RSX
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-05-2012, 03:14 PM
addfellow addfellow is offline
Registered User
Location: SW Michigan
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 37
Mein Auto: 2013 xDrive28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodW View Post
You're in Kalamazoo? Me too! Well, Portage, actually. I contacted four area dealers, and three of them still haven't quoted me a price. They all promised to be the lowest, but that means little if I can't get a quote out of them. In the end I got frustrated and ended up ordering from Sharpe in Grand Rapids. Not only were they the only dealer that quoted me a price, but they also had the only available allocation. The car had better be good, because so far the dealer experience has been a huge disappointment.
Hey there neighbor. I dealt with Tony Bonazzi, the sales manager at Zeigler. Easy to talk to, knows his stuff. My process was pretty straight forward: used bmwconfig.com to come up with invoice price on my exact build, saved a screenshot of the page & sent it out to the dealers. Several of them conspicuously commented that "you obviously have all the numbers", which I believe streamlined the process a bit. Using truecar.com & edmunds.com to get the true market value was helpful too, altho with very few X1's having been sold in the U.S. so far there's not a ton of data there. You mentioned Sharpe BMW. They were responsive to me, and Quentin Groce was quick with his replies, but in the end they punked out, saying that they just couldn't compete with the price Tony B. quoted me.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-05-2012, 05:04 PM
HotRodW HotRodW is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Southwest Michigan
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 265
Mein Auto: 2013 X1, 2012 Q5
Quote:
Originally Posted by addfellow View Post
Hey there neighbor. I dealt with Tony Bonazzi, the sales manager at Zeigler. Easy to talk to, knows his stuff. My process was pretty straight forward: used bmwconfig.com to come up with invoice price on my exact build, saved a screenshot of the page & sent it out to the dealers. Several of them conspicuously commented that "you obviously have all the numbers", which I believe streamlined the process a bit. Using truecar.com & edmunds.com to get the true market value was helpful too, altho with very few X1's having been sold in the U.S. so far there's not a ton of data there. You mentioned Sharpe BMW. They were responsive to me, and Quentin Groce was quick with his replies, but in the end they punked out, saying that they just couldn't compete with the price Tony B. quoted me.
I had high hopes after meeting with Zeigler. But not only did they not quote a price, but they didn't have an allocation immediately available. They were also unwilling to refund my deposit in the event I was unhappy with the X1 upon delivery. I made Sharpe put it in writing that the transaction was subject to a test drive. I did manage a few extras in addition to Sharpe's standard $1,000 discount, and I get another $1,000 from BMW fro attending the Drive event, plus Sharpe offers pick up service with loaners. I'm sure a paid a bit more, but I'll have the vehicle a little sooner.

Has your car entered production yet?
__________________
Rod


2014 Touareg TDI R Line
2012 Q5 2.0T
2002 RSX
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:12 AM
addfellow addfellow is offline
Registered User
Location: SW Michigan
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 37
Mein Auto: 2013 xDrive28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodW View Post
I had high hopes after meeting with Zeigler. But not only did they not quote a price, but they didn't have an allocation immediately available. They were also unwilling to refund my deposit in the event I was unhappy with the X1 upon delivery. I made Sharpe put it in writing that the transaction was subject to a test drive. I did manage a few extras in addition to Sharpe's standard $1,000 discount, and I get another $1,000 from BMW fro attending the Drive event, plus Sharpe offers pick up service with loaners. I'm sure a paid a bit more, but I'll have the vehicle a little sooner.

Has your car entered production yet?
When were you communicating w/ Zeigler? We signed our deal last Friday, 8/3. When I first spoke to them about the possibility of ordering an X1, it was early July, and I too was told they didn't have an allocation at that time, but they would shortly.

We avoided the issue of test drive-contingent contracts by zooming up to Ontario to the BMW dealer. X1's have been on sale in Canada for several years now.

Pick up service? Niiiice. I suppose they need to do that, otherwise folks down here in K-zoo land would be alot less willing to service their cars up in G.R.

I'm going to see later today if our production number is active. I'll see ya on the road!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms