Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Tomjh4

Mein Auto: 2012BMW F30 328i luxury l
Smile 7 / 7 plus 2Cents

I've had my first BMW since Aug and now have about 7000 miles on it. I would like to give a little feed back on it. VERY NICE to start with. It really has exceeded my expectation in most ways. I concur with consumer reports and have had 0 mechanical problem and no other types of problems not counting some stupid salesman stuff.
I love driving the car the handling is wonderful and the built quality is great. The materials are first class. The fuel economy is impressive. On the open highway doing a steady 75 in echo you will get 40 mpg. In the city were I unfortunately do most of my driving if your average speed is over 30mph I get about 28 or 29 on the trip computer but if you figure it empirically it is consistently about 1.5 mpg less. My wife has a Lexus es350 and it runs 1.5 over as well I think the car companies like to inflate the numbers a bit.
I decided on the Luxury line with the saddle leather and mineral white. I live on Miami Beach and there are a lot of BMWs as well as other high end cars here and I don't think it gets a lot of attention here. But I am a teacher in an other part of town and I was taken back by the response at school. There are at least a couple other BMWs there but this is the only 328. There are also some expensive cars there also like MB and mini vans that go for the low 30s at least just to give you a picture.
Well I was taken back by the attention. Some people thought I hit the lotto.I've walked into the lounge to conversations discussing with admiration my car.I had an other teacher running after me in the lot asking me about it. And almost every women teacher who I talk to has complemented me on how beautiful the car is. And the guy ask about as well.
I know most of the people here love the sport version and I can see why. But let me say after living with this car for a while now it is beautiful. I love the interior. I really think the new 328 is one of the best looking car you can buy.
After using the car on a day to day basis it besides being fun to drive it has some really nice dare I say practical features. I love the space under the floor it's perfect for some hot or cold food on the way home. And the controls though different the what I had been used to make sense.
This is for any one reading that reads how you must have this option or that option ,if you are on a budget this configuration works with no sense of lacking. Even without the tech pk your music through iPod or phone will do it for you.
PS thanks everyone for all the great tips I make my experience all the better.

Last edited by Tomjh; 03-14-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Ads by Google