Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 10-22-2012, 06:28 AM
AL PRIEBE

Mein Auto: 2012 650ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefg2000 View Post
LOL are you now tracking your boat twice a day/everyday?!....went through that experience back in Feb of this year.....but you are almost there, at least you didnt have to ship to the west coast....
Yes that is laughable but only once a day! What is great is all the other car nuts doing the same, I love it!
Old 10-22-2012, 06:32 AM
AL PRIEBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath00 View Post
This is a great thread for me. Just ordered my 750i today and the wait is absolutely killing me. So it took you 3 months to get your car? YIYEKS! I really want mine in 2012! AAAAH
Don't get nervous my 650i only took eight weeks, the Alpina takes longer. By the time I get it, it will almost be 4 months! I would think you'll have a great pre-Christmas present! Best wishes!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:31 AM
AL PRIEBE

New car

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLE ALBEE View Post
Don't get nervous my 650i only took eight weeks, the Alpina takes longer. By the time I get it, it will almost be 4 months! I would think you'll have a great pre-Christmas present! Best wishes!
Well, the hurricane didn't help delivery matters but a car compared to all those lost lives, damage and people living in shelters sure seems petty at this point in time! My heart and prayers are out to all those poor people! Anyway, my car is in port today (Brunswick, GA.) so I'm thinking next Friday should be delivery day, the cigars are waiting! Still need to know how to attach photos or a Tread showing how?
Old 11-03-2012, 08:57 AM

Mein Auto: 7 series
Quote:
Well, the hurricane didn't help delivery matters but a car compared to all those lost lives, damage and people living in shelters sure seems petty at this point in time! My heart and prayers are out to all those poor people! Anyway, my car is in port today (Brunswick, GA.) so I'm thinking next Friday should be delivery day, the cigars are waiting! Still need to know how to attach photos or a Tread showing how?
Congratulations! I can't wait to see. Mine is in the paint Shop according to the dealer. Yahoo. Hoping for early December...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
Old 11-03-2012, 09:19 AM
AL PRIEBE

Quote:
Congratulations! I can't wait to see. Mine is in the paint Shop according to the dealer. Yahoo. Hoping for early December...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
I don't mean to discourage you but early December would probably be a push, especially on the West coast? Mid to late December would probably be more realistic. Remember, it's approximately 10 to 14 days to the East coast, California probably a few more? What color and option combo did you get?
Old 11-03-2012, 11:42 AM

Mein Auto: Audi S8
My B7 is on the ahip, due to arrive in NJ around the 7th. Then probably another week until I can get behind the wheel. Can't wait.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
I don't mean to discourage you but early December would probably be a push, especially on the West coast? Mid to late December would probably be more realistic. Remember, it's approximately 10 to 14 days to the East coast, California probably a few more? What color and option combo did you get?
That's ok. I can wait, really. Just don't want to!

Got the 750i in dark grey with saddle leather interior and the matte dash (combo I saw in a white 750 that looked amazing). Also got the M Sport, Executive package and the best part about it all, the B&O sound system. REALLY like my music in the car. So that is the one thing that is making me crazy -- to hear that radio again! I almost went to the dealers yesterday just to sit in one of their cars with it and listen once again.

Contacted my sales rep and he said I can have the $3500 cash back that they are offering. He also said Dec may have even better incentives. So that makes me happy too. Could be that I will be under $1000/mo for the car in the end, which would be fab given that I am playing over $1000 for my Lexus LS lease right now!

BTW, were you able to track your car production in the end? Mine still says "order entered" but doesn't have it in production even though my sales guy sent me a screen shot showing that it's being painted.

What config did you get on the Alpina??

K

Last edited by kath00; 11-03-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:28 PM

B&O is a must. I have it in my current S8 and have it ordered for my B7.

You can call the customer service number and get a status update by inputting the last seven digits of your VIN. Or you can just have your dealer check. Once you have a VIN you know you are in production.

I ordered the Aplina Blue with the ivory/black two-tone interior.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:34 PM
AL PRIEBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtimmer View Post
My B7 is on the ahip, due to arrive in NJ around the 7th. Then probably another week until I can get behind the wheel. Can't wait.
Do you know the name of the ship it on, you can track it online?
Old 11-03-2012, 02:46 PM
AL PRIEBE

Quote:
That's ok. I can wait, really. Just don't want to!

Got the 750i in dark grey with saddle leather interior and the matte dash (combo I saw in a white 750 that looked amazing). Also got the M Sport, Executive package and the best part about it all, the B&O sound system. REALLY like my music in the car. So that is the one thing that is making me crazy -- to hear that radio again! I almost went to the dealers yesterday just to sit in one of their cars with it and listen once again.

Contacted my sales rep and he said I can have the $3500 cash back that they are offering. He also said Dec may have even better incentives. So that makes me happy too. Could be that I will be under $1000/mo for the car in the end, which would be fab given that I am playing over $1000 for my Lexus LS lease right now!

BTW, were you able to track your car production in the end? Mine still says "order entered" but doesn't have it in production even though my sales guy sent me a screen shot showing that it's being painted.

What config did you get on the Alpina??

K
That color scheme sounds HOT! I ordered my Alpina in "Alpina Blue" with Saddle/Black interior and loaded, the only option I didn't get was rear seat entertainment. I was going to pay cash for my car, minus my trade but they also told me about the incentive, $750.00 recurring customer and the $3,500.00 cash back with financing. I'll pay for most of it and finance $15,000.00 then pay that off in a few months. Try again on Monday afternoon, I don't believe they update on weekends and they are usually a couple days late with the update anyway! I believe after painting is prtoduction?
Old 11-03-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
That color scheme sounds HOT! I ordered my Alpina in "Alpina Blue" with Saddle/Black interior and loaded, the only option I didn't get was rear seat entertainment. I was going to pay cash for my car, minus my trade but they also told me about the incentive, $750.00 recurring customer and the $3,500.00 cash back with financing. I'll pay for most of it and finance $15,000.00 then pay that off in a few months. Try again on Monday afternoon, I don't believe they update on weekends and they are usually a couple days late with the update anyway! I believe after painting is prtoduction?
Thanks! I just googled the Alpina blue and WOW, what a gorgeous color. It looks amazing in the photos! I hope you post a pix once it finally arrives. With the dual tone seats, it will be pretty great, I am sure.

According to my rep, I have a VIN number now so I need to call him and get it. How do you find out what ship it's on, when it finally ships? Not to be obsessive or anything .

K
Old 11-04-2012, 04:10 AM
AL PRIEBE

Quote:
Thanks! I just googled the Alpina blue and WOW, what a gorgeous color. It looks amazing in the photos! I hope you post a pix once it finally arrives. With the dual tone seats, it will be pretty great, I am sure.

According to my rep, I have a VIN number now so I need to call him and get it. How do you find out what ship it's on, when it finally ships? Not to be obsessive or anything .

K
I believe the seats are a single tone (Saddle), the carpet is black and the doors and consol are mixed tones with the piano black wood trim mixed in? Get the VIN, when you call 800-831-1117 asked for production status then give them the last seven digits of your VIN number, they will reply on the vehicles status, it can change daily. Once it gets to Bremerhaven and gets a vessel assignment your rep. can get that information. Once you know the ship you can track. Nobody has answered this question but I know BMW uses K-Line (for sure, my car was on the Florida Highway), they may also use W&W and one other Shipping Line. Get the ship name and send a post and I'll help you track. There is no way to find the ship name, your rep. can get that information through there German contact at BMW!
Old 11-04-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
I believe the seats are a single tone (Saddle), the carpet is black and the doors and consol are mixed tones with the piano black wood trim mixed in? Get the VIN, when you call 800-831-1117 asked for production status then give them the last seven digits of your VIN number, they will reply on the vehicles status, it can change daily. Once it gets to Bremerhaven and gets a vessel assignment your rep. can get that information. Once you know the ship you can track. Nobody has answered this question but I know BMW uses K-Line (for sure, my car was on the Florida Highway), they may also use W&W and one other Shipping Line. Get the ship name and send a post and I'll help you track. There is no way to find the ship name, your rep. can get that information through there German contact at BMW!
Your interior sounds absolutely beautiful! Actually, it sounds just like mine, minus the piano black wood trim (I got a dark brown matte trim). I will email my rep about the VIN. He just said there was one assigned.

I hope my car comes by ship to Los Angeles since we live on the left coast. Otherwise I am in it for a looooong wait. And I am not good at waiting...

Kath
Old 11-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 750 Li
Quote:

I hope my car comes by ship to Los Angeles since we live on the left coast. Otherwise I am in it for a looooong wait. And I am not good at waiting...

Kath
Once the car is shipped the dealer will see the ship on the computer. They will also have an estimated docking date.

All cars for Northern CA come through Port Hueneme VPC.

Over the last 20 years and almost as many cars only one came in through the east coast to CA. This was with MB because it was the end of the year and they wanted to book the sale of the cars for that year. It actually takes less time for the car to dock on the east coast and then be sent to the west coast by rail but it is also more costly so they almost never do it.

2010 750 Li |Citrin Black|Amaro Brown Leather|IndividualComposition|Piano Black Wood Trim|

2012 MB Designo S 550

Last edited by LovinM6; 11-04-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:48 PM

Got the notice! My car shipped! Arriving Nov 28th via Wallenius Willhelmsen to Oxnard! YAHOO!!
Old 11-10-2012, 01:21 PM

my b7 arrived today, only 2 days after arriving in the Port of NY. Sweet. just needs to get prepped now.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
my b7 arrived today, only 2 days after arriving in the Port of NY. Sweet. just needs to get prepped now.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 03:51 PM

looks a bit dorky still, in pre-prepped stage (covered wheels, etc), but this gives you an idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Peabody-20121110-00026.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	349065   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20121110-00025.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	349066   Click image for larger version

Name:	Peabody-20121110-00027.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	349067   Click image for larger version

Name:	Peabody-20121110-00028.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	349068  
Old 11-10-2012, 07:04 PM

Mein Auto: 750Li
How much of a deposit did your dealer take when you ordered your car?
Old 11-10-2012, 07:44 PM

normally $1,000 but because of the unusual colors he wanted $2,500. All refundable by law, though, so it didn't really bother me.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
looks a bit dorky still, in pre-prepped stage (covered wheels, etc), but this gives you an idea.
That is the sexiest butt I have ever seen! Gorgey!
Old 11-11-2012, 10:58 AM

Send a message via MSN to quarterto8 Send a message via Yahoo to quarterto8
Mein Auto: BMW 745
Quote:
normally $1,000 but because of the unusual colors he wanted $2,500. All refundable by law, though, so it didn't really bother me.
Congratulations!! Beautiful color combination. Did you buy or lease the beast?? Would you mind sharing the details of down payment and monthly payment?
Old 11-11-2012, 11:06 AM

very good terms, especially vs the S8, which I was considering as well. Three year lease, with residual (at 12k miles) of 60% (vs 45% for S8). Doing multiple deposits to bring MF down to about a 3% APR. No money down. Bottom line is that lease payment is about the same as for the S8, even though the S8 is $115k and the B7 is $137k.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:27 PM

Send a message via MSN to quarterto8 Send a message via Yahoo to quarterto8
Mein Auto: BMW 745
Quote:
very good terms, especially vs the S8, which I was considering as well. Three year lease, with residual (at 12k miles) of 60% (vs 45% for S8). Doing multiple deposits to bring MF down to about a 3% APR. No money down. Bottom line is that lease payment is about the same as for the S8, even though the S8 is $115k and the B7 is $137k.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:16 PM

Mein Auto: 11' 750i, 14' Bentley GTC
Stunning and love the black alpina wheels

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Bimmer App