Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 07-11-2014, 03:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 330xi
Question 2015 550i Ordering/Delivery Experience?

I just ordered my 2015 550i xDrive...and received the Production Number yesterday (July 10th)

I have been told by my dealer that I might not see delivery until October. The primary reason being the Individual Leather...

Does anyone have experience ordering a 2015 550i with an Individual interior? I'm wondering if my dealer is managing expectations, or will it be fall before I get my car? Thanks!

M Sport
Carbon Black Metallic
Amaro Brown Extended Merino Leather
Dark Wood Trim
Executive Package
Cold Weather Package
Ads by Google
Old 07-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 535ix 2008 E61
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewPH View Post
I just ordered my 2015 550i xDrive...and received the Production Number yesterday (July 10th)

I have been told by my dealer that I might not see delivery until October. The primary reason being the Individual Leather...

Does anyone have experience ordering a 2015 550i with an Individual interior? I'm wondering if my dealer is managing expectations, or will it be fall before I get my car? Thanks!

M Sport
Carbon Black Metallic
Amaro Brown Extended Merino Leather
Dark Wood Trim
Executive Package
Cold Weather Package
You may have a production number, but did they give you a production date? Usually the dealer will know what week. Mine had individual components in the interior (Piano Black) and it was six weeks from order date to production date and then another 5 weeks to get it on a boat and to the dealer. I think they basically shut down or slow down in August, and if your car is not produced until the end of August or beginning of September you are not going to see your car until October unless you get very lucky.
Other: '08 E61
Other: '14 MB E350 wagon
Past: Too many to list, but includes 3,5,7 & 8 series BMW, C, E and S MBenzes, an Alfa Romeo, an MGB, plus others.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:37 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
I ordered my 2014 Individual 535i, Individual paint (Azurite Black) and Individual leather (Amaro, like yours), in late December. The car took about a month longer to receive than my previous 3 non-Individual BMW's. I took delivery on March 22, not quite 3 months. From that, I'd figure just another month. Also, I think the paint might make more of a difference than the leather. As I understand it, Individual paint is done at a separate building, I believe where M cars are built (not MSport). They have to transport the car to the other building, etc. They are painted "by hand", rather than the usual robots. Someone else on the forums claimed they were told Azurite Black would take 8 months, my dealer said "no way", and he was right.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm

Last edited by markl53; 07-11-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:52 PM

Mein Auto: 535i
I've ordered two F10's in the last year. Both had Individual leather and wood, but regular paint. The first one took 3.5 months from putting down the deposit until delivery at the Performance Center. The other one took slightly less than three months, delivered at the dealer.

Performance Center delivery can add a few weeks. They like to have a buffer of about two weeks from the time they receive the car until you pick it up.

For any make, it often takes longer to get a factory ordered car in the beginning of the model year, because there is a back log of customer factory orders and because the dealerships are building up their inventory for the new model year.

I've ordered U.S. made cars in January and received them in six or seven weeks. Car sales are slow in the first thee months of the year. It's cold and messy, not the time of year you can really enjoy a new car. Also, most people are broke from Christmas and less likely to be buying cars.

A friend ordered a M235i, with Performance Center delivery. He's looking at about 2.5 months from order to delivery.

If a car is in super-demand (e.g. M4's right now), you have to wait until the dealer gets an allocation. From the time the allocation is available for spec'ing, it takes about two to 2.5 months, with about one month of that being shipping from Germany to the U.S. dealer.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Shogunman

Mein Auto: 2013 640i GC
I think you can call BMWNA and ask if you have the production number. You get an accurate and quick answer.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old Yesterday, 01:54 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputzer View Post
I've ordered U.S. made cars in January and received them in six or seven weeks. Car sales are slow in the first thee months of the year. It's cold and messy, not the time of year you can really enjoy a new car. Also, most people are broke from Christmas and less likely to be buying cars.

A friend ordered a M235i, with Performance Center delivery. He's looking at about 2.5 months from order to delivery.
If a car is in super-demand (e.g. M4's right now), you have to wait until the dealer gets an allocation. From the time the allocation is available for spec'ing, it takes about two to 2.5 months, with about one month of that being shipping from Germany to the U.S. dealer.
Here in southwest winter months are not a problem.

High demad cars like the M235 and other will take longer to get

Old Yesterday, 03:11 AM

Mein Auto: 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle11 View Post
Here in southwest winter months are not a problem.

High demad cars like the M235 and other will take longer to get
Yeah, the messy, cold winter-thing applies only to northern climates. The broke-from-Christmas applies everywhere, if people live paycheck-to-paycheck. I know $200k/year households that live paycheck-to-paycheck and cut back after the Christmas credit card bills start coming in. I dated a carsalesmanette back in the 1990's. She was on the draw (commissions not even equaling minimum wage) in December and January.

My friend ordered his M235i in late May. He's picking it up in Spartanburg August 11th. Car salesmen always try to exaggerate the demand for cars that are moving well, to get the price up. M235i's are like Doritos... they'll make more.

There are reports of four-exhaust-tipped, camouflaged F22's rip-snorting around the 'ring. That could mean an M2, hopefully with an S55 and DCT... but only after the new-intro buzz for the F80 dies down. If/when the M2 gets here, they'll be giving away M235i's.

The last BMW will real backlogs was the E46 M3 coupe' when it first came out. Dealers had waiting lists that were two years long. I had an early one (being in the right place, right time, and I knew it), and after a year I could have sold it for almost what I paid for it. The local dealer I really wanted to buy from wouldn't even take a deposit from me.

Despite what car salesmen at the time tried to spin, the E92 M3's ended up as lot bunnies right from the get-go. They are particularly thirsty, and the U.S. economy was in melt-down when they came out.
Old Yesterday, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53 View Post
I ordered my 2014 Individual 535i, Individual paint (Azurite Black) and Individual leather (Amaro, like yours), in late December. The car took about a month longer to receive than my previous 3 non-Individual BMW's. I took delivery on March 22, not quite 3 months. From that, I'd figure just another month. Also, I think the paint might make more of a difference than the leather. As I understand it, Individual paint is done at a separate building, I believe where M cars are built (not MSport). They have to transport the car to the other building, etc. They are painted "by hand", rather than the usual robots. Someone else on the forums claimed they were told Azurite Black would take 8 months, my dealer said "no way", and he was right.
Thanks for the info...this is helpful. When I last ordered a production BMW (2006 330xi), it took about seven weeks...but no individual items. Considering the August vacation, I am sure that I'm looking at at least 3+ months.

How do you like the Amaro with a black exterior? I feel mine is worth the wait...
Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewPH View Post
Thanks for the info...this is helpful. When I last ordered a production BMW (2006 330xi), it took about seven weeks...but no individual items. Considering the August vacation, I am sure that I'm looking at at least 3+ months.

How do you like the Amaro with a black exterior? I feel mine is worth the wait...
Actually, Azurite "Black" is really a very dark blue, similar to Carbon Black when the sun is not shining on it. When the sun shines directly on a panel, it lights up with a lot of sparkling multi-hued metallic flake, which does set it off from Carbon. It's a great combination, IMO, and should look equally good with your CB.

The attached pictures of the Azurite Black M5 are not of my 535i, but the car I was able to see before I ordered mine. I attached a few pics of my Amaro interior as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0652a_med.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	451326   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0657a_med.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	438.4 KB
ID:	451327   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0658a_med.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	451328   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0584a_med.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	451330   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0590a_med.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	451331  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0586a_med.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	451332  

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm

Last edited by markl53; Yesterday at 10:08 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53 View Post
Actually, Azurite "Black" is really a very dark blue, similar to Carbon Black when the sun is not shining on it. When the sun shines directly on a panel, it lights up with a lot of sparkling multi-hued metallic flake, which does set it off from Carbon. It's a great combination, IMO, and should look equally good with your CB.

The attached pictures of the Azurite Black M5 are not of my 535i, but the car I was able to see before I ordered mine. I attached a few pics of my Amaro interior as well.
I went with Carbon Black over Imperial Blue for that very reason -- just the right amount of blue in certain lighting situations.

Amazing photos -- thanks for sharing. I really think it's a great combo, and your photos show it.