Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 10-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang View Post
Fixed it for you..

because the term "TEAMS" implies more than one...

and surely you don't mean the plural because the other Oregon team OWNS the Pacifc Northwest
No, I had it right.

You're having your national spot light like we had during our reign for several decades. Maybe you'll be as fortunate as our school history. Unfortunately you're not in our 'historical league' yet.

Quote:
The Washington Huskies have won 15 Pacific-10 Conference championships, seven Rose Bowl titles, and two national championships. Washington's all-time record of 653-398-50 ranks 20th by all-time winning percentage and 21st by all-time victories. The team has two of the nation's longest winning streaks, including an NCAA second-best of 39 wins in a row, holds the Division I-A unbeaten record at 63 consecutive games, and has had a total of twelve unbeaten seasons, including seven perfect seasons
Old 10-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
That'z nice...

Listen... Princeton was once a ""national POWERHOUSE" you don't see them gloating about the "glory daze...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College...Division_I_FBS

Here is the thing..... My 8 yrs old niece told me a couple weeks ago while watching the Oregon Washington game. "....That purple team NEVER win... why watch the game?? .."

You guy are the doormat of the Pac-12 conference... You are not "the Doormat" only because we took in 2 new teams in the conference to cushing your arse.

WE OWN YOU

OREGON WASHINGTON RESULT
2012 51 21 OREGON WIN
2011 34 17 OREGON WIN
2010 53 16 OREGON WIN
2009 43 19 OREGON WIN
2008 44 10 OREGON WIN
2007 55 34 OREGON WIN
2006 34 14 OREGON WIN
2005 45 21 OREGON WIN
2004 31 6 OREGON WIN

Last edited by beewang; 10-29-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:37 PM

Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
You're still easy to butthurt on football.
My son is being recruited bty Oregon at the moment (Lacrosse) but he doesnt care about their losing history in football nor does he care about their recent short term success even though he has played football for 7 years.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:07 AM
Hydrocarbon Man

Mein Auto: Soon!
Quote:
I don't quite get why Tubbs was let go... from my perspective..

Yeah.. I hear what you are saying.. and I'd be the first one to call him for his head if the Crystal Ball wasn't won on his watch..

The fact that he HAS a crystal ball to his resume says that he CAN win the big one and probably should buy him another year..

But I know... going from the Apex to the bottom just feels like cr@p and I can certainly agree with your fraustration..

What happens if by remote chance that AU beats UA in the ironbowl this year?? What would you say then??!!

beewang
Tubbs was not a 'yes' man, and was frequently at odds with the AD and the some of the more powerful boosters.
Similar situation that Leach was in at Texas Tech. The first attempt to get rid of him didn't quite work out, and the next season we went undefeated. In 2008, he tried to migrate from a West Coast to the spread with Tony Franklin, and it was a complete disaster. There was a LOT of staff infighting, and Tubbs 'quit' at the end of the season for $5 mil iir.

If we do manage to beat Alabama, all you sinners better get your sorry asses into church, because it will be a sure sign that there is a God, and he doesn't like Nick Saban.

Even if, the writing is on the wall. Chiz is a good man, but it's time to move on.

I would think Petrino has an outside chance, but more likely Paul Rhodes or Charlie Strong.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Make Their Ass Quit!

Mein Auto: 2008 M3
Auburn needs to be worried about Alabama A&M.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they won't score on Alabama this year. I don't think we will hang 63 on them like Texas A&M though. Probably more like 45-0.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Bo-ma-win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4luvr View Post
Million dollar arm- 10 cent head. He has had many close calls, seen his roommate get kicked off the team for drugs and now he does something stupid like this. He must think he is totally bullet proof. He has always been a party animal and its hard to change someone like that.

Tcu has incredibly young team and we weren't expecting much this year. For example there is only one senior starter on defense. This week we will be going with our redshirt freshman QB Trevon Boykin and will probably be down to our 3rd or 4th string RB. Prior to this news TCU was thinking about giving Boykin some snaps at RB. It may be a defensive battle this week. CP4 was the one player we could not easily replace.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

I have been looking for the right time and place to wear this T-shirt I got last year!!

Almost ONE YEAR annuversary.. time..

We'll be wearing Purple this weekend.. C'mon Frogs!! Let's do it again!! WON AND DONE BABY!!

Last edited by beewang; 11-05-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:24 PM

Mein Auto: M3

Old 11-05-2012, 07:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Quote:
I have been looking for the right time and place to wear this T-shirt I got last year!!

Almost ONE YEAR annuversary.. time..

We'll be wearing Purple this weekend.. C'mon Frogs!! Let's do it again!! WON AND DONE BABY!!

KSU wears purple too. TCU is having a "black-out" for this week's game in Fort Worth. Snyder is being very coy on if Klein will play. Something tells me he will be ready to play.

TCU's crop of Freshmen and Sophomores are getting better every game. Should be a good game. TCU is still struggling at RB and forced to start their true freshman. Hopefully Maponga will be back to full strength to pressure the QB from both sides.

Being that he is a KSU alum, Patterson will have the Frogs pumped and ready to play.

Our family's Bimmers - 3 e89's (one turned in), e90 - 335d and e46 - 325i

Old 11-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Wow!!! Johnny Manziel!!! ..... Wow!!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
BOOM!

Old 11-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Bo-ma-win!

Just so you all know.. I've known about Johnny back when he was in High School.

Manziel committed to Oregon... but changed his mind after Oregon's current Freshman QB Marcus Marriota commited along w/ couple other QB's

Quote:
"You're not coaching that," Oregon coach Chip Kelly says. "But if a guy has that kind of ability, you're not gonna tell him to stop. He just goes… He's fun to watch.

"He's great for football."

Kelly pays attention in part because Manziel might have been a Duck. He originally committed to Oregon, back when despite the mind-blowing statistics and highlights, none of the major programs in Texas was interested in him playing quarterback. Even now, people wonder unsolicited, what it might have looked like, Manziel running wild in the Ducks' wacky uniforms.

"It seems like it would be a very good offense for him," says A&M offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury. "But we're very glad he's here."

Go Ducks!!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:28 PM

I think its pretty likely that KSU Oregon and ND all finish undefeated. Who gets left off the dance card and why?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

Old 11-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Not really concern w/ ND

The Luck of Irish will run out next week here at the Los Angeles Coliseum. Hear me now believe me later..

The resurgent of the Texas Longhorns may allow Bama to slip back into something the entire country wants to see. The Evil Empire Oregon against the SEC King Pin
Old 11-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Quote:

Oh yeah... and one more thing... Thank YOU A&M!!

Old 11-12-2012, 02:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyCMonkeyDo
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Amen brother! We do need to beat a team like Alabama to finally get some recognition. K-state won't give us the cred we know we deserve.

It is so nice finally having a QB.

Go YELL-Oooooooo!
Old 11-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Brevity= the soul of wit

Mein Auto: You've*got*to be kidding
Quote:
The resurgent of the Texas Longhorns may allow Bama to slip back into something the entire country wants to see. The Evil Empire Oregon against the SEC King Pin
I hope not. I said it here last year. Last year's NC was like dancing with your sister. It was great football, but the teams play all the time- and already had.

I like a 'NATIONAL' Championship. It'd be nice to see someone other than the SEC in there. I don't know ANYONE at K State. Except that it would be great to see a first timer K State take home the trophy, I think I'd have to root for the waterfowl. Unless the 'Dome's' show up. Then I am most definitely looking for a feathered cap.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Make Their Ass Quit!

Quote:
Not really concern w/ ND

The Luck of Irish will run out next week here at the Los Angeles Coliseum. Hear me now believe me later..

That's what I'm pinning my hopes on. Manziel is really good, but our offense screwed the pooch in the first quarter by not getting some first downs. Gotta give the defense a blow when going against a no huddle offense.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASA43 View Post
That's what I'm pinning my hopes on. Manziel is really good, but our offense screwed the pooch in the first quarter by not getting some first downs. Gotta give the defense a blow when going against a no huddle offense.
The Bama offense didn't get first downs for a reason...and it wasn't because of canine fornication. We play D too.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Make Their Ass Quit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh1850 View Post
The Bama offense didn't get first downs for a reason...and it wasn't because of canine fornication. We play D too.
La Tech may beg to differ.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Brevity= the soul of wit

Mein Auto: You've*got*to be kidding
Quote:
Or another perspective: Bama couldn't do against this team what La Tech could. I think most folks would look at their own ass they've just been handed in back to back weeks and realize that now is probably not the time to be talking smack.

If Bama had played against themselves so thoroughly in a NC like they did against LSU or A&M, the SEC would be the laughing stock of college football. Maybe they'll get it together by the SEC championship. If they don't, the game won't be worth watching.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
They lost too.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Hydrocarbon Man

Mein Auto: Soon!
OMG ouch
Old 11-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Make Their Ass Quit!

Tough at the top Oregon and Kansas State. We'll see if Notre Dame can handle the pressure next week. Looks like Bama/Georgia winner will have one of the spots in Miami now.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:46 PM

The SEC's wet dream just came true. Looks like SEC champion VS Notre Dame in national championship (unless ND loses to USC). Baylor crushing KSU was way out of left field. It just shows you that any Big 12 team can beat any other Big 12 teams on any given Saturday.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Have fun in Miami "Bama

You are welcome!!

signed Alex Maldonado, aka the Kicker that can't kick