Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 Mercedes-Benz S550
Talking Inquiry on purchasing a Canadian imported 2009 M3 that is now in the USA

Hey there everyone!! First of all I'd like to say, "Hi! I'm Mahir, and as you can tell, I'm new to the Bimmerfest forums."

A little about myself...I'm a 4th year pre-med/biology major at the University of Central Florida. I love EDM, video games, discussing current events, and most of all, I've recently become a car enthusiast as of this past year.

Now on the the topic...I'm in the market on buying a new daily driving vehicle, and I've fell in love with the M3 every since I rode in my uncle's '06 M3 Competition Package. I was looking around at local M3s and ran into one that originated in Canada (2009 M3 Base Sedan w/ 21k miles). The CarFax looked good, and nothing seemed off about it. Although looking at the pictures, the speedometer was in KM/H (I know it's got a digital speedo in MPH). What exactly should I need to check out about this vehicle to see if it's fine?

Here in Florida, it's always sunny/cloudy/rainy. We never ever experience snow, and knowing that this vehicle is from Ontario, Canada, would you guys be weary about purchasing a vehicle that came from a country with harsh winter conditions?

Thanks again,

-Mahir
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Bimmer
Hi Mahir - Welcome.

Why do you want this particular vehicle? Price? Color? Options?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:14 PM

Mein Auto: M3
Is this the blue m3 thats on Cars.com? If so that seller is a scammer. The price is like 34k or something, just remember if its TOO good to be true, it is!

Good luck.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:40 PM
David W

Mein Auto: 2007 335I E93 & E92
Nobody would sell a Canadian car in the USA becase the car will sell here for over $10,000 more. Canadians bring US cars North to save many $$$'s
David