Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2016 340i xDrive msport
Anybody negotiate money back on a low milage lease turn in?

I have a 2009 335 that was initially a 36 month lease and I extended for 12 months to wait for the f30. I now have an f30 335 on order waiting to go into production. My 2009 is in very good condition with only 32K miles. The buy back is ~22K and estimated trade in value is ~26K. Anybody in similar situations negotiate with the dealer to buy out the lease from BMWFS and then give you the cash back or apply it to the next car? We were recently at a Hyundai dealership looking at a Santa Fe for my wife and they said they do this sort of thing all the time if your current lease is worth more than the residual/buyback. I haven't asked my BMW dealership about it yet. Thanks
Old 09-27-2012, 08:06 AM

Mein Auto: 2017 VW GTI Sport MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsdoc View Post
I have a 2009 335 that was initially a 36 month lease and I extended for 12 months to wait for the f30. I now have an f30 335 on order waiting to go into production. My 2009 is in very good condition with only 32K miles. The buy back is ~22K and estimated trade in value is ~26K. Anybody in similar situations negotiate with the dealer to buy out the lease from BMWFS and then give you the cash back or apply it to the next car? We were recently at a Hyundai dealership looking at a Santa Fe for my wife and they said they do this sort of thing all the time if your current lease is worth more than the residual/buyback. I haven't asked my BMW dealership about it yet. Thanks
If they want your car back to sell as used then they may let you get out of the lease a few months early. I doubt they will let you apply the buy out amount to a new car but it can't hurt to ask. However what will help at lease end is the low mileage. They will apply a credit to any charges for damages.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
. They will apply a credit to any charges for damages.
Thats it. I believe its up to either $300 or $500 .
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 09-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Porleau

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 335ix M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by vern View Post
Thats it. I believe its up to either $300 or $500 .
cheers
vern
I got $500 towards some bumper curb rash. Car had 12k miles left on the lease at turn in time.

2014 F30 Mineral Gray| Coral Red Dakota | xDrive | M-Sport | MPPK | 2TB | ZCW| ZPP | ZTP | ZD2 | ZDH | Z4A | 5DP | 5DL |HK Stereo |

Gone, but not forgotten:
11 BMW 335xi e90
08 BMW 335i e90
05 Audi A4 3.0q USP
01 Audi A6 4.2q
98 Audi A4 2.8q
91 BMW 535i
87 BMW 325e
85 VW Rabbit GTI
Old 09-27-2012, 10:27 AM

Thanks. So other than a little bit of a hassle since there is a potential 4K difference between buyout price and trade-in price any reason not to try and do this?
Old 09-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Sejanus

Mein Auto: From BMWs to Porsches
If I'm understanding correctly, the out-right sell of the car will yield more $$$ than what BMW wants for the car at lease end...a/k/a, you hit the sweet spot! If so, sell it (CarMax), pay BMW what you owe them for the car, and pocket the remainder.

Currently: 2015 Porsche 911 GTS and 2016 Cayenne S eHybrid

Past BMWs: `05 645CiC; `07 650i; `08 M6 convertible; '08 135i; `11 750ix MSport; `15 M235i convertible

"You think that's air you're breathing now?"
-Morpheus
Old 09-27-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslierc View Post
If I'm understanding correctly, the out-right sell of the car will yield more $$$ than what BMW wants for the car at lease end...a/k/a, you hit the sweet spot! If so, sell it (CarMax), pay BMW what you owe them for the car, and pocket the remainder.
Yes, that's what I'm saying. However I'm not terribly interested in the hassle of selling privately. What I would like to do is ask my dealer what they would give me for a trade in assuming I owned the car. If substantially more that my buyback (which theoretically it should be) why not just simplify the transaction and have them buy it out and apply the difference to the new lease or give me a check. My brother in law has done this with prior Acura's and as I mentioned a Hyundai dealership told me they would do this with our currently leased Subaru Outback (also worth more than buyback) if we leased a Santa Fe. I'm sure they would rather just buy the car from BMWFS after turn in and make a bigger profit for themselves selling as a CPO but if I said I would buy it out myself and then trade it in to them then maybe they would be willing to just simplify the whole thing?
Old 09-27-2012, 11:33 AM

Mein Auto: 2017 VW GTI Sport MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsdoc View Post
Yes, that's what I'm saying. However I'm not terribly interested in the hassle of selling privately. What I would like to do is ask my dealer what they would give me for a trade in assuming I owned the car. If substantially more that my buyback (which theoretically it should be) why not just simplify the transaction and have them buy it out and apply the difference to the new lease or give me a check. My brother in law has done this with prior Acura's and as I mentioned a Hyundai dealership told me they would do this with our currently leased Subaru Outback (also worth more than buyback) if we leased a Santa Fe. I'm sure they would rather just buy the car from BMWFS after turn in and make a bigger profit for themselves selling as a CPO but if I said I would buy it out myself and then trade it in to them then maybe they would be willing to just simplify the whole thing?
Your last comment may be the best alternative. BMWFS owns the car not the dealer and at lease end it goes back to them not the dealer. What happens after that I'm not sure but unless you own the car you have no say in what can be done with it. How much time is left on the lease?

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search