Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 528i
NAVI_FREE_TEXT_SEARCH and NAVI_ONLINE_OPTIMIZATION_BUTTON

I havent seen much on either of these so I thought I'd share the results from coding them:
NAVI_ONLINE_OPTIMIZATION_BUTTON:
-You get an additional checkbox in route preferences to enable online routes
-There is an "online" route shown as an alternative route (seems to replace the short route option IIRC)
-The routes popup menu on the map screen gets a 3rd option to select the online route. This was grayed out no matter what I tried.

My experience was that it wouldn't actually allow me to select the online route. I suspect that there is no server in the US for it to connect to. But I didn't play around with it too much before disabling it again. Maybe the NBT software does actually check for the presence of an EDC or adaptrive drive control module now.

NAVI_FREE_TEXT_SEARCH:
Works. Seems to let you search for any text acrosss all POIs and addresses. Seems somewhat useful - although I end up entering addresses and POIs via voice now so I likely wont use this too much. But no harm in enabling from what i can tell.

Also tried: HVAC_POPUP_AIRDISTR but this had no effect

And I tried enabling EDC_CIC to see if this would allow the configure screen for MACRO_FDS to actually work. No dice..still wont' let me select the chassis or drivetrain only options.

Lastly, I tried messing around with the ASD module (14 528s have it). Changing the motor to the n55 or s55 effectively shut off ASD, while selecting the S63 worked. I suspect that had I changed the chassis code as well (to F20 or F80 respectively) I could've gotten the other sounds working. So far I prefer the S63 sound (deeper and richer). Still not sure how I feel abot this thing-- but if I have it I might as well code it! Also noticed that there were a few "B" code motors in there, so I guess the new Minis have ASD as well.

Last edited by bmw325; 06-16-2014 at 06:38 AM.
Advertisement