Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 08-10-2012, 04:27 AM
Wardaddy in retirement

Mein Auto: f01 750i
Testdrive 2013 750i

Well I drove the one they had at the dealer today. Planned to make some pics but got so carried away because..
The car feels so much better than the "old" 750i Yes I'm officially mad and yes, this is a rant.
The combination of the new engine and the 8tranny is simply making the car not just a facelift like we're used to having in the other bmw lines. Hell, it's not even a slight change like it was with e65 745 to 750.
It's a huge leap to a comletely different car. This one accelerates differently, and not just faster but smoother and you literally feel more power, it drives a lot better, has what feels to be about twice as much power in the lower RPM's than mine - and that's my major gripe.

Initially I planned to keep my 2010 for another year, but I'm now seriously looking into replacing it with the facelift.

By the way the LEAST "cool" thing I found about the new 7 series is the silly nintendo-graphics instrument cluster. It just feels not as solid and luxurious as the black panel. So the US aren't missing out much.

Ads by Google
Old 08-10-2012, 05:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 E61 M Sport/2012 F30
I'm glad you mentioned the instrument panel...I was beginning to feel unhappy about not getting the new one...I ordered the 740Li xDrive, I wonder how improved the N55 engine will be with the new transmission ...I was only able to drive the 2012 740Li and my last 7 was a 2008 E65 750i so I don't have much of a comparison benchmark.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:05 AM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamlord View Post
Well I drove the one they had at the dealer today. Planned to make some pics but got so carried away because..
The car feels so much better than the "old" 750i Yes I'm officially mad and yes, this is a rant.
The combination of the new engine and the 8tranny is simply making the car not just a facelift like we're used to having in the other bmw lines. Hell, it's not even a slight change like it was with e65 745 to 750.
It's a huge leap to a comletely different car. This one accelerates differently, and not just faster but smoother and you literally feel more power, it drives a lot better, has what feels to be about twice as much power in the lower RPM's than mine - and that's my major gripe.

Initially I planned to keep my 2010 for another year, but I'm now seriously looking into replacing it with the facelift.

By the way the LEAST "cool" thing I found about the new 7 series is the silly nintendo-graphics instrument cluster. It just feels not as solid and luxurious as the black panel. So the US aren't missing out much.
Dinan upgrade won't get you the 8 speed tranny, but you could have had that power feeling since your car was brand new. Just saw you are in Germany, I believe they have tuners there also. It really does make a huge difference.
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.

Last edited by CABimmerNation; 08-10-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:09 AM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
My poor buddy has a stock 09 750i and drove mine and now hates his. It's a lease and near the end, so he just drives it and hates it.
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:10 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 E550 Sedan
Did you get a chance to use the Auto Stop/Start feature? Is it smoother in operation and less noticeable compared to the 5-series or 3-series?
2011 328i Convert
2012 E550 4Matic
Old 08-10-2012, 09:26 AM
BMW rocks!

Mein Auto: 2013 750I M
Cool, thanks for the heads up. I will make sure I don't drive the new 7 when they arrived here, so I don't have to get the urge to change out my car.

2013 750i M, 2014 X1
Old 08-10-2012, 11:27 AM

Mein Auto: F02
Sold my 2K9 F02 a few weeks ago without regret. 13s' updated engine, 8 speed, suspension tweaks, new connected drive, new LCD displays, etc. I hope to wait for next gen G11 as 2014-early 15 release.
I was told by salesman at a big dealer in California, updated new Connected Drive, iTouch and new LCD will be on order sheet starting October. These items are already available on BMW UK site.
New link posting for Connected Drive http://www.bmwblog.com/2012/07/10/pr...onnecteddrive/

Last edited by eLECTRO eDITION; 08-10-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Local Enthusiast

Mein Auto: E65,P71 Police Intercept.
How does the new Bang and Olufsen sound system compare to what you have in the 2010?

. 360infiniteusa Angel Eyes . H&R Springs . mObridge AUX Integration .
Old 08-13-2012, 04:47 PM

Mein Auto: 750li
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamlord View Post

I was aware of the transmission upgrade but didn't realize that there would be major tweaks to the suspension. Is the ride much diiferent...if so, in what way?
Old 08-14-2012, 02:37 AM

Mein Auto: 11' 750i, 14' Bentley GTC
The new 7er should be stunning seeing what BMW has done with the 6er. I'm waiting for my dealer to get a demo gran coupe so I can test one out but the pricing up here in Canada for the 650i is beyond ridiculous so I might wait to trade my car in until the new 7er comes out.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:17 AM

Mein Auto: 650 Vert X-Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLECTRO eDITION View Post
Sold my 2K9 F02 a few weeks ago without regret. 13s' updated engine, 8 speed, suspension tweaks, new connected drive, new LCD displays, etc. I hope to wait for next gen G11 as 2014-early 15 release.
I was told by salesman at a big dealer in California, updated new Connected Drive, iTouch and new LCD will be on order sheet starting October. These items are already available on BMW UK site.
New link posting for Connected Drive http://www.bmwblog.com/2012/07/10/pr...onnecteddrive/
Can yourdealer give you more details on where he;s reading about the October changes to the order sheet? Three larger dealer here in NJ all say only new Nav Professional for 2013, and no other changes till the '14 models. I'm interested in the iDrive Touch and full LCD cluster...
Old 08-15-2012, 10:46 AM

Mein Auto: F02
I just post what I was informed of. You may desire to inquire more frequently to your dealer network.
Western Regional resellers will have 13 product any day, some already have 1 or 2 in stock, on the floor.
BMW NA may release any update at any time. Just in Time parts supply (JIT), production, shipment, port of entry, delivery to reseller network is what 70-93 days?
All items are currently available on BMW UK site.

Last edited by eLECTRO eDITION; 08-15-2012 at 10:52 AM.