Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:24 PM

Mein Auto: bmw 730d
SatNav 2012

Hi guys i bought this disc off ebay..I managed to install the v32 software update..But then when i put in the map high DVD it didn't read it..I then tried an original 08 high DVD and that didn't work..I put my original 03 DVD in and it came on immediately..But on closer in inspection of my original 03 DVD it said for seven series only..What is this all about..Do the sevens have a special disc only for them..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-SAT-NAV-H ... 6rk%3D1%26
Ads by Google
Old 08-07-2012, 02:41 PM

Mein Auto: bmw 730d
guys this is a pic of my unit..http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/526/satnavb.jpg/
Old 08-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 750i 2008
I also bought a 2012 version off of Ebay recently. My auction details did provide a list of compatible cars and my 750i was listed. I presume since there was that list, then the DVD is not universal and you may want to check your auction description again to be sure. I dont know what V32 is, but if thats a SW update outside of the DVD maybe you want to restore to prior version and try again.

On mine, all I did was swap out the 2007 DVD in the DVD reader in the car trunk for the 2012. For the 1st several days, the navigator would infrequently restart itself which a message notifcation that I cant now remember. It has stopped doing that completely and my guess is that the Navigator was reading a map update off the CD and loading the new data into local memory and had to restart each time. After a few restarts it had the newest maps for the region I drive in and has not restarted in several weeks.