Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 435i xDrive Gran Coupé
F36 Changing US_English to UK_English...any Issues?

I have a 2016 435xi GC with the NBT_EVO head unit...will changing the language to UK_English create any problems with navigation, radio, satellite, etc?
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2016, 02:39 PM

I suspect that the answer I am getting is, "Never tried it on that car, so don't know."
Old 01-18-2016, 03:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 Dinan 550xi
If you talking about the "voice" I have had that done, and there is no issues I can find. I use google send to car mostly, but It seems it only changes the language of the voice from what I can see.

Keep in mind I have a different car than you also.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:45 PM

Thanks for the information. Yes, different car and earlier, but sounds more unlikely now that anything will go wonky.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:28 AM

UK English format change

With UK English as Master and US English nicht_aktiv all functions work, however the destination input process has different order and "n.t.a. (US)" appears beside some icons.

I found the following entry in HU_NBT2 and it is possible that this is the function that does not work when UK English is set as Master:

NAVI_DESTINATION_INPUT_US aktiv

This setting makes it possible to enter the house number first on the destination input screen.

With UK English, the house number was the last entry. So, that may be part of the UK format difference. I may try setting this parameter to nicht_aktiv and see if that "n.t.a. (US)" disappears.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 02-12-2016, 02:46 PM

I set NAVI_DESTINATION_INPUT_US to nicht_aktiv and the "n.t.a. (US)" entries disappeared. Now Place/Code (originally City), Street, Number, Intersection appear and entries are easier to make. I found the solution here:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=773780

Other changes due to UK English:

"Tone" becomes "Sound"...no big deal.

"Satellite radio" becomes "n.t.a. (SDARS-US)...I'm looking around to see if I can find a change to get rid of this entry.
Old Today, 09:20 AM

"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to..."

Discover that SDARS means Satellite Digital Audio Radio Services and that "n.t.a." likely means, "no translation available", i.e., the descriptor "Satellite Radio" was not entered into the UK English label entries.

Realize that "Sound" is actually a more appropriate label for the audio adjustment settings than "Tone", as these include Balance, Fader and Surround...none of which have anything to do with tone controls.

Last edited by Beowulf65; Today at 09:24 AM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search